ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > New Zealand
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-23-2013, 11:06 PM   #166
Underground
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Underground's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: French Pass New Zealand
Oddometer: 250
yes, that was a most excellent afternoon, I've got a couple of photos....
__________________
'88 RD03 XRV650
'88 NX650 Dominator
NX650 Dominator build http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730473
Dommie by sea http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843646
Underground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2013, 12:30 AM   #167
Underground
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Underground's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: French Pass New Zealand
Oddometer: 250
Man vs machine on the Maungatapu
[IMG][/IMG]
Lake Chalice out of sight below to the right and the road ends just below the left peak in the distance

Overlooking Wairau valley
__________________
'88 RD03 XRV650
'88 NX650 Dominator
NX650 Dominator build http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730473
Dommie by sea http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843646
Underground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2013, 10:37 PM   #168
ztaj
jatz
 
ztaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Nelson-ish New Zealand
Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by warewolf View Post
Shit! Sorry Jatz, next time I will check back here before I go.

Nice to see you out and about, however briefly. I think you inspired Leeanne, as we stopped at Toad Hall for an icecream
Yeah, it was a nice afternoon for a ride and an ice cream : I thought that was your bikes parked at T.O.A.D. hall.

FWIW, I went here....




And here....




It was "Hard Core" with river crossings and everything


This was nice....


And this was interesting...
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2013, 09:15 PM   #169
NordieBoy OP
Armature speller
 
NordieBoy's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2006
Location: Kiwiland
Oddometer: 7,115
Not enough gorse for "true" hard core.

Wonder how the bimmer would handle Steep Rd or Cow Gully?



I've only been riding in the rain recently :(
__________________
DR650 Wiki
NordieBoy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2014, 11:52 PM   #170
ztaj
jatz
 
ztaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Nelson-ish New Zealand
Oddometer: 861
Weather's looking mint again for tomorrow.... I think I'll go for a cruise over the Maungatap after work and head for Havelock for tea. Leaving mine about 5 ish if any ones keen. I'll check back in here before I leave
.....You can come too Nordie, but you'll have to pedal really really fast
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:26 AM   #171
Mark_S
Fair Weather Faggot
 
Mark_S's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2007
Location: Kapiti NZ
Oddometer: 1,656
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj View Post
Weather's looking mint again for tomorrow.... I think I'll go for a cruise over the Maungatap after work and head for Havelock for tea. Leaving mine about 5 ish if any ones keen. I'll check back in here before I leave
.....You can come too Nordie, but you'll have to pedal really really fast
what time will you be in Havelock?
I'll be passing through sometime between 6-7?
__________________
These are the best days
Mark_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:42 AM   #172
Underground
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Underground's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: French Pass New Zealand
Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj View Post
Weather's looking mint again for tomorrow.... I think I'll go for a cruise over the Maungatap after work and head for Havelock for tea. Leaving mine about 5 ish if any ones keen. I'll check back in here before I leave
.....You can come too Nordie, but you'll have to pedal really really fast
Dont ride down that bank by the caretakers, you could end up endo'ing.
4x4's have been using it so they have cut it out real steep to stop them.
We just went round the bottom end of the wire, easy enough
__________________
'88 RD03 XRV650
'88 NX650 Dominator
NX650 Dominator build http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=730473
Dommie by sea http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=843646
Underground is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 12:59 AM   #173
Te Hopo
AKA Deanohit
 
Te Hopo's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Picton, New Zealand
Oddometer: 819
I'll PM you my number Ztaj, give me a call/text if your gonna be there early evening, I work in Havelock and would be keen to meet for a drink/feed before I head home to Picton.
__________________
My XT225 Thread

My DRZ400E Thread

Te Hopo screwed with this post 01-29-2014 at 01:21 AM
Te Hopo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 01:49 AM   #174
innathyzit
AKA Woodman
 
innathyzit's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Nelson NZ
Oddometer: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj View Post
Weather's looking mint again for tomorrow.... I think I'll go for a cruise over the Maungatap after work and head for Havelock for tea. Leaving mine about 5 ish if any ones keen. I'll check back in here before I leave
.....You can come too Nordie, but you'll have to pedal really really fast
Meet me at work if the beemer is there and I will join you.
Maungatap will be a challenge though, but thats why I bought the gs I spose.

If boring silver Holden is there then just ride on by.

does that work for you?

innathyzit screwed with this post 01-29-2014 at 09:32 AM
innathyzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 11:08 AM   #175
Padmei
enamoured
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Nelson New Zealand
Oddometer: 3,438
I'll prob be keen. Can you give me a txt when you leave home or an eta at branford park?
Woodman You'll have no probs woodman going over on the bm.
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:16 PM   #176
ztaj
jatz
 
ztaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Nelson-ish New Zealand
Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark_S View Post
what time will you be in Havelock?
I'll be passing through sometime between 6-7?
Probably be there between 6&7 @ the slipinn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Underground View Post
Dont ride down that bank by the caretakers, you could end up endo'ing.
4x4's have been using it so they have cut it out real steep to stop them.
We just went round the bottom end of the wire, easy enough
Might just be safer to do a roadie the way the days going so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Te Hopo View Post
I'll PM you my number Ztaj, give me a call/text if your gonna be there early evening, I work in Havelock and would be keen to meet for a drink/feed before I head home to Picton.
Text on it's way.....
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:20 PM   #177
ztaj
jatz
 
ztaj's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: Nelson-ish New Zealand
Oddometer: 861
Quote:
Originally Posted by innathyzit View Post
Meet me at work if the beemer is there and I will join you.
Maungatap will be a challenge though, but thats why I bought the gs I spose.

If boring silver Holden is there then just ride on by.

does that work for you?
I've gotta fill up so I'm coming that way anyway. Might be a were bit after 5 though

Quote:
Originally Posted by Padmei View Post
I'll prob be keen. Can you give me a txt when you leave home or an eta at branford park?
Woodman You'll have no probs woodman going over on the bm.
I would text but I don't have your number.....probably leave here about 5:and a bit
Might just do a roadie, leave the maungatap for another day
ztaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:24 PM   #178
Padmei
enamoured
 
Joined: Mar 2008
Location: Nelson New Zealand
Oddometer: 3,438
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj View Post

I would text but I don't have your number.....probably leave here about 5:and a bit
Might just do a roadie, leave the maungatap for another day
You're more of a pussy than I am & that's saying something.

0276784816
Padmei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:47 PM   #179
Te Hopo
AKA Deanohit
 
Te Hopo's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2007
Location: Picton, New Zealand
Oddometer: 819
Awesome, potentially another rider might be along with me.
If you do the mangatapu I'm keen to ride up and meet you guys on the way :

Sent from my XT320 using Tapatalk 2
__________________
My XT225 Thread

My DRZ400E Thread
Te Hopo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:23 PM   #180
innathyzit
AKA Woodman
 
innathyzit's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Nelson NZ
Oddometer: 862
Quote:
Originally Posted by ztaj View Post
I've gotta fill up so I'm coming that way anyway. Might be a were bit after 5 though


I would text but I don't have your number.....probably leave here about 5:and a bit
Might just do a roadie, leave the maungatap for another day

I have his number, so will text him when we leave here. Happy to road it and leave Maungatap for another day when there is spare time for contingincies. If on KLR, then no worries.

Edit, just saw Padmei has posted his number
innathyzit is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 09:25 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014