ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 10-19-2010, 05:06 PM   #1471
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,474
Nope, IGNITION jacket (and GEAR pants) will remain unchanged for 2011. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingJing
That movie is so funny, I've watched it multiple times. BTW, hubby says I'm not allowed within 1500 miles of your store

OK, serious question, is Rev'it going to make any changes to the Ignition jacket this spring? Thanks.
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2010, 10:24 PM   #1472
idevourcows
n00b
 
Joined: Sep 2010
Oddometer: 1
Dennis: good to meet you today. I'm looking forward to trying out the jacket and pants tomorrow when I go back to work.

P.S. I posted a review on Yelp for you.
idevourcows is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2010, 03:39 PM   #1473
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,474
Hey,

It was nice to meet you as well. I hope you are already enjoying commuting comfortably

On the way to work yesterday I have been thinking about your bike as a choice for commuter. What a wise decision. Unfortunately (for Honda) , like you said, it's not going to sell well because most people want the latest and the greatest, practicality is never first concern when shopping for a new bike.

D.


P.S. Thank you for Yelp review.


Quote:
Originally Posted by idevourcows
Dennis: good to meet you today. I'm looking forward to trying out the jacket and pants tomorrow when I go back to work.

P.S. I posted a review on Yelp for you.
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #1474
MonsterJ
I have motopsychosis
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Bay Area, CA
Oddometer: 262
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
Good news - SAND pants are back in stock. They work in all sorts of conditions
Thanks for the hospitality the other day! I was the guy that came in the Coast Guard uniform....

So now you have the Sand pants in a size M? :) Order heading your way!

Thanks!
__________________
-Nooner

Temple, TX -> Cape May, NJ -> Mobile, AL -> ECity, NC -> Kodiak, AK -> Mobile, AL -> Sacto, CA -> Cape Cod, MA -> New London, CT -> San Francisco, CA -> Juneau, AK (summer of '13) -> where to next?
MonsterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2010, 12:36 AM   #1475
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,474
Hey there,

It was nice to meet you as well. Remember, you need size S pants, not medium. Like promised, I have them in stock. Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonsterJ
Thanks for the hospitality the other day! I was the guy that came in the Coast Guard uniform....

So now you have the Sand pants in a size M? :) Order heading your way!

Thanks!
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:00 PM   #1476
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JingJing's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: near Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 171
finally pulled the trigger on the Ignition and

then I found out that they were out of my size. Or so I thought, but Dennis found me one Awesome.

Thanks!
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 02:28 PM   #1477
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,474
It's a pleasure to help you and to have you as a customer

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JingJing
then I found out that they were out of my size. Or so I thought, but Dennis found me one Awesome.

Thanks!
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2010, 11:51 AM   #1478
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,474
Folks,

Please keep in mind that SAND jackets will be increasing in price from $429.99 to $449.99 as early as tomorrow or Saturday. So if you are on the fence about buying one, do not wait
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2010, 07:53 PM   #1479
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JingJing's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: near Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 171
the Ignition's a keeper!

Dennis:

I should not have agonized so long on whether to get this jacket. It really fits well, even with a couple of thin layers on under the thermal vest. I've read where lots of gals think the arms are too long. I know that my arms are long for being such a short person so the sleeve lengths are perfect for me. I will be testing it out tomorrow on my little KLX250SF.

I think the Ignition can definitely take me into the forties as I was hot with it on in the house (without the thermal vest in). Is leather warmer than textiles? It sure feels that way. Anyway, I'm sure that I'll still need my Cayenne Pro jacket though later this winter when it dips into the low thirties.

BTW, I've already taken my first ride with the Legacy pants and I really like them after I figured out how to raise the knee armor one notch. I need to sell my Cayenne Pro pants now.

PS: Hubby said it looked good on me so kudos to Rev'it!
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2010, 08:27 PM   #1480
swimmer
armchair asshole
 
swimmer's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2007
Location: tucson
Oddometer: 4,362
Quote:
Originally Posted by JingJing
Dennis:

I should not have agonized so long on whether to get this jacket. It really fits well, even with a couple of thin layers on under the thermal vest. I've read where lots of gals think the arms are too long. I know that my arms are long for being such a short person so the sleeve lengths are perfect for me. I will be testing it out tomorrow on my little KLX250SF.

I think the Ignition can definitely take me into the forties as I was hot with it on in the house (without the thermal vest in). Is leather warmer than textiles? It sure feels that way. Anyway, I'm sure that I'll still need my Cayenne Pro jacket though later this winter when it dips into the low thirties.

BTW, I've already taken my first ride with the Legacy pants and I really like them after I figured out how to raise the knee armor one notch. I need to sell my Cayenne Pro pants now.

PS: Hubby said it looked good on me so kudos to Rev'it!
JingJing, I bought an Ignition from Dennis two years ago. I would advise you to be careful with the snaps when removing the liners as they are pretty fragile. I mentioned this in some post and someone suggested putting something on the snaps so that they don't hold so well and come apart easier. If the liners were full zip in without stops that would be great.
Anyway, the Ignition is a winner full stop. After two years of pretty much daily use it's holding up pretty well. Some of the mesh in the front is a bit frayed from rubbing against itself but other than that and the snaps I've got nothing to complain about. It's a year round jacket here in Tucson. With a long sleeve shirt on beneath it's good for the 40's. A heated vest for in the 30's. As comfortable as you can expect to be in the 100's. Not much else on the market can do that in a sportier type fit.
I may pick one up for my gf as I think the smallest size may actually fit her.

Dennis, what female pants zip to the Ignition?
swimmer is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2010, 07:46 AM   #1481
JingJing
Gnarly Adventurer
 
JingJing's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: near Knoxville, TN
Oddometer: 171
careful with the snaps...

Swimmer:

Thanks for the advice on the snaps. When I was trying to put in the SASTEC armor from my Turbine into the Ignition I noticed how hard it was to get the snaps open. I agree, Rev'it ought to switch to a zipper. I would also like them to put in sleeve zips at the cuffs so it's easier to get your gloves on. I can get my Zenith's or Airvolution gloves on OK but a zipper at the cuff sure would make it easier!

I bought this jacket because I wanted the snugger fit but I also wanted some rain protection as the weather can be unpredictable here in east TN. I mostly commute to work and play around on the local twisties on the weekend so the Ignition is an ideal jacket. Sportier jackets tend to have no collar and are shortwaisted which is bad for me as I have a long torso. BTW, it was your post along with Drop and Sideout's that helped me decide to get this jacket.

I hope you can fit your girlfriend in an Ignition but women can be really hard to fit. The variation in chest size, cup size, and torso lengths can make it really difficult to find a jacket that fits well. Good luck!
JingJing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2010, 02:55 PM   #1482
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,474
Well, GEAR pants would be the most obvious choice, but pretty much any REV'IT! pants will zip to IGNITION.

Good warning on those plastic snaps. They are pretty much the only kink in IGNITION's armor. I was hoping they would update the jacket and swap them with the zippers, but it turns out it's nearly impossible to change the production specs without completely re-designing the jacket. Maybe we will see one on 2012?

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimmer
JingJing, I bought an Ignition from Dennis two years ago. I would advise you to be careful with the snaps when removing the liners as they are pretty fragile. I mentioned this in some post and someone suggested putting something on the snaps so that they don't hold so well and come apart easier. If the liners were full zip in without stops that would be great.
Anyway, the Ignition is a winner full stop. After two years of pretty much daily use it's holding up pretty well. Some of the mesh in the front is a bit frayed from rubbing against itself but other than that and the snaps I've got nothing to complain about. It's a year round jacket here in Tucson. With a long sleeve shirt on beneath it's good for the 40's. A heated vest for in the 30's. As comfortable as you can expect to be in the 100's. Not much else on the market can do that in a sportier type fit.
I may pick one up for my gf as I think the smallest size may actually fit her.

Dennis, what female pants zip to the Ignition?
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 06:06 AM   #1483
TargetofGravity
n00b
 
Joined: Nov 2010
Oddometer: 3
Tall and Thin

I've read other forums that have also indicated that Rev'it typically has longer sleeve lengths vs their competitors. I was curious if anyone could throw out an actual number for some of their products specifically the Ignition Jacket? I'm 6'1" 170 lbs, have a waist line of 33 and wear dress shirts with sleeve lengths of 36/37. According to their charts I'm a 50 but if there are any suggestions as to fit and or possible other options it would be appreciated. I live in the sticks so I don't have a dealer close for trial purposes.

TargetofGravity screwed with this post 11-04-2010 at 10:51 AM
TargetofGravity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 12:01 PM   #1484
Motodisiac OP
Moto Terrorist
 
Motodisiac's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: City Of Angels
Oddometer: 3,474
I think M50 IGNITION will fit you the best. IGNITION has the longest sleeve length out of all REV'IT! jackets so it helps. What is your chest measurement? Cheers,

Dennis

Quote:
Originally Posted by TargetofGravity
I've read other forums that have also indicated that Rev'it typically has longer sleeve lengths vs their competitors. I was curious if anyone could throw out an actual number for some of their products specifically the Ignition Jacket? I'm 6'1" 170 lbs, have a waist line of 33 and wear dress shirts with sleeve lengths of 36/37. According to their charts I'm a 50 but if there are any suggestions as to fit and or possible other options it would be appreciated. I live in the sticks so I don't have a dealer close for trial purposes.
__________________
Beach Moto - my baby and your connection for quality motorcycle gear
Rev'it Gear for ADV Riders - the thread that started it all

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2010, 05:18 PM   #1485
beck49
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jan 2008
Location: Western New York
Oddometer: 95
Here's FWIW. I'm exactly Target's height and weight. Sleeve length 35-36 inch dress shirt. Had an Ignition and loved it. It was damaged in a get off, but that's another story. It was a 54 and the sleeves fit me perfectly. If I had a fit objection it was that the chest was a little too big. I have relatively wide shoulders and narrower waist and thought the European fit would be slimmer. This was with the waist adjusters tightened to the max.

Just to confirm the fit of the 54, I recently ordered a Turbine in size 54 and it fits just like the Ignition. Sleeves are perfect. Good luck.
beck49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:24 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014