ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-20-2014, 03:00 PM   #1
RichBeBe OP
All Hail Seitan!!!

Oddometer: 5,973
Help Us Keep Legal Enduros in NJ

Do you ride a motorcycle? Then help fight for your fellow riders cause. We need your help! Please no matter where you are in the world you can help us. Remember you may be next and we would help you in your fight.

Many of you are aware NJ organized enduro events are under attack from DEP policy. The short of it: NJ enduro organizations are no longer being approved "MULTI USER GROUP TRAIL" for events, rather are being forced to ride only firecuts and roads. This policy was created without any feedback from the community and reverses 75+ years of historical access to trail. Ultimately, this policy creates a dangerous environment for riders not previously seen when trail was approved.

Why should you care? This is a prime example of big government stepping on motorcyclists rights with policy that does not reflect user group input. Are you outraged? Good, here's how you can help.

Call the following NJ government offices.
1. Gov. Chris Christie. 609.292.6000
2. DEP Commissioner Bob Martin. 609.292.2885
3. Wharton Forrest Superintendent. 609.561.0024

Here's some talking points/script that you can used.

"
I'd like to log a formal complaint regarding DEP policy regarding outdoor recreation.

I rode the Sandy Lane Enduro yesterday and boy, was I ever disappointed! There was no challenging trail, only whooped out fire cuts and sand roads. Not only did the event lack the challenge of an enduro, the route was unsafe to both the competitors and other forest users with a high risk of user conflict.

The promoting club was forced to this route by a menu system via OME (Organized Motorcycle Events) implemented by the NJDEP. This policy is counter to 75+ years of historical access to trail in enduro events.

Multi-User Group trails MUST be installed in any policy regarding approved routes.
"

The staff there is nice and considerate so PLEASE be courteous.

Really, it takes only 5 minutes to call.

You needn't be a resident to voice your concern.
Friends/Family may call too-even if they are not motorcyclists. "I heard what's happening to NJ motorcyclists and, I'm outraged at this bureaucracy run wild....."

Your fellow motorcycle enthusiasts thank you in advance for your contribution.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
Hesaid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 812
I'm not opposed to the call, but do you have a link to the new policy, so we can read it before calling?

MV
Old 07-06-2014, 08:44 AM   #3
fuel-cycle
3 wheels or less 49CFR571

Oddometer: 426
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesaid View Post
do you have ... the new policy, so we can read it ?

MV

When DEP created this policy they didn't notify those primarily effected by it, nor did they engage them as stakeholders.
We had to find it on the PPA anti ORV site. (Notice the effective date)

www .pinelandsalliance.org/downloads/pinelandsalliance_885.pdf
fuel-cycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2014, 09:53 AM   #4
enduro gorilla
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
Thank all those illeagal unregistered riders . The ones you see riding the quads, motocross bikes where ever they want. Word has it if those bozos never road the illegal areas , The enduro riders would never be effected . Illeagal riding is out of control in south jersey . Something has to be done.
enduro gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2014, 05:13 PM   #5
rotorhead511
Live and let live.

Oddometer: 420
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro gorilla View Post
Thank all those illeagal unregistered riders . The ones you see riding the quads, motocross bikes where ever they want. Word has it if those bozos never road the illegal areas , The enduro riders would never be effected . Illeagal riding is out of control in south jersey . Something has to be done.
Please don't blame them. The state has taken all their legal riding areas and all they want to do is ride. There aren't enough Milliville Motorsports Parks or OHV areas in the State of NJ. Chatsworth was the best thing South Jersey had until it got shut down. A few years back an organization tried to turn Lacey into legal, safe riding and the state stopped that endevour also. This is coming from a legal plated KTM owner but I remember what it was like when I was younger trying to stay out of trouble while still riding.

Let's try to stop the current shenanigans and not point fingers. We all want to continue enjoying the ride.
rotorhead511 is offline   Reply With Quote