ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-23-2009, 03:47 PM   #901
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,484
If you want one jacket that does it all look at SIROCCO or possibly even CAYENNE PRO. OFF TRACK would be my last choice. See you next week.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dstock
Will-do, hopefully next week when I get a breather from work!

So in looking at the Turbine and it's cost, it's seems maybe I should consider the Off-Track as well as an overall replacement to pull double duty for summer and the rest of the year, or would it be significantly warmer in the summertime than the Turbine or Air?
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 04:45 PM   #902
RiDR
The Himalayan what?
 
RiDR's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: 45.55397,-78.59676
Oddometer: 592
Hello Moto, does the cayenne pant go over motocross boots?
RiDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2009, 05:46 PM   #903
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,484
CAYENNE PRO pants fit over most MX boots. I have yet to see one that didn't work, but you never know

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by edf
Hello Moto, does the cayenne pant go over motocross boots?
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:11 PM   #904
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,484
Just wanted to let you guys know that OFF TRACK jacket and DAKAR pants are on sale these days. Normally REV'IT! items are never discounted this time time they decided to clear some stuff out. For less that $650 you can get OFF TRACK / DAKAR combo with KNOX back protector. Heck, I wish I was in need of some gear The supply of jackets is pretty limited, so do not think too long.....
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 10:12 AM   #905
fast4d
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Oddometer: 2,044
I have a question about overpants.

is ZIP the only overpants made by rev'it?

I commute with my aerostich 9 months of the year but I need a mesh overpant for days of summer. I like the firstgear HT overpants I have now but I don't have any faith in its protection.
__________________
Alan
2011 KTM RC8R
2012 BMW S1000RR
2000 Kawasaki ZRX1100
2013 KTM SMT 990
fast4d is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2009, 11:47 AM   #906
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,484
That is correct, ZIP is the only true overpant that is made by REV'IT!. If you get the sizing right you can use pretty much pant as overpant though, TURBINE pant is probably the best for that use thanks to really generous size (they are much looser fit than MISTRAL pants.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast4d
I have a question about overpants.

is ZIP the only overpants made by rev'it?

I commute with my aerostich 9 months of the year but I need a mesh overpant for days of summer. I like the firstgear HT overpants I have now but I don't have any faith in its protection.
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 12:38 PM   #907
HitGirl
Ride on
 
HitGirl's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Salt Lake City, UT
Oddometer: 44
Thank you!

I got my GEAR Pants and they fit great! Gotta say your customer service was fantastic. Thanks for the hard work in helping get me the right size :)

Look forward to dealing with you again soon!

Charli
HitGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2009, 07:49 PM   #908
Raoul Duke
█║▌│ █│║▌ ║││█║▌ │
 
Raoul Duke's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Johnston, Iowa
Oddometer: 885
Hey Dennis, what are my odds of getting sponsored by Beach Moto?

Nevermind - I'll do it for free. Great product, great vendor.


Raoul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 02:33 PM   #909
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,484
I think I better send my loyal customers some Beach Moto stickers
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 08:36 PM   #910
Hopzilla
n00b
 
Hopzilla's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2009
Location: Snohomish, WA
Oddometer: 3
SIROCCO tonight...tomorrow pants???

Hey Dennis,

I just ordered a SIROCCO from you this evening. Looking forward to it's arrival. Eariler today I stopped by a local Rev'it dealer in Seattle and tried on various combinations of jackets and pants.

May very well be in the market for pants soon, headed to AZ and UT in Sep, need to stay cool......

I tried on 58 pair of Turbines, length was great, but waist was a little loose, had to pull the cinch way too far. Plus, as I have read in reviews, the buckle is way to thin for me, I saw visions of it breaking quickly in a moments inattention to getting dressed.

I'm 6'2" with a 42 in waist (as measured at the "hour glass", after both my wife and I stopped laughing and figured out we were not going to find that place on me, we went for just above my belly button), and a 33 inseam (from crotch to ankle bone), although my jeans are 34...maybe that is why they wear out fast on the rear of the cuff.

XXL??

do you have a pair of Dakars this size (or my size you might suggest) at your special clearance price??


Greg
Hopzilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 08:19 AM   #911
tokenboy
Gnirly Adventurer
 
tokenboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 366
Dennis, been wearing an original Cayenne and Ultimate pant combo for a few years, still going strong (Leg vent zippers on the pants the only short coming with the combo).

Interested in a basic black leather jacket and the Moto jacket in the catalog seems like a great bang for the buck. I don't see this jacket listed on your website. Is it available in North America?
__________________
867-5309
Ask for Jenny.
tokenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:11 PM   #912
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,484
Hey Greg,

Your jacket is shipping today, I will send you tracking number shortly. Thanks for your support .

I would say DAKAR in XXL will fit you just right. They have 33" inseam and it sounds just like the ticket. There is still a set left You can get even better deal if you use your 5% credit from SIROCCO purchase Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopzilla
Hey Dennis,

I just ordered a SIROCCO from you this evening. Looking forward to it's arrival. Eariler today I stopped by a local Rev'it dealer in Seattle and tried on various combinations of jackets and pants.

May very well be in the market for pants soon, headed to AZ and UT in Sep, need to stay cool......

I tried on 58 pair of Turbines, length was great, but waist was a little loose, had to pull the cinch way too far. Plus, as I have read in reviews, the buckle is way to thin for me, I saw visions of it breaking quickly in a moments inattention to getting dressed.

I'm 6'2" with a 42 in waist (as measured at the "hour glass", after both my wife and I stopped laughing and figured out we were not going to find that place on me, we went for just above my belly button), and a 33 inseam (from crotch to ankle bone), although my jeans are 34...maybe that is why they wear out fast on the rear of the cuff.

XXL??

do you have a pair of Dakars this size (or my size you might suggest) at your special clearance price??


Greg
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 01:13 PM   #913
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,484
MOTO jacket was designed for midgets and it only fits kids and petite ladies. This is why REV'IT! pulled it from this year's collection. I have heard rumors that it will be back in human sizes for next year.....(under different name)

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokenboy
Dennis, been wearing an original Cayenne and Ultimate pant combo for a few years, still going strong (Leg vent zippers on the pants the only short coming with the combo).

Interested in a basic black leather jacket and the Moto jacket in the catalog seems like a great bang for the buck. I don't see this jacket listed on your website. Is it available in North America?
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2009, 10:26 PM   #914
Raoul Duke
█║▌│ █│║▌ ║││█║▌ │
 
Raoul Duke's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Johnston, Iowa
Oddometer: 885
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
I think I better send my loyal customers some Beach Moto stickers
Get it to me before the end of the month and I'll make sure it's featured prominently in my next big RR.
Raoul Duke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2009, 06:23 AM   #915
tokenboy
Gnirly Adventurer
 
tokenboy's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Oddometer: 366
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
MOTO jacket was designed for midgets and it only fits kids and petite ladies. This is why REV'IT! pulled it from this year's collection. I have heard rumors that it will be back in human sizes for next year.....(under different name)

D.
Thanks Dennis, I'll watch for it in 2010.
__________________
867-5309
Ask for Jenny.
tokenboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:37 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014