Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-21-2010, 01:59 PM   #1351
atermon
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 100
u have the kind of experience that counts.
XYL for me then.
thank you.
atermon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2010, 05:24 PM   #1352
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 171
Monster gloves are a hit!

Dennis:

We received the Monster gloves today. Hubby tried them on and immediately says, "hmm.. the fingers fit! They seem pretty nice". Whoa - high praise indeed. He did note the carbon knuckle but decided that he probably could live with them.

Thanks for the great advice on gloves!
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2010, 11:22 AM   #1353
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,490
Ha ha. Please say this: "Dennis, you were right yet again" I cannot believe how lucky I get sizing people over the net Have a good weekend,

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingJing
Dennis:

We received the Monster gloves today. Hubby tried them on and immediately says, "hmm.. the fingers fit! They seem pretty nice". Whoa - high praise indeed. He did note the carbon knuckle but decided that he probably could live with them.

Thanks for the great advice on gloves!

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 10:34 PM   #1354
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Amigos,

Please do not panic if I do not reply to your e-mails and PM's right away. I'm out of the office most of this week, things should go back to normal in June.

D.

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 06-01-2010, 12:27 PM   #1355
Soberman001
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Review of the Cayenne Pro Suit

Ladies and Gents
Here is my review of my brand new Cayenne Pro suit size Large (short pants). The suit is Orange if that matters:

The test trip:
3000miles of twisties starting in Northern California USA on the Pacific Side, heading into the Sierra Nevada Mountains above 9000feet, then down to Death Valley, over to Nevada then back up the elevations into Utah's Moab and then Bryce areas. Trip was May 2010 (just got back).

My prior Suit: Joe Rocket Ballistic 4.0
Me: 5'6" tall and built like a wrestler (stocky). Wear a 44 dress suit and Dainese race suit (EU 54)
What I wear under the suit: Underarmor warm or cold gear (period)
Boots: Sidi Canyons

Comfort:
- Awesome with very little break in required even with all the liners in or out (there are two for each the pant and jacket). Was modestly soft out of the box. The first day of the ride didn't feel like I have cardboard taped to my body.
- Fit was tailored where it was supposed to and loose in the appropriate places.
- Jacket was the right length in the sleeves, and all jackets are a bit long on me but this fit normal without being a skirt.
- Upgraded back protector fit perfect and didn't shift or poke me. It didn't cause the shoulders to peak or for the back of the jacket to rub the back of my helmet (this happens to guys with shorter torso's if the back protector is too long. This one was perfect for protection and fit.
- Collar was very well designed for the jacket and wind liner. I like the adjustable neck closure and the tie-back hook for the neck flap. I would have made it a snap, not a hook, but it worked fine unless it came loose when you took the jacket off. I always wore the neck flap tied back. Overall, collar was soft and didn't irritate me whatsoever
- Pants; I can't say enough! The gusseted stretch panels in the crotch were 100% better than the V shaped Joe Rocket design. The flex panels in the knee were great and there was no/limited bunching under the knee. Very well designed for all day use including walking around. Waist was very comfortable and adjustable. The stretch panel in back made the attachment to the jacket unnoticeable.
- Liners were all comfortable with no tags, zippers, velcro or other things sticking or rubbing. They used the right stitching or fasteners in all the right places. The multiple front zippers are easy and comfortable

4-season Performance:
RAIN: Our ride took put us into the rain right away. We did 50deg rain/mist for 3hours ranging between 50mph to 15mph. I had top/bottom wind/water liners in at the time with a UnderArmor (UA) cold shirt with snug UA thermal. I was NOT cold or wet. When I took the jacket off, there was nothing wet underneath. Four stars for rain and warmth. 1000% better than having to put on a top rain rubber suit. I hate those things.

COLD: A few mornings it was between 35-45 degrees for hundreds of miles. I always wore the same UA stuff which is minimal. At this point, I had all layers of the jacket (top, wind, thermal). No heated gear except heated grips because my gloves are only 3 season gloves.. I had the pant wind liner in, but not the thermal. Results, awesome! There were no leaks of cold air anywhere and it wasn't a stiff (Michelin Man) feeling. I could have ridden all day at 45degrees with just that outfit. If the temp was closer to 35deg for longer than the initial hour, I would have put the pant liner in if I was going to be out more than 2hours. With the right gloves and boots, I can see a rider being able to use this suit around the freezing point or below for short periods. This would make a very nice ski outfit actually.

The way I would ride with the suit with my UA setup:
25-45deg: All liners top and bottom
40-55deg: Bottom wind liner, top all liners
50-70deg: no bottom liner, top wind liner (only)
70deg+ no liners and 75+ start opening vents

Venting
Snaps and zippers everywhere expected. I really like the snap back chest flap for venting and the rear zips allow for a lot of air in the suit. We had a medium size windscreen so in slower, hotter areas, it was nice to open up the suit. The forearm vents are nice and don't leak in the rain. I wasn't getting a gust of wind through there but that may have been because of the bike's faring more than the jacket. The forearm vents don't open much but they do work and with the very nice chest venting, I wasn't roasting but it will get hot in this or any suit if you don't keep moving. Any suit like this would be hot in Black, so I would stay away from that color unless you typically live in a place with only 3 of the 4 seasons.

Leg venting on the thigh didn't do much. I don't unzip the full leg zipper so this was my only vent on the leg. I didn't feel much air.

Other functionality:
Armor in upper body with the better back protector was good. Not racetrack good, but good for touring. The hip armor was typical for this type of suit but the knee armor seems light and placed oddly to the inside of the knee by an inch or two. I believe this stuff is good thing armor and I didn't take it out of the pocket to see it. I hope it isn't like the original back protector which appears to be just foam.

All the zippers worked great and are easy to find. Lots of them! and once you find the zipper to connect to the pants, it gets easy/fast to do it on your own. I didn't test the full circumference waist zipper. A nice feature is that the thermal jacket liner has a pass through so that the 1/4 zipper from jacket to pants goes through the liner and keeps it down and in place. Very thoughtful.

Pockets are great on the coat but I can't tell if I wanted a thigh pocket on the pants or not. There isn't one there which makes the pants look nicer, but I used to put my wallet there. Now I put it in the chest pocket of the jacket which is fine. The pockets in the pants are small and tight. An iPhone without case or a set of keys, and that is it. You aren't going to stick a bunch of stuff down there without discomfort or ripping the pocket. Use the jacket.

Snaps all worked and I really like the zipper AND snap feature of the wind liner. Nice touch to keep the breeze and water out.

The finishing touches on the pants were great. The multiple materials used to keep the tank from rubbing a hole in the inside knee is smart, and the other composite materials are all in the right places to keep the pants looking and performing well. These are some of the best thought-out touring pants I can think of.

Fit and Finish: Well done. No loose ends that I could find and everything lined up the first time around

What I didn't like (short list)
- The wrist opening seems really large and I have big hands/wrists. The velcro closure is nice but I found I was gathering a lot of material when trying to put the sleeve under my Held riding gloves with gauntlet. This is regardless of having all three liners in. When I wore my A* SMX gloves (shorty) the coat was a bit more comfortable in the sleeve. This is NOT a huge point, in fact I am being picky here.
- Something they should sort out is the snaps for the jacket liners. There are two for each arm and it is really easy to get them twisted. They should either make one snap smaller, or color code/mark them. If you end up putting in / out the liner a few times a day, it can be a inconvenient on the side of the road or you can get riding and wonder why one arm is tighter than the other (twisted). I am going to put a dab of nail polish on one snap which is a $0.20 fix to a simple issue.

All and all... I give the suit 4.75 out of 5 stars. It is miles better than my $450 Joe Rocket suit and I would say appropriately priced for its quality. It is on the higher end of the off-the-rack suit market and I have no comparison to the A-stitch. But I am very very pleased in from the first mile, through mile 3000 11days later. We hit rain, mist, 50MPH wind gusts, ice cold and (only) 90degree heat of Death Valley. The suit was great in all that weather and if the wife rides more with me, she will be getting one also if it fits. To add to the compliments, it was comfortable right out of the box for riding and walking.

Nice work Rev'it and to Dennis who sold me the suit and delivered it quick right before the trip. AND... the orange color is really nice in the pictures, and I wasn't even riding my KTM!!

Cheers and I hope this helps all interested folks.
Soberman001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2010, 01:03 PM   #1356
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 654
This is exactly how I figure mine. Except I've never ridden in it in anything below 40. I have ridden in it in 110 though :).

Excellent write-up by the way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soberman001

The way I would ride with the suit with my UA setup:
25-45deg: All liners top and bottom
40-55deg: Bottom wind liner, top all liners
50-70deg: no bottom liner, top wind liner (only)
70deg+ no liners and 75+ start opening vents

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 04:20 PM   #1357
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Soberman001, thank you for taking your time to post the review. It pretty much describes what I think about CAYENNE PRO suit. Hopefully it will help other riders in need of gear to make proper decisions. Cheers,

Dennis

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 06-04-2010, 06:17 AM   #1358
Soberman001
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
Soberman001, thank you for taking your time to post the review. It pretty much describes what I think about CAYENNE PRO suit. Hopefully it will help other riders in need of gear to make proper decisions. Cheers,

Dennis
when are they going to come out with female suits?
Old 06-05-2010, 11:19 AM   #1359
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Well, they do have SIREN jacket and FACTOR pants that form pretty good suit for ladies. As far as something matching like CAYENNE PRO, you never know, there could always be something in the works. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
when are they going to come out with female suits?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 06-06-2010, 07:16 AM   #1360
Soberman001
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
Well, they do have SIREN jacket and FACTOR pants that form pretty good suit for ladies. As far as something matching like CAYENNE PRO, you never know, there could always be something in the works. Cheers,

Dennis
Is the Siren the same quality of the Cayenne Pro? Is it a 4season jacket and pants?
Old 06-06-2010, 10:45 PM   #1361
AceRider01
Fully Loaded

Oddometer: 609
I have a set of CP and a set of Turbine for myself and wife. Previously i also had Sirocco plus Off-track pants. We also have and had a couple BMW gear.

We have this setup over the last 1.5year and have put about 25,000km over them < city/highway and mild off-roads>- the Turbine were washed about 6 times already.

We are generally happy with Revit and agree with what Soberman001 says.

But i would add the following for points about the con arguments for REV IT gear:

1) Mesh component of Turbine Jackets have slight fraying over time - BMW's mesh does not - at the current rate, we expect it NOT to be a major issue within the next 40,000km - but it's annoying.

2) the elastic cuff part of waterproof liner comes undone easily - same happened in Sirrocco - suggest using a more generous cover like they did in BMW's Rally Pro - The commendable point of the waterproof liner is that they are proper gore-tex stuff and very breathable.

3) I would suggest to Rev It to use less complicated panel system near potential contact points of jackets and pants (less threads means less potential tear points. But at least it does not have threads right on contact point- check how BMW Rally Pro dose the sewing on the arms - you will be very worried.

4) The knee /Arm armour on all pants is not up to scratch when compare to the BMW's generously-covered-yet-practical NP Protector. REV IT need to get better with it. The hip armour on all pants should be replaced with proper protectors - just buy some from BMW- they are not that expensive and is a straight fit to CP and only requires minor mod on Turbine pants. Shoulder protectors are good in the CP jacket
AceRider01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 03:03 PM   #1362
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

SIREN jacket is made from slightly different textiles than CAYENNE PRO, but I wouldn't be afraid to call it "ladies version" of CAYENNE PRO. It's great, every person that ever bought one loves it. FACTOR pants are not quite as versatile as CAYENNE PRO due to lack of ventilation. I would probably suggest TURBINE or MISTRAL pants for climates where it's usually hot than cold. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Is the Siren the same quality of the Cayenne Pro? Is it a 4season jacket and pants?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 06-09-2010, 11:03 AM   #1363
GypsyWriter
Sarah

Oddometer: 1,408
Perhaps you can help me. I'm a female looking for a set of riding pants for touring. I'm a size 16, 32-33" inseam. The Rev'it brand was mentioned to me as an option and on a chance foray into Vendors brought me to this thread. Men's pants hate me - I have too much hip and backside despite my "waist" not being too bad. Does RI make anything for my size and do you stock it? I live just south of Fresno and might be able to come down but is it worth it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FotoTEX View Post
Life is dangerous. Not doing what you love makes life even more dangerous...
GypsyWriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 12:11 PM   #1364
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

Hi,

Please PM me your hip / waist / weight and height measurements and I will see what I can do. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp
Perhaps you can help me. I'm a female looking for a set of riding pants for touring. I'm a size 16, 32-33" inseam. The Rev'it brand was mentioned to me as an option and on a chance foray into Vendors brought me to this thread. Men's pants hate me - I have too much hip and backside despite my "waist" not being too bad. Does RI make anything for my size and do you stock it? I live just south of Fresno and might be able to come down but is it worth it?

CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Old 06-15-2010, 06:25 PM   #1365
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist

So any luck finding a set of good fitting pants?

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahp

CRF450X - Dirt Toy