Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-19-2009, 01:40 PM   #781
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer: 1,933
Question Typhoon fits close to the Ignition

Dennis -

i went to a local Rev'it dealer, in an attempt to try on the Typhoon Jacket. i'm 6'4, with monkey arms usually wearing 36-37" sleeves (in dress shirts), so the sleeve length is usually my issue. they didn't have the Typhoon (at all), and i was only able to try on the Ignition in a 56 & 58. the 58 was the only size that got the sleeves long enough. does the Typhoon fit similar to the Ignition? i understand the difference in materials, but i'm concerned about fit / sleeve length.

the Ignition (which i'm contemplating selling my current jacket to replace with...) fit really good, except for the waist, which was a bit loose, even with the cinches pulled all the way in. the sleeves fit perfect with the armor in the elbow hitting me in the right place.

i'm asking about the Typhoon for summer wear, mainly because i like the addition of the removable waterproof liner. it seems wierd that the outer jacket would let the water / rain in, while the liner would still seal correctly, but i guess it's by design, right? just how water-"proof" is the liner?

i also tried on some of the other jackets, namely the Air (in a 2x) and Turbine (in a 52). both were too small / sleeves too short. the Air seemed like a good trade-off, but i just don't fit into the 2x, and they didn't have a 3x to try on.

i just realized that i rambled alot... so i highlighted the questions. a price quote via pm on the typhoon / ignition would be awesome as well.

thanks in advance.
kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 03:06 PM   #782
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,461
Hey,

The TYPHOON actually fits very similar to AIR jacket. IGNITION has slightly longer arms because it's cut a little different from textile jackets.

The waterproof membrane is 100% waterproof, it's also breathable so you don't feel like you are wearing the plastic bag. The outer shell gets wet, you stay dry

How tall are you and what is your chest measurement? I have a feeling with your proportions you will have to compromise a little bit. Maybe go one size smaller so the waist fits better and live with slightly short sleeves. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia
Dennis -

i went to a local Rev'it dealer, in an attempt to try on the Typhoon Jacket. i'm 6'4, with monkey arms usually wearing 36-37" sleeves (in dress shirts), so the sleeve length is usually my issue. they didn't have the Typhoon (at all), and i was only able to try on the Ignition in a 56 & 58. the 58 was the only size that got the sleeves long enough. does the Typhoon fit similar to the Ignition? i understand the difference in materials, but i'm concerned about fit / sleeve length.

the Ignition (which i'm contemplating selling my current jacket to replace with...) fit really good, except for the waist, which was a bit loose, even with the cinches pulled all the way in. the sleeves fit perfect with the armor in the elbow hitting me in the right place.

i'm asking about the Typhoon for summer wear, mainly because i like the addition of the removable waterproof liner. it seems wierd that the outer jacket would let the water / rain in, while the liner would still seal correctly, but i guess it's by design, right? just how water-"proof" is the liner?

i also tried on some of the other jackets, namely the Air (in a 2x) and Turbine (in a 52). both were too small / sleeves too short. the Air seemed like a good trade-off, but i just don't fit into the 2x, and they didn't have a 3x to try on.

i just realized that i rambled alot... so i highlighted the questions. a price quote via pm on the typhoon / ignition would be awesome as well.

thanks in advance.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #783
kaia
team F5 ⌘R

Oddometer: 1,933
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
Hey,

The TYPHOON actually fits very similar to AIR jacket. IGNITION has slightly longer arms because it's cut a little different from textile jackets.

The waterproof membrane is 100% waterproof, it's also breathable so you don't feel like you are wearing the plastic bag. The outer shell gets wet, you stay dry

How tall are you and what is your chest measurement? I have a feeling with your proportions you will have to compromise a little bit. Maybe go one size smaller so the waist fits better and live with slightly short sleeves. Cheers,

Dennis
height: 6'4"
chest: 46"
waist: 40"
sleeve inseam: 23" (wrist to armpit)

does any of that make sense? personally... i'd rather go with longer sleeves & a loose(r) waist, as in a riding position the waist usually becomes not an issue. but, with shorter sleeves... once in a riding position, they ride up my arms an inch or more.

when trying things on in the shop, i found the 2x Air to fit almost exactly like the 56 Ignition (mostly looking at sleeve length at the time), when the 58 Ignition fit perfect.

for the Typhoon, would you say that it would feel like wearing the Turbine when you take the liner out?

thanks again for the advice.
kaia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 11:18 AM   #784
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

TYPHOON will feel exactly like AIR jacket. TURBINE is much looser fitting jacket compared to latter two. Based on your measurements M58 TYPHOON will work like a charm (it will fit almost as snug as IGNITION did) Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaia
height: 6'4"
chest: 46"
waist: 40"
sleeve inseam: 23" (wrist to armpit)

does any of that make sense? personally... i'd rather go with longer sleeves & a loose(r) waist, as in a riding position the waist usually becomes not an issue. but, with shorter sleeves... once in a riding position, they ride up my arms an inch or more.

when trying things on in the shop, i found the 2x Air to fit almost exactly like the 56 Ignition (mostly looking at sleeve length at the time), when the 58 Ignition fit perfect.

for the Typhoon, would you say that it would feel like wearing the Turbine when you take the liner out?

thanks again for the advice.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-20-2009, 04:36 PM   #785
Yukon65006

Oddometer: 478
DAKAR Pant ?

Dennis,

Do you know of any tricks to get the elastic belt out of the Dakar pant? It appears to be sewn in the back center somehow. I am in between sizes and have to adjust the elastic belt so far out that it becomes a nuisance with the ends flapping.

I have fished a web belt through successfully but the stock belt is an annoyance being under the web belt it makes the pants bunch up in places that causes pinch points. I was hoping to remove the belt intact or in a way that would not leave a section of elastic attached inside the belt channel.

Thanks
Ken
Old 05-21-2009, 04:33 AM   #786
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
Finally the summer come to Mallorca, Spain and I think I need to replace my mesh jacket with a safer alternative. I liked the look and specs of Rev-it Turbine jacket. How robust is its back protector. Do I still need an external protector from Dainese or BMW for example?
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2009, 07:28 PM   #787
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Ken,

To be honest with you I have no idea how to get it out of there...

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ET Chief
Dennis,

Do you know of any tricks to get the elastic belt out of the Dakar pant? It appears to be sewn in the back center somehow. I am in between sizes and have to adjust the elastic belt so far out that it becomes a nuisance with the ends flapping.

I have fished a web belt through successfully but the stock belt is an annoyance being under the web belt it makes the pants bunch up in places that causes pinch points. I was hoping to remove the belt intact or in a way that would not leave a section of elastic attached inside the belt channel.

Thanks
Ken

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-21-2009, 07:34 PM   #788
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

If you get it with upgraded SAS TEC back protector is's as good as it gets for internal back protector. It carries the same safety rating as most external back protectors, CE2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by viatormundi
Finally the summer come to Mallorca, Spain and I think I need to replace my mesh jacket with a safer alternative. I liked the look and specs of Rev-it Turbine jacket. How robust is its back protector. Do I still need an external protector from Dainese or BMW for example?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-22-2009, 12:30 AM   #789
viatormundi
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 644
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
If you get it with upgraded SAS TEC back protector is's as good as it gets for internal back protector. It carries the same safety rating as most external back protectors, CE2.

Thx for great info. Then I should order it with this upgrade. The next step is to find a place in Spain which sells Rev-it products.
By the way, do you ship overseas, like to Spain?
viatormundi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 09:31 AM   #790
flygirl
n00bius maximus

Oddometer: 519
Crash tested my Rev'it gear

Hi Dennis,

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to crash test my gear. It performed so well on a combo lo-side/hi-side/launch and landing that I'm in the market to replace it, since it unfortunately was cut off me... (details here). I had the ladies' Airforce (38) and the Kelvin gloves (L). I guess I'd go with the Turbine jacket. Do you still offer an ADV discount?

Thanks for any info!
Loki - '76 7KCAB (three-wheeler of sorts)
flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 11:25 AM   #791
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Holy smoke! Any time you get helo ride and make it out in one piece you are lucky. It sucks that it happened, get well soon. And I hope that you fight your ticket and the van driver admits his fault. It's interesting how accidents happen when you least expect them.

I will PM you the conditions for crash gear replacement program. By the way what are you going riding in mesh summer jacket and winter gloves

Get well soon,

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by flygirl
Hi Dennis,

A couple of weeks ago, I decided to crash test my gear. It performed so well on a combo lo-side/hi-side/launch and landing that I'm in the market to replace it, since it unfortunately was cut off me... (details here). I had the ladies' Airforce (38) and the Kelvin gloves (L). I guess I'd go with the Turbine jacket. Do you still offer an ADV discount?

Thanks for any info!

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 05-22-2009, 12:07 PM   #792
flygirl
n00bius maximus

Oddometer: 519
What's funnier is that I was wearing the mesh jacket over my heated liner! The perfect combo here in CO on a warm day when going up mountain passes at 12000ft! The summer gloves were in my topcase for the afternoon
Loki - '76 7KCAB (three-wheeler of sorts)
flygirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 04:00 PM   #793
DrFaulken
Luck Bucket

Oddometer: 206
FlyGirl, I had to go and read your smash-em-up post I am really sorry.

It has been 45F or so in the morning here, with temps in the low- to mid-80s by my ride home. I've taken to wearing my Cayenne Pro waterproof liner under my TURBINE, with my Fahrenheit gloves :)

Crazy weather, but the gear is up for it!
DrFaulken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 06:41 PM   #794
Beemerfergie
Adventurer

Oddometer: 22
Boots

Is a Rev'it boot size 44 a US size 10

2006 K1200GT Blue
2008 F800ST Blue (Hers)
2006 R1200RT Red (Traded)
1999 K1200LT (Sold)
1985 K100LT (Sold & )
Beemerfergie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2009, 07:18 PM   #795
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Size 10 is Euro 43. 44 is about 10.5. Have a good holiday.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemerfergie
Is a Rev'it boot size 44 a US size 10

CRF450X - Dirt Toy