Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-12-2009, 06:52 PM   #766
KMmoto1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
Actually I have a set of Mistral pants already. :)

Winter jacket is next on the list!

Feel free to use the photos. Glad they could be of some use. Went for another ride today, the Turbine jacket is really great so far.
KMmoto1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 11:48 AM   #767
xenonrd
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Wow, lots of good Rev'it info in this thread. Thanks Motodisiac for taking time to answer all these questions so thoroughly!

I was dead set on an Ignition jacket, due to the leather for abrasion protection and the hot summer I expect to be riding through. But now I'm also torn between the Cayenne Pro, Sirocco, and the new Dragon and Navigators...what's a guy to do? Buy them all?

The only thing I'm for sure on is the Zip pants cause I need something that's easy to take on and off for my daily commutes. I know it'll be a scorcher in the middle of summer but my belief is that a cool jacket up top will allow my body to stay relatively cool overall. Plus I don't have to fiddle with a liner when it starts raining.

My main question is what happens during a heavy thunderstorm when I'm in the middle of nowhere. Will the Ignition w/liner and Zip pants be well matched to prevent leaks, especially around the waist/crotch area? Do they zipper together? I really hate wet underwear while riding. Or should I just spring for the full rainsuit to be safe?

Also, I'm 6', 185, 41" chest, 37" waist, 32" inseam (as per Rev'it charts). Seems like an XL pant should be good, but do I go for the 52 or 54 size jacket? I prefer a tighter fit, but don't want the sleeves or waist to ride up.

Gotta decide real soon, definitely need some gear ASAP!
xenonrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:06 PM   #768
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,473
Well, CAYENNE PRO will certainly protect you from the rain better than the IGNITION due to it's longer length. However since most of the time it's not raining, I think IGNITION will work for you just fine. You will definitely appreciate it when the weather gets hot, it vents great. IGNITION jacket will connect with ZIP pants via short zipper.

Since you are already set on IGNITION, why not match it with REV'IT GEAR pants? This combo will be way more comfortable in the summer and it's pretty easy to leave the liner in if you anticipate rain.

When it comes to sizing it looks like you will need L (or size 52) pants and size 52 jacket. IGNITION and GEAR pants are pretty snug but comfortable fit. Let me know if you have any more questions. Regards,

Dennis

P.S. I will upload some new pictures of IGNITION jacket in a couple of hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xenonrd
Wow, lots of good Rev'it info in this thread. Thanks Motodisiac for taking time to answer all these questions so thoroughly!

I was dead set on an Ignition jacket, due to the leather for abrasion protection and the hot summer I expect to be riding through. But now I'm also torn between the Cayenne Pro, Sirocco, and the new Dragon and Navigators...what's a guy to do? Buy them all?

The only thing I'm for sure on is the Zip pants cause I need something that's easy to take on and off for my daily commutes. I know it'll be a scorcher in the middle of summer but my belief is that a cool jacket up top will allow my body to stay relatively cool overall. Plus I don't have to fiddle with a liner when it starts raining.

My main question is what happens during a heavy thunderstorm when I'm in the middle of nowhere. Will the Ignition w/liner and Zip pants be well matched to prevent leaks, especially around the waist/crotch area? Do they zipper together? I really hate wet underwear while riding. Or should I just spring for the full rainsuit to be safe?

Also, I'm 6', 185, 41" chest, 37" waist, 32" inseam (as per Rev'it charts). Seems like an XL pant should be good, but do I go for the 52 or 54 size jacket? I prefer a tighter fit, but don't want the sleeves or waist to ride up.

Gotta decide real soon, definitely need some gear ASAP!

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 12:16 PM   #769
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-13-2009, 12:17 PM   #770
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Black / Silver one

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-13-2009, 03:15 PM   #771
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

OK, the rest of the pictures are uploaded. They are here

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-13-2009, 03:36 PM   #772
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
+1 on the Ignition jacket. I own one and it is freaking awesome. The lack of attention this jacket gets from the rider crowd is undeserving IMHO.
It combines the fit of a leather jacket with the flexibility of a textile jacket. Given the 2 liner options (rain and a thermal vest liner) it is comfortable to ride in the 65-85 degree range (from my experience of course).
All in all - great product. Highly recommend.

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:04 PM   #773
xenonrd
n00b

Oddometer: 2
Thanks for the pics, the large pics here and on your website are very helpful. I think you've done a great job with the photography, lots of detail and very professional looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
Since you are already set on IGNITION, why not match it with REV'IT GEAR pants? This combo will be way more comfortable in the summer and it's pretty easy to leave the liner in if you anticipate rain.
I saw those and they look really nice and no doubt are very protective. I'm just concerned that I'd not wear them much because they're dedicated pant, not to mention they are pretty expensive. A strong mesh-panel overpant (with waterproof/thermal liner) is definitely one thing I'd say Rev'it is lacking in their lineup. Thanks for the feedback!
xenonrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:28 PM   #774
hetman
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Is 65 the coldest you've ridden in, or is the Ignition venting too much for colder weather?

I'm shopping around for something that works with San Francisco weather.. range of 50-75 most of the time.. something I can also use on a scooter (conservatively styled). I was considering the Shade for a long time but the Ignition is nice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideout
+1 on the Ignition jacket. I own one and it is freaking awesome. The lack of attention this jacket gets from the rider crowd is undeserving IMHO.
It combines the fit of a leather jacket with the flexibility of a textile jacket. Given the 2 liner options (rain and a thermal vest liner) it is comfortable to ride in the 65-85 degree range (from my experience of course).
All in all - great product. Highly recommend.
hetman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2009, 04:41 PM   #775
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

To preface my explanation clearly the temperature range depends on one's tolerance to cold weather, the speed and duration of travel and the bike's windshield. I am probably in the middle in terms of my cold weather tolerance. I mostly use the Ignition on the KTM Supermoto, i.e. no wind protection whatsoever. My average commute speeds are somewhere between 40-65 mph on freeways and the commute time is anywhere between 20 mins to an hour.

Now, with all that said I have done upper 50s in the Ignition just over a short sleeve t-shirt and that felt cold in the arms more than the rest of the body (the thermal liner is actually just a vest). However not to the point of being absolutely unbearable.

I think if you are talking about city commuting more than touring (i.e. slower speed of travel, frequent stops at lights etc) and if you wear a good base layer under your jacket the Ignition should be ok for your temperature range.

If not then you can always buy more REV'IT gear. At least this is how I roll.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hetman
Is 65 the coldest you've ridden in, or is the Ignition venting too much for colder weather?

I'm shopping around for something that works with San Francisco weather.. range of 50-75 most of the time.. something I can also use on a scooter (conservatively styled). I was considering the Shade for a long time but the Ignition is nice.

Dum spiro spero

Old 05-15-2009, 12:22 PM   #776
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Hey Dennis,

I was wondering if REV'IT began producing APACHE in size 47. Unfortunately 46 happens to be a bit tight on my feet.

I find it strange that it is the only REV'IT boot that does not come in size 47. I own RIVAL and AIR BLEND. And both come in that size.

Any news on that?

Dum spiro spero

Old 05-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #777
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Last I heard REV'IT! wasn't planning to make size 47 APACHE. I I hear anything I will let you know. By the way you can drop a note about this to info@revitusa.com , maybe they know something I don't. I would love to sell you another set of boots

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideout
Hey Dennis,

I was wondering if REV'IT began producing APACHE in size 47. Unfortunately 46 happens to be a bit tight on my feet.

I find it strange that it is the only REV'IT boot that does not come in size 47. I own RIVAL and AIR BLEND. And both come in that size.

Any news on that?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-16-2009, 11:24 AM   #778
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

REV'IT TURBINE is the ultimate jacket when it comes to protective summer jacket. However, REV'IT AIR is the ultimate when it comes to venting. It's achieved with the help of lighter materials and more open mesh. Price tag of less than $200 doesn't hurt either.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-18-2009, 03:19 AM   #779
kktos
on a bright side of life

Oddometer: 2,345
Question

My wife and I were suffering of heat a lot during our previous trips.
Especially because of our trousers.
They are black with no vents.
Meaning that on the highway to Italy or Spain (we're leaving South of France), when we stopped, we were drowned under our own sweat.
Extremely unpleasant to say the least.

I put my hand on a RevIt Catalog. Very nice !!
And we saw probably 2 trousers that could be what we're looking for.
The Dakar and the Turbine.
We need a waterproof trousers able to handle temp up to 105F - on the highway summer hell.
And with a great protection, wife's adamant on that.

Which one do you think will be the best ?
TIA,
/thierry
kktos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2009, 01:31 PM   #780
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Thierry,

Ir certainly sounds like REV'IT TURBINE pants would work for you just perfect. Also take a look at less expensive but still great MISTRAL pants. They vent even better than TURBINE and also come with waterproof liner. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kktos
My wife and I were suffering of heat a lot during our previous trips.
Especially because of our trousers.
They are black with no vents.
Meaning that on the highway to Italy or Spain (we're leaving South of France), when we stopped, we were drowned under our own sweat.
Extremely unpleasant to say the least.

I put my hand on a RevIt Catalog. Very nice !!
And we saw probably 2 trousers that could be what we're looking for.
The Dakar and the Turbine.
We need a waterproof trousers able to handle temp up to 105F - on the highway summer hell.
And with a great protection, wife's adamant on that.

Which one do you think will be the best ?
TIA,
/thierry

CRF450X - Dirt Toy