ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-14-2015, 05:32 PM   #1
jaked308 OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Northeast 24 Hour Challenge

Arcadia Bark Busters Inc. is pleased to announce the running of the 24 Hour Northeast Challenge that is presented, by Kenda Tires and Task Racing. The event will be run at Tall Pines ATV Park in Andover, NY on August 22nd and 23rd, 2015.

The Northeast 24 Hour Challenge is a true test of endurance for both the riders and their motorcycles. For 24 hours straight riders will circulate the 10-mile course as solo ironmen, 2-rider duo teams, or up to 6-rider teams. The course consists of both two lane and single-track sections that are suitable and challenging for both day and night riding. The event has a real time electronic scoring system so that each team and single entry can monitor their place in class, and payouts are set for a number of the class types available. The excitement of participating in a 24-hour race, along with the unique experience makes this a standout event for the 2015 schedule for riders of all disciplines.

Information and registration can be found at www.arcadiabarkbusters.com.
jaked308 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 06:14 AM   #2
mtrdrms
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Wow. This is pretty cool. One question: If I enter with another person do we have to use the same bike or can we use our own bikes when we switch off the course? Thanks.

2007 BMW R1200GS
2013 KTM 450 XC-F
mtrdrms is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 09:01 AM   #3
juames
Have Fun, Don't Die!

Oddometer: 2,416
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtrdrms View Post
Wow. This is pretty cool. One question: If I enter with another person do we have to use the same bike or can we use our own bikes when we switch off the course? Thanks.
Depends on the class you are running in...

Premiere class: one bike/up to 6 riders

Team class: Up to 6 riders and each can ride his own bike

Duo class: 2 riders, each on own bike.

Ironman: One rider/one bike.
juames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 03:29 PM   #4
jaked308 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by juames View Post
Depends on the class you are running in...

Premiere class: one bike/up to 6 riders

Team class: Up to 6 riders and each can ride his own bike

Duo class: 2 riders, each on own bike.

Ironman: One rider/one bike.
Exactly as juames said.
Old 01-16-2015, 03:30 PM   #5
hightest
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 799
This looks like a blast. A couple Questions. Im a novice C rider and Im over 50. What class would I fit in better ? Is there any rules on how long your pit stops can be? I'm old I mite need to take an hour nap half way through.
Old 01-16-2015, 06:33 PM   #6
jaked308 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hightest View Post
This looks like a blast. A couple Questions. Im a novice C rider and Im over 50. What class would I fit in better ? Is there any rules on how long your pit stops can be? I'm old I mite need to take an hour nap half way through.
You could ride either the Beg/Nov/C class or the 50+ class. Which is a better fit? I guess that's your call. In Beg/Nov/C you would be up against guys much younger than you, and in 50+ you could have guys that are A riders. No matter what class you ride, you will have a great time!

There is no rule on how long your pit stops can be. I'd suspect that many riders will be in the same boat as you, and will be taking breaks for naps. I know that is how it was when I rode the Perry Mountain 24 Hour Challenge in Alabama.
Old 01-16-2015, 07:41 PM   #7
mtrdrms
Gnarly Adventurer

I realize it's subjective, but how hard is the course? If it's super challenging, and gets worse throughout the day, it must be a headache in the middle of the night. Is that the point of this event? For it to be extremely challenging in terms of the terrain? I have much iron butt experience so managing time, energy, rest etc. I'm not worried about but I'm a middle of the pack c rider in a common harescramble.
Sorry for all the questions but I've never heard of anything like this before and it has really got my attention.

2007 BMW R1200GS
2013 KTM 450 XC-F
Old 01-16-2015, 07:52 PM   #8
jaked308 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
I realize it's subjective, but how hard is the course? If it's super challenging, and gets worse throughout the day, it must be a headache in the middle of the night. Is that the point of this event? For it to be extremely challenging in terms of the terrain? I have much iron butt experience so managing time, energy, rest etc. I'm not worried about but I'm a middle of the pack c rider in a common harescramble.
Sorry for all the questions but I've never heard of anything like this before and it has really got my attention.
No worries. I really appreciate the questions and interest in our event.

The course will be beginner friendly, but still a ton of fun for A riders. The idea is that the course is not the test here, rather the events length is the true test. The last thing I want to do is pull people up hills and through mud holes for 24 hours. Believe me, we will be avoiding anything that might become an issue.

Here is a link to our event promo video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9wRTLV2Yllg

Also find us and give us a like on Facebook (Northeast 24 Hour Challenge).
Old 01-16-2015, 07:55 PM   #9
mtrdrms
Gnarly Adventurer

Exactly what I wanted to know. My friend and I will be attending as a duo team. Thank you!

2007 BMW R1200GS
2013 KTM 450 XC-F
Old 01-16-2015, 08:05 PM   #10
jaked308 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Exactly what I wanted to know. My friend and I will be attending as a duo team. Thank you!
That's great to hear! Looking forward to getting your entry and seeing you there.
Old 01-16-2015, 08:35 PM   #11
chippertheripper
motorcycle junkie

Oddometer: 2,237
I wish I had the time to get there. This is going on the "must do" list right next to 'dilla gncc.
Originally Posted by Night Falcon View Post
Life is too short to crash on a bike you don't respect
chippertheripper is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:40 PM   #12
lobolator
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 248
I've raced a 24hr mtn bike race on a singlespeed.
I'm all over this with a motor.
In for the Ironman, as long as there is camping nearby, before and after the event. I'm going to need some sleep (like a days worth) before traveling the 9hrs home. Especially if I ride in...
lobolator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2015, 08:58 PM   #13
jaked308 OP
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by lobolator View Post
I've raced a 24hr mtn bike race on a singlespeed.
I'm all over this with a motor.
In for the Ironman, as long as there is camping nearby, before and after the event. I'm going to need some sleep (like a days worth) before traveling the 9hrs home. Especially if I ride in...
The event is at Tall Pines ATV park. They can accommodate camping before and after the event. They charge $5 per person which includes use of their bathrooms and showers.
Old 01-17-2015, 08:06 AM   #14
racerron
dysfunctional

Oddometer: 413
Quote:
Originally Posted by hightest View Post
I'm thinking you'll be better off in the 50+ class. Lot's of old guys that still know how to get though the woods.
But we don't usually take each other out.

I'm still on the fence here. Might need more arm twistin.
racerron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2015, 09:21 AM   #15
RedPower
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,015
Looks like a great event! The website has a lot of info, but I have a few questions about motorcycle requirements.

Do the bikes have to be street legal? Registration? Insurance?
Any other requirements than a headlight if running @ night? & I would imagine a spark arrestor?
If the bikes don't have to be street legal, are most folks running 2-stroke Enduro/Motorcross bikes?
Or is the event/course more siuted for XR's, DR's & Dual Sport type bikes?

Also will there be area for spectators to view from other than the pit area?

Thanks in advance!
I hope to assemble a team & see you out there