User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-07-2009, 04:08 PM   #751
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 655
Hey Ballbearing

We took a ride to Death Valley a couple of weeks ago and saw temperatures up to mid 90s. All of us wore the Cayenne Pro jacket/pants combo and we all were pleasantly surprised by the way they vented.

I totally agree with Motodisiac. Start with this combo and see how it works out for you. The vents are really easy to operate even as you are riding your bike.

The Cayenne Pro combo will definitely keep you warm in temperatures as low as lower 50s with just a t-shirt under it.

Just my personal experince, hope that helps ...

Cheers

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 05:43 PM   #752
Ballbearing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideout
Hey Ballbearing

We took a ride to Death Valley a couple of weeks ago and saw temperatures up to mid 90s. All of us wore the Cayenne Pro jacket/pants combo and we all were pleasantly surprised by the way they vented.

I totally agree with Motodisiac. Start with this combo and see how it works out for you. The vents are really easy to operate even as you are riding your bike.

The Cayenne Pro combo will definitely keep you warm in temperatures as low as lower 50s with just a t-shirt under it.

Just my personal experince, hope that helps ...

Cheers
Thanks. What really sucks here is the humidity. I can stand the high temps in the desert (I'm assuming Death Valley has low humidity) and US West, but here it's just terrible. After taking a shower in the summer I have to towel off several times due to the humidity. Without even exerting any effort I sweat in the summer because of that.

I don't know if I mentioned it before, but I hate the weather in the midwest.
Old 05-07-2009, 05:48 PM   #753
Shane Stump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ballbearing
Hey, I've been researching for the last month or so and I am more confused than ever.

I'm ready to get a new suit but I don't know which. Somebody dress me please before my head explodes.

I currently wear Joe Rocket ballistic jacket and pants. It's gonna be way too hot this summer. It's already too hot now.

I live in the midwest where the high temps are around 90 to 100 and the humidity is 90% or so. The winters are equally as bad: Cold and wet. I can deal with the cold, though. I hate the heat. I do plan on taking several trips away from here (because I hate Indiana), but I believe whatever I get can be made to work in those instances.

A while back I was directed towards the Sirocco jacket as an all around item. I'm still interested in that, but I am leaning more towards a shorter jacket. My current ride has upright seating so the length isn't really a problem, but my joe rocket jacket is longer and bunches slightly. I did read a review stating that the Sirocco's construction is loose allowing light to be seen through the outer shell. How does this work for protection from the sun?

Speaking of protection: Protection is more of a concern to me than comfort. I am willing to sacrifice and sweat a bit if that means less, or no, road rash.

I've been trying to find something good enough for every season here, but I don't think it exists. I'd rather not buy two, or more, different setups but if that's what needs to be done so be it.

To recap: My number one priority is safety with number two being comfort in the heat. I plan on wearing an electric jacket in the cold.

For sizing - I'm 5'9" and 175 pounds. About 35.5 inches around the belly button with a 41 inch chest.

Thanks.

PS. I'll take glove suggestions as well. I'm leaning towards the comet.
I live in Bryan Texas and we have high 90s with high humidity also. The Cayenne Pro is NOT very comfortable even with all the vents open when high temperature + high humidity. When I rode to West Texas where it was high 90s and low humidity, the Cayenne Pro was fine.

I am afraid you will most likely have to purchase two sets of riding gear like I did ... I purchased the Turbine jacket / pants for the hot months and the Cayenne Pro for the NOT so hot months!

The good news is that Dennis will GLADLY sell you BOTH !

Best Regards,

Shane
Shane Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2009, 06:11 PM   #754
Ballbearing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 70
Thanks,

I was afraid that two sets of gear would be required.

If I have to buy two sets, which mesh gear? I know that the Turbine is the safest, but how much less protection does the Typhoon and Air provide? I don't really need a rain liner for a strictly summer jacket. Besides, I will probably wear a one piece rain suit anyway if need be.

Also, How much warmer is the black compared to the lighter colors?

Maybe I should just move away from "the armpit of America". That would make this decision easier.
Old 05-07-2009, 06:37 PM   #755
DrFaulken
Luck Bucket

Oddometer: 206
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shane Stump
I purchased the Turbine jacket / pants for the hot months and the Cayenne Pro for the NOT so hot months!
This is exactly what I did. After growing up in dog-breathing-in-your-face Oklahoma, I decided to punish myself by moving to Virginia. The humidity sucks.

So far I've found the Turbine to vent a little less than a perforated leather jacket, but I like the quality and comfort of the jacket.

I use the rain liner that came with the Cayenne Pro in the Turbine -- mostly to serve as a wind block on my morning commute. It has been in the 50s in the morning, 80s when I leave. My bottom comfort range in the Turbine is about 55F without a liner. So far I've worn it up to 86F, this coming week it will be in the 90s in Georgia (road trip).

[edit]
One more thing. I could have NEVER afforded both the CP and the Turbine at the same time. Get the Turbine now -- you might be able to wear it into the fall with a fleece vest/jacket underneath depending on where you live and your cold tolerance. By then, you may have saved enough to get a Cayenne Pro for the rest of fall through spring.
DrFaulken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 06:40 AM   #756
Shane Stump
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Thanks,

If I have to buy two sets, which mesh gear? I know that the Turbine is the safest, but how much less protection does the Typhoon and Air provide? I don't really need a rain liner for a strictly summer jacket. Besides, I will probably wear a one piece rain suit anyway if need be.

Maybe I should just move away from "the armpit of America". That would make this decision easier.
Ballbearing,

I ALWAYS go with colors that reflect the heat if possible! I have just spend to many miserable miles in EXTREME heat / humidity in all black riding suits ... in the silver colors, the heat isn't as noticeable.

Dennis will have to answer the other questions about quality of the individual lines. I got the Turbine for the hot months (May-October) and the Cayenne Pro for the other months. I really like the comfort of the Rev'it gear. My only complaints in the Cayenne Pro and Turbine series is that Rev'it didn't include the upgraded back armor (I still don't understand why anybody would purchase either set of cloths and NOT want the upgraded back armor)!

Just make sure the Rev'it gear fits you and you will be a very happy rider.

Best Regards,

Shane
Shane Stump is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 07:45 AM   #757
TRitt
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 352
Dennis

Dennis ... I'm interested in the Air Jacket but concerned about sleeve length ... 42 chest, 34 waist, 6'2" 185 lbs... Kinda long and lean .. Suggestions ? Tom
TRitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:39 PM   #758
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,491
Tom,

I would recommend going with XL, even though the sleeve length will be barely enough, it will fit great just about everywhere else. As you already know, it's always about compromise when you are tall and lean Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Ritt
Dennis ... I'm interested in the Air Jacket but concerned about sleeve length ... 42 chest, 34 waist, 6'2" 185 lbs... Kinda long and lean .. Suggestions ? Tom

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2009, 05:45 PM   #759
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

From my experience black is a lot warmer when you are standing still however once on the way you will not be able to tell the difference.

It's nearly impossible to measure how much safer the TURBINE is over AIR and TYPHOON. It uses stronger textiles and better armor therefore it's safer. If your budget allows it, go for it. If it doesn't, AIR of TURBINE will still provide you with adequate protection, especially compared to competing products from value brands.

I really like Dr.Faulken's suggestion to buy the TURBINE now and the CAYENNE PRO when it gets colder. The summer is here, and I do not see a reason to get 4 season jacket right away. Cheers,

D.

Quote:
Thanks,

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-09-2009, 04:38 PM   #760
Kit_McConnico
Regular Adventurer

Oddometer: 308
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
FYI you smaller jacket shipped on Monday. You should get it just in time for the weekend ride

Dennis

Arrived thiis morning. Fits perfectly and kept me cool for 200 miles this morning. Thanks Dennis.
Kit_McConnico is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #761
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

i already got the jacket you send back to me so we are even enjoy :)

d.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kit_McConnico
Arrived thiis morning. Fits perfectly and kept me cool for 200 miles this morning. Thanks Dennis.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-11-2009, 03:34 PM   #762
KMmoto1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Just picked up a black Turbine jacket from Dennis and figured I'd post up some photos since there aren't many of the black version:

So far I love the jacket. The warmest weather I've ridden with it so far is about 80 degrees and it was very comfortable. The SAS-Tec back armor is in place in these photos.

I've always been really impressed and happy with the REVIT stuff I've bought so far. The Turbine jacket is a nice piece.

- jamie
KMmoto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2009, 04:04 PM   #763
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Jamie,

Thank you for the pics, I was looking forward to seeing them. What kind of pants are you wearing, looks like 100% match Cheers,

Dennis

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-11-2009, 09:46 PM   #764
KMmoto1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Those are REVIT Zip pants. I've got jeans on underneath and they are great for commutes so long as it isn't too hot out (the zip pants are waterproof).
KMmoto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2009, 10:22 AM   #765
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Sounds like you need another set of summer pants that actually vent And another winter jacket to match the ZIP pants

Do you mind if I use your pics on my web? Regards,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMmoto1
Those are REVIT Zip pants. I've got jeans on underneath and they are great for commutes so long as it isn't too hot out (the zip pants are waterproof).

CRF450X - Dirt Toy