ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-19-2009, 10:19 AM   #4861
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

Oddometer: 5,643
I see your point. Nothing would make me happier then to see the tag move. But I guess the weather is killing the motorcycle adventure spirit around PA. And it does not seem to be moving. I know I am a bit of a hog when it comes to the tag. But I love to ride. And I love to take picutres.

To be less of a hog, I set some rules for myself.
1-I will not go for a tag that is less then 50 miles away.
2-I will move the tag at least 50 miles from its previous location.
3-I will not TOR at night anymore. So other people have a better chance of getting the tag.

My 3 step program to breaking TagOholism........
Old 12-19-2009, 11:51 AM   #4862
RPD1
We don't

Oddometer: 15,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by DenniSMC
I see your point.

Don't worry about it. There's only one person whining and he does that in every thread. Don't let it get to you. Keep riding. If you weren't moving these tags they would end up sitting for days.
RPD1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 12:31 PM   #4863
docgonzo
Old Gadfly

Oddometer: 12,758
Quote:
Originally Posted by RPD1
Don't worry about it. There's only one person whining and he does that in every thread.
I like to think of it as constructive criticism!

I think Dennis has a great attitude, and his suggestions are good. He loves the game, and wants it to be good for the majority, not for a region. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt chasing tags in the winter where there is black ice and snow all the time.

Get a tag stuck in one location for too long, and the State TOR becomes a regional one. And keep it in the mountains or near the Great Lakes, and it will be buried till spring.

Heard much lately from the Empire State TOR? Last year it was buried for months in Buffalo. Probably will be the same this winter. And no, I'm not going to Buffalo in this weather. It would have to leap-frog down to warmer areas for me to get interested.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:36 PM   #4864
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

Hasn't the pa tag spent the last few winters out west too?
Old 12-19-2009, 01:46 PM   #4865
RPD1
We don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo
I like to think of it as constructive criticism! .
Don't kid yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by docgonzo
I think Dennis has a great attitude, and his suggestions are good. He loves the game, and wants it to be good for the majority, not for a region. I just don't want to see anyone get hurt chasing tags in the winter where there is black ice and snow all the time.

Get a tag stuck in one location for too long, and the State TOR becomes a regional one. And keep it in the mountains or near the Great Lakes, and it will be buried till spring.

Heard much lately from the Empire State TOR? Last year it was buried for months in Buffalo. Probably will be the same this winter. And no, I'm not going to Buffalo in this weather. It would have to leap-frog down to warmer areas for me to get interested.
nonsensical rationalization
Old 12-19-2009, 01:48 PM   #4866
RPD1
We don't

Quote:
Hasn't the pa tag spent the last few winters out west too?

No, last year it was on the eastern side of the state. The lake effect makes it difficult to keep moving.
Old 12-19-2009, 03:03 PM   #4867
modgethanc

Oddometer: 107
My bike just went into hibernation; I'm leaving the state for a few weeks and http://modgethanc.com/catsmeat/snjors-6.jpg just happened. Goodnight, bike! I'll see you when the roads are clean again.

I would love to be riding through the winter, but I have neither the skills nor the equipment to deal with it at the moment. If this were a bicycle TOR, on the other hand, and within 20 miles of Pittsburgh, I would be all over this no matter how bad the weather gets (I can pedal through the snow as long as it's lower than my hubs).

Instead of calling Dennis a tag hog, the rest of you guys could just step up your game to keep up with him. It's not like he's doing things that are particularly anti-social with the tag, he is just quicker to get it than everyone else :p
modgethanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:29 PM   #4868
nt650gt
Me

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
I see your point. Nothing would make me happier then to see the tag move. But I guess the weather is killing the motorcycle adventure spirit around PA. And it does not seem to be moving. I know I am a bit of a hog when it comes to the tag. But I love to ride. And I love to take picutres.

To be less of a hog, I set some rules for myself.
1-I will not go for a tag that is less then 50 miles away.
2-I will move the tag at least 50 miles from its previous location.
3-I will not TOR at night anymore. So other people have a better chance of getting the tag.

My 3 step program to breaking TagOholism........
Well, I don't think you should put limits on yourself, but that's up to you. On a bright note, I hope to have the new tag posted tomorrow.....AND you'll be able to grab this one. It's over 50 miles away :)
nt650gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #4869
dirtymartini
Shaken, Not Stirred

Oddometer: 2,569
Quote:
Originally Posted by nt650gt
Well, I don't think you should put limits on yourself, but that's up to you. On a bright note, I hope to have the new tag posted tomorrow.....AND you'll be able to grab this one. It's over 50 miles away :)
In what direction?
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined, but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government." -- George Washington
dirtymartini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:35 PM   #4870
Mark5PA
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,752
In the "twittering & chattering" vein, Dionisio is a tag hog, and I'm glad. Moving the tag around quit a bit. Been staying kinda local, CAUSE IT'S FRIGGIN COLD out there. Takes a man (or a nut!) to go more than an hour in this weather. Looks like the tag is a hot potato, to see where it gets stuck for the winter, and get blamed for not moving it.
Spring is comming. Few more months.
Hope for a few nice winter days to ride.

Endless Mountains,PA
Mark5PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 03:51 PM   #4871
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

Doc in an abrasive way is right about tag hogging. This game is about riding. And the game gets stail if the same few guys hog it. Its about riding and seeing new places. I get crazy and run out at night and snag the tag. And for what? To win some prize? The prize is playing. And getting Bruced is not a bad thing. You got out and rode. And that is always good. Winning is playing.
And chatting a bit in the TOR is not the worse thing you can do. We all play together. And sort of ride together. Why shouldn't we joke a bit while waiting for the tag to move. This is not work. This is play.........
Old 12-19-2009, 03:57 PM   #4872
RPD1
We don't

Quote:
Originally Posted by modgethanc

Instead of calling Dennis a tag hog, the rest of you guys could just step up your game to keep up with him.

Old 12-19-2009, 03:59 PM   #4873
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

I gots an idea...........

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...2#post11670632
Old 12-19-2009, 08:25 PM   #4874
nt650gt
Me

Oddometer: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by dirtymartini
In what direction?
Away from Wilkes-Barre
nt650gt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2009, 08:41 PM   #4875
NachoRoto
Meet you there. OK?

Quote:
Originally Posted by nt650gt
Away from Wilkes-Barre
Since Wilkes Barre is the center of teh know Universe. Can you be more specific? If your going North or West. There might be some riding to do tomorrow.