CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 07:48 PM   #812
PsychoSayWhat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Question Cayenne Pro pants liner?

Motodisiac -

I have a Cayenne Pro jacket and pants that I bought last summer from a local dealer. I'm really happy with both and wear them almost exclusively when riding.

I wanted to test how waterproof the setup was today in a constant rain and I was completely dry under the jacket at the end of a 2-hour ride. However, my jeans under the pants were seriously soaked through in the crotch after about 45 minutes. Honestly, it sucked.

What should I expect from the Cayenne Pro in terms of rain duty?

Regards,

junker
PsychoSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2009, 10:42 PM   #813
Giomanach
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
My dos centavos:

I stopped by BeachMoto to pick up some summer gloves and to finally try on the Infinity.

First of all, Dennis was as friendly as he could possibly be, and never once acted as though the 30 minutes I spent there was wasting his time at all. He took his time explaining everything about the Infinity suit and helping me make sure I knew what size I'd need to make sure was in stock when I'm ready to buy.

Finally, he steered me toward the new Monster gloves, rather than something more expensive, as it was clear from my description that they were exactly what I was after.

Forgive me for gushing, but it's just really great to have a local shop who actually cares about my business. I'm looking forward to being a customer for life.
Giomanach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 07:14 PM   #814
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,473
CAYENNE PRO should remain 100% waterproof. The liner in the pants is exactly the same as in the jacket, waterproof and breathable. Normally all the leakage around the crotch area could be attributed to water getting through the top of the pants. I hope you are not zipping the jacket with pants....

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junker
Motodisiac -

I have a Cayenne Pro jacket and pants that I bought last summer from a local dealer. I'm really happy with both and wear them almost exclusively when riding.

I wanted to test how waterproof the setup was today in a constant rain and I was completely dry under the jacket at the end of a 2-hour ride. However, my jeans under the pants were seriously soaked through in the crotch after about 45 minutes. Honestly, it sucked.

What should I expect from the Cayenne Pro in terms of rain duty?

Regards,

junker

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 06-08-2009, 07:31 PM   #815
PsychoSayWhat
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 437
Thanks - I did (and normally do) have them zipped together. I'll try them next time without zipping them together.
PsychoSayWhat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2009, 08:44 PM   #816
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

If you take a close look at zippered combination you will notice that the water runs down the jacket INTO your pants It's a pretty common mistake....

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by junker
Thanks - I did (and normally do) have them zipped together. I'll try them next time without zipping them together.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 06-10-2009, 04:12 PM   #817
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

dos centavos

Hey, I'm always happy to chat about bikes even if you don't buy anything. See you soon

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giomanach
My dos centavos:

I stopped by BeachMoto to pick up some summer gloves and to finally try on the Infinity.

First of all, Dennis was as friendly as he could possibly be, and never once acted as though the 30 minutes I spent there was wasting his time at all. He took his time explaining everything about the Infinity suit and helping me make sure I knew what size I'd need to make sure was in stock when I'm ready to buy.

Finally, he steered me toward the new Monster gloves, rather than something more expensive, as it was clear from my description that they were exactly what I was after.

Forgive me for gushing, but it's just really great to have a local shop who actually cares about my business. I'm looking forward to being a customer for life.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 06-10-2009, 05:41 PM   #818
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Happy early Father's Day!

Dennis:

We received Rick's Father's Day present - his Rev'it Turbine. It fits him to a T and he really likes it! He wants to wear it tomorrow but I'm not sure if we're riding due to severe thunderstorms.

Anyways, thanks for the fitting advice, I'd have definitely gotten him the wrong size. Plus, he is picky about how his gear feels on his body - if it's too stiff he won't wear it and of course if it's too hot he doesn't want to wear it either. So thanks again for helping us select our gear. I also want to mention that DRFaulken's positive review of the Turbine definitely helped make our decision - thanks DR!

Now I'm jealous. I NEED a Turbine... We'll see if I can stand this summer in my Motoport jacket.

BTW, we're both really impressed with the jacket's quality.
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2009, 07:31 PM   #819
DrFaulken
Luck Bucket

Oddometer: 206
You're welcome. I keep logging miles and miles in my Turbine. I ordered the Turbine pants from Dennis, and they will probably serve as my four-season pants given my tolerance for cold temperatures.

Thank you for the kind comments about my write-up. I know it's just my own stupid opinion, but I use this stuff almost daily and thought I would share my experience.
DrFaulken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2009, 12:25 PM   #820
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Why suffer through the summer only to buy the TURBINE later? Just treat yourself with a nice gift for Army Day on June 13th..... or Liberation Of Slaves day on 21st or possibly Independence Day?

Good to hear that I got Rick's size right. At Dr Faulken's expense by the way, as he got wrong size at first Cheers,

Turbinesizemaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingJing
Dennis:

We received Rick's Father's Day present - his Rev'it Turbine. It fits him to a T and he really likes it! He wants to wear it tomorrow but I'm not sure if we're riding due to severe thunderstorms.

Anyways, thanks for the fitting advice, I'd have definitely gotten him the wrong size. Plus, he is picky about how his gear feels on his body - if it's too stiff he won't wear it and of course if it's too hot he doesn't want to wear it either. So thanks again for helping us select our gear. I also want to mention that DRFaulken's positive review of the Turbine definitely helped make our decision - thanks DR!

Now I'm jealous. I NEED a Turbine... We'll see if I can stand this summer in my Motoport jacket.

BTW, we're both really impressed with the jacket's quality.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 06-11-2009, 03:50 PM   #821
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

I just looked at my calendar...

and I don't see any of those holidays! Pretty funny! You sound like my brother - although in his case he wants me to get a REAL bike, you know, a BMW.

Anyway, I think you need to find a female model to show off the Turbine. I just don't think that Sideout in the ladies model is going to do it for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
Why suffer through the summer only to buy the TURBINE later? Just treat yourself with a nice gift for Army Day on June 13th..... or Liberation Of Slaves day on 21st or possibly Independence Day?

Good to hear that I got Rick's size right. At Dr Faulken's expense by the way, as he got wrong size at first Cheers,

Turbinesizemaster
Old 06-11-2009, 04:48 PM   #822
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
Not enough money and/or booze in the world to convince me to do that anyway.

Quote:
Anyway, I think you need to find a female model to show off the Turbine. I just don't think that Sideout in the ladies model is going to do it for me.

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2009, 03:36 PM   #823
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I got nice L34 jacket that you could try on

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sideout
Not enough money and/or booze in the world to convince me to do that anyway.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 06-12-2009, 03:59 PM   #824
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Liberation Day!

Dennis:

Rick and I just got back from a short ride. He of course was in his Turbine and I was in my Motoport (Stretch kevlar). We went on some very twisty, steep, gravel roads - I think he was literally trying to dump me. But I stayed up. Ha!

Anyway, to make a long story short, I think I need to celebrate Liberation Day. IF I were to get a Turbine , what size would I be? (Chest 35.5", waist 29"). Small Cayenne Pro fits chest great but sleeves are about an inch too long. Ladies 38???

Thanks.
Old 06-12-2009, 05:30 PM   #825
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

I told you, Liberation Day is something you can't pass
38 is way to go since this jacket is cut pretty loose. Do not forget about back protector. Have a great weekend.

D.

Quote:
Dennis:

Rick and I just got back from a short ride. He of course was in his Turbine and I was in my Motoport (Stretch kevlar). We went on some very twisty, steep, gravel roads - I think he was literally trying to dump me. But I stayed up. Ha!

Anyway, to make a long story short, I think I need to celebrate Liberation Day. IF I were to get a Turbine , what size would I be? (Chest 35.5", waist 29"). Small Cayenne Pro fits chest great but sleeves are about an inch too long. Ladies 38???

Thanks.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy