ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-15-2009, 06:17 AM   #2206
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,418
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hatepylons
Hmmmmm. Might make a break for this one. Gotta check with SingleRider. Skyclad, if two people are in the tag grab, can either one post up the next, or for sake of keeping it organized whoever posts is the grabber?
I would have to say that it can be either rider. Just make sure that you have it figured out who is going to be dropping the tag to prevent you both posting a new one. Also, include the names of both riders in the grab post, though I do have a thought of who the other is.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:15 AM   #2207
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer: 2,582
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclejohn
+1 It's similar to geocaching, another activity I enjoy. I visit places and learn things that I would not normally experience.
I also do some caching and have found some cache locations that would make excellent tags.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
dirtymartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:44 AM   #2208
Eat the Peach
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 149
It's a long way to Tipperary - the tag was closer

Charles Edward Mariskanish was killed on duty in South Vietnam in 1968 http://www.combatwife.net/memmariskanish.htm
Eat the Peach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:50 AM   #2209
madmaximum
She said we're all idiots

Oddometer: 3,423
Bruced......by five damn minutes!!

Guess I'll hang out in the area for a while
madmaximum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:05 AM   #2210
Eat the Peach
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaximum

Guess I'll hang out in the area for a while
What direction did you come from madmax? I was there at 11:30 and rode home afterwards - fifty miles of mostly cross-country secondary roads. I normally drop the next tag on my way home but I'm sure as heck glad I didn't do that today. I'm tied up with family stuff the rest of the day but I'll try to get another tag up tomorrow.

Jesse

PS: I've taken one picture twice already for the Pittsburgh tag-o-rama but haven't posted it yet...been bruced.

Eat the Peach screwed with this post 03-15-2009 at 01:09 PM
Old 03-15-2009, 12:58 PM   #2211
madmaximum

Crap!

Well I took a 4 hour tour of the area waiting for the new tag. I just stopped at Sheetz only to find it won't be up until tomorow! Oh well, nice riding! I got to check out the Conemaugh Dam tag. What was the big happenings in Saltsburg?

I came in from Ebensburg way. I actually drove past the tag on 422, then backtracked on 553. I didn't get to the tag until 12:30, then rode over to Carrolltown to post it. I refreshed this page and there was no grab posted. I went inside to buy a drink and snack and when I came back out side you had posted the grab! I'm not sure, but I think Singlerider and friend got bruced also.
Old 03-15-2009, 02:18 PM   #2212
SingleRider
Table 10 @ the Phyrst FTW

Oddometer: 86
Quote:
I'm not sure, but I think Singlerider and friend got bruced also.
Nope, we weren't bruced. We were busy with our own local tag game.
Old 03-15-2009, 03:40 PM   #2213
mrsticky
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 134
Quote:
Well I took a 4 hour tour of the area waiting for the new tag. I just stopped at Sheetz only to find it won't be up until tomorow! Oh well, nice riding! I got to check out the Conemaugh Dam tag. What was the big happenings in Saltsburg?

I came in from Ebensburg way. I actually drove past the tag on 422, then backtracked on 553. I didn't get to the tag until 12:30, then rode over to Carrolltown to post it. I refreshed this page and there was no grab posted. I went inside to buy a drink and snack and when I came back out side you had posted the grab! I'm not sure, but I think Singlerider and friend got bruced also.
Were you heading east on 422 about 4:00? I was heading west down a hill and flashed the lights in my truck to warn a guy ripping up through a passing zone a little east of Yellow Creek. A trooper was hiding near the top of the hill.
The bike looked something like yours.

mrsticky screwed with this post 03-15-2009 at 03:45 PM
mrsticky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:04 PM   #2214
Eat the Peach
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
I posted up my time frame as soon as I realised you were waiting for the next drop - I assumed (incorrectly?) that you were accessing the board via your cell phone and wouldn't have to wait very long to get updates.

"....big happenings in Saltsburg?" you got me - I don't get the reference

Quote:
Overshooting the tag and coming up 403 to 553? ...that's how close I was to being bruced...it doesn't get much closer than that...whew!

Jesse
Old 03-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #2215
-Bomber-
Lost Again

Oddometer: 136
Quote:
There was a gun bash at the Saltsburg VFD today.
-Bomber- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:53 PM   #2216
madmaximum

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrsticky
Were you heading east on 422 about 4:00? I was heading west down a hill and flashed the lights in my truck to warn a guy ripping up through a passing zone a little east of Yellow Creek. A trooper was hiding near the top of the hill.
The bike looked something like yours.
Yep, that was me, THANKS!!
The person I was passing was driving about 50-55 when I started to pass. When I started to pass they sped up to 70 or more and that's when I saw you flash your lights. As soon as you went by I saw the trooper sitting there and thought for sure I was in for a performance award, but he just watched me go by. A few miles up the road there was a local cop watching a 35 mph zone.

Peach, no worries about the new tag. I had a good time exploring the area. I forgot my GPS so I was just wandering around checking things out. So many interesting places, so little time!

Singlerider, I didn't know there was a local tag game?? Is it on here? I drove past 2 bikes along 422 on my way to the tag fueling up and one of them looked a lot like yours. I figured I was bruced, I just had the wrong brucers!

madmaximum screwed with this post 03-15-2009 at 05:17 PM
Old 03-15-2009, 04:57 PM   #2217
Grape_Ape
It Feels Good

Oddometer: 453
Quote:
Originally Posted by SingleRider
Nope, we weren't bruced. We were busy with our own local tag game.
Ah! An afternoon at the "Ballet".
Grape_Ape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:36 PM   #2218
Mark_O
Drain Bamaged

Oddometer: 14,858
Bruced..............................Big Time

I knew i didn't have a chance, it was a 240 mile ride by the time I got there at about 2:15. Beautiful day for my first 400+ miler of the year.

Nice area to ride.
Old 03-15-2009, 06:47 PM   #2219
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,418
The Pennsylvania Tag-o-Rama map has been updated for the first 100 tags.

Grape, good to see ya. I am surprised that you have not been jumping on some of these tags. Not terribly far from you.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 06:49 PM   #2220
Mark_O
Drain Bamaged

Oddometer: 14,858
Question A Question

What do you use to post while you're on the road? I've been thinking about buying one of those mini notebooks because it would fit in my saddlebags..