Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2009, 06:12 PM   #1126
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,488
I have a couple of customers who run DAKAR pants over Sidi Crossfire. It works, but it's a pretty tight fit. DAKAR is discontinued anyways, I believe SAND pant will have slightly larger opening to accommodate bigger boots. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax maac
Hey Dennis,

Would you happen to know if Dakar pants will fit over a pair of Sidi Chargers?

Thanks.

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:37 AM   #1127
pax maac
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 403
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
I have a couple of customers who run DAKAR pants over Sidi Crossfire. It works, but it's a pretty tight fit. DAKAR is discontinued anyways, I believe SAND pant will have slightly larger opening to accommodate bigger boots. Cheers,

Dennis
What other pants will the Off Track zip to, if I canīt find a pair of Dakar's?
pax maac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 11:01 AM   #1128
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

OFF TRACK will zip into just about any REV'IT! pants that were made within the past 3 years. Some older pants will require zipper adapter. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by pax maac
What other pants will the Off Track zip to, if I canīt find a pair of Dakar's?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-13-2009, 05:31 PM   #1129
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

To those waiting for new SAND suit: the latest ETA that I have is February 2nd. Get your orders in NOW, I think it will be a hit and the first batch will sell out super quick

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-13-2009, 10:14 PM   #1130
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Oddometer: 2,135
stupid question maybe.... but I was trying to figure out how to attach a water bladder (camelback or else) in my CP jacket to use the grommet on the front of it. I've searched the threads before asking the question, so please don't flame me.... I haven't found the answer.

How do you attach a blader inside the jacket and use the grommet?

Thank you much in advance.
bikyto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2009, 12:52 AM   #1131
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

You can't attach it to the jacket. You are supposed to wear the camelback underneath the jacket and pass the hose through the opening. I have tried it in the past and it doesn't work so well because you feel the hump on your back and it's very uncomfortable. I would say this particular feature is completely useless.

By the way stupid question, but why did you choose to buy from mega company instead of fellow ADV Rider? Just curious. Regards,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto
stupid question maybe.... but I was trying to figure out how to attach a water bladder (camelback or else) in my CP jacket to use the grommet on the front of it. I've searched the threads before asking the question, so please don't flame me.... I haven't found the answer.

How do you attach a blader inside the jacket and use the grommet?

Thank you much in advance.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy

Motodisiac screwed with this post 12-14-2009 at 01:34 AM
Old 12-14-2009, 11:27 AM   #1132
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Quote:
You can't attach it to the jacket. You are supposed to wear the camelback underneath the jacket and pass the hose through the opening. I have tried it in the past and it doesn't work so well because you feel the hump on your back and it's very uncomfortable. I would say this particular feature is completely useless.

By the way stupid question, but why did you choose to buy from my competitor instead of me? Just curious. Regards,

Dennis
Thank you for the reply Dennis.
Well it's disappointing that this feature is useless.
Kind of like the adjustable collar that doesn't hold through the sliding plastic notches.

To answer your question, I called your store and asked about your price match policy. I was told that you would price match if I could show a printed proof. Well the price I was offered by the local shop was cost+10% and it was not advertised in any publication. Just had to walk into the store. So, as much as I wanted to give you my business for this purchase (because you have an excellent reputation) I bought the jacket/pants from a local shop (also, I wanted to try it on to make sure the fit was what I was looking for).

I look forward to purchase gear from you in the future. I will need a second set and some gloves as well, shortly.

I hope that explains why.

Thank you again for the answer.

On a different note, is Rev'It aware of the camelback issue? (and the collar)? Do you know if they are finding a solution to the problems?

Cheers!
Old 12-15-2009, 01:00 PM   #1133
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Previous generation CAYENNE jacket actually had little pocket with the hook for hydration bladder. I tried using it once, and it't the most uncomfortable thing I have ever done. I can bet REV'IT! engineers received similar feedback from end users so they decided that it's better to let the riders use their own harness that sits comfortably on your back.

Keep in mind that you also have back protector that may interfere with the Camelback (especially if you upgraded to SAS TEC) That is why I prefer to wear one over the jacket.

Hopefully it makes sense.

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikyto
Thank you for the reply Dennis.
Well it's disappointing that this feature is useless.
Kind of like the adjustable collar that doesn't hold through the sliding plastic notches.

To answer your question, I called your store and asked about your price match policy. I was told that you would price match if I could show a printed proof. Well the price I was offered by the local shop was cost+10% and it was not advertised in any publication. Just had to walk into the store. So, as much as I wanted to give you my business for this purchase (because you have an excellent reputation) I bought the jacket/pants from a local shop (also, I wanted to try it on to make sure the fit was what I was looking for).

I look forward to purchase gear from you in the future. I will need a second set and some gloves as well, shortly.

I hope that explains why.

Thank you again for the answer.

On a different note, is Rev'It aware of the camelback issue? (and the collar)? Do you know if they are finding a solution to the problems?

Cheers!

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-15-2009, 09:49 PM   #1134
bikyto
Dans le doute...gaz!

Quote:
Previous generation CAYENNE jacket actually had little pocket with the hook for hydration bladder. I tried using it once, and it't the most uncomfortable thing I have ever done. I can bet REV'IT! engineers received similar feedback from end users so they decided that it's better to let the riders use their own harness that sits comfortably on your back.

Keep in mind that you also have back protector that may interfere with the Camelback (especially if you upgraded to SAS TEC) That is why I prefer to wear one over the jacket.

Hopefully it makes sense.

Dennis
Does make sense. thank you. I did upgrade to the Sas Tec as well.
The standard tube lenght for the camel back will not go from the camelback to the bottom of the jacket and up my backet through the grommet with some room to spare so that I hydrate. So in other words, wear a camelback and run the tube on the outside and forget the grommet....that what it seems like. am I correct?

Thank you again
Old 12-15-2009, 10:46 PM   #1135
DZSO
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
Thumb Just want to say...

I purchased about $1,300.00 worth of gear back in April (sort of a present to myself after my deployment) and have been extreamly satisfied with Rev'It's fit and finish and of course, Dennis's product knowelge.

So... I was back earlier this month with the wife and spent about $700.00 this time with emphasis on the wife's riding jacket and pants. Our package (say - FREE SHIPPING!) arrived this evening and everything fits perfect!

I live in Utah and have only purchased riding gear from Dennis.

I highly recommend you do the same.

V/R

DZSO
DZSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2009, 06:32 PM   #1136
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Hey,

I guess this means I was right with jacket sizing :) As always, it's great to hear about perfect fitting gear. Happy Holidays

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by DZSO
I purchased about $1,300.00 worth of gear back in April (sort of a present to myself after my deployment) and have been extreamly satisfied with Rev'It's fit and finish and of course, Dennis's product knowelge.

So... I was back earlier this month with the wife and spent about $700.00 this time with emphasis on the wife's riding jacket and pants. Our package (say - FREE SHIPPING!) arrived this evening and everything fits perfect!

I live in Utah and have only purchased riding gear from Dennis.

I highly recommend you do the same.

V/R

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 12-17-2009, 04:01 PM   #1137
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
Dude, I don't know what you are talking about but 4 of my rider friends and I own the Cayenne Pro jackets and pants and have owned them for over a year now. We've taken them to multiple long-distance trips and probably logged way over 10K on and off the road wearing those. Neither one of us has experienced any problems with neither the pants nor the jacket. As matter of fact I took a spill 3 months ago. And the combo protected me really well and didn't even fall apart a single bit.

I'd say if this is in fact happening with your particular jacket then you should be contacting the retailer you bought it from and claiming a warranty issue. Judging by your previous posts in the revzilla thread here on ADV you had already brought this issue up with them. Have they not been able to help you as I did see a post by those guys that offered you some help ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWf800gs
Seems coming apart. Velcro attaches to other parts of the jacket causing it to fray... Beware
No I am not a competitor, I just want people like me that work hard for their money to be safe and not get ripped off or have to deal with the hassle.
I wrote Webbikeworld.com about my ownership and they refused to post negative reviews. So also beware of them also.
Just ask yourself a jacket that comes apart with no force on it, how well is it going to do in a crash?

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:10 PM   #1138
BMWf800gs
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
In response to Dude/volleyball player

Ya mahn they did contact me and they said they would call me with the info to take care of my "defective" jacket, but it never happened. I then called and went to the dealer I bought it from and they told me to bring it back. I did but then I was told they would not take care of me so now I am going through my credit card Co.
It has been a lot of hassle time and money to hopefully get my $$$ back.
BMWf800gs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2009, 04:19 PM   #1139
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 652
So that tells me that you have a problem with certain retailer(s). This thread however is seemingly of a retailer who you haven't dealt with - BeachMoto (correct me if I am wrong). I don't think it's a fair thing to do to this particular retailer - post something of this nature in his thread with absolutely no experience dealing with them. If you scroll through over 70 pages of this thread you would find only good reviews of hundreds of ADV riders who used their service.

One defective jacket doesn't imply that all jackets are of the same quality. Would you say Toyota makes cars of an inferior quality? Not really. However one of my friends had an engine replaced in his 4Runner 5 thousand miles into his ownership. He had it replaced under warranty and 4 years later he still owns the same car and had no problems ever since.

I hope your credit card company helps you get your money back and you would not have to deal with the dealer that sold you this jacket. Self-admittedly though the jacket you bought had no tags on it ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWf800gs
Ya mahn they did contact me and they said they would call me with the info to take care of my "defective" jacket, but it never happened. I then called and went to the dealer I bought it from and they told me to bring it back. I did but then I was told they would not take care of me so now I am going through my credit card Co.
It has been a lot of hassle time and money to hopefully get my $$$ back.

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2009, 05:50 AM   #1140
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Sand Jacket looks awesome!

Thanks for the PM, Dennis. I think the zippers on the sleeves will really help me get my gloves on - my husband will thank you for that! OK, let me know when the small sizes come in. Right now I'm partial to the Silver/Red but as a woman, I reserve the right to change my mind.

It's always a pleasure to do business with you.

Merry XMAS!
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote