ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2008, 07:35 AM   #61
mike_115
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
I was there with Slim, but pretended I didn't know where it was, and tried to figure it out w/ google. Took about 10 seconds and that was before reading your clues, I wouldn't have put them up. Meh, that's just me being a mean bastard though.

SkyClad, do you have one of the new belts, or an older one? I think '06 was when they switched, but I think you need to replace the sprockets and belt guards to use it. Did it show any wear before breaking, or just break? Just curious because I have an '03 Firebolt.
mike_115 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 07:53 AM   #62
2ndSPACE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_115
I was there with Slim, but pretended I didn't know where it was, and tried to figure it out w/ google. Took about 10 seconds and that was before reading your clues, I wouldn't have put them up. Meh, that's just me being a mean bastard though.

SkyClad, do you have one of the new belts, or an older one? I think '06 was when they switched, but I think you need to replace the sprockets and belt guards to use it. Did it show any wear before breaking, or just break? Just curious because I have an '03 Firebolt.
You are correct. I am an idiot.
2ndSPACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 08:37 AM   #63
Burgh'r Boy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
When did this become the PA Poker Run?

"Rule #2 - ... Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties."

Interesting Locations?, I think not. When did this become the PA Poker Run?
Burgh'r Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 01:54 PM   #64
NittanyRider
Walking Contradiction

Oddometer: 274
Un-interesting location???

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burgh'r Boy
"Rule #2 - ... Try to place the tags in interesting locations, maybe a bit of history that can be found down some nice twisties."

Interesting Locations?, I think not. When did this become the PA Poker Run?

Not that I'm making excuses, but I did have to go a ways to get the tag in the first place, and because of that, I didn't have a lot of time yesterday for locating the new tag. I will admit that it is/was an easy location, but it was *my* decision and I stand by it. Personally, if I lived in some other part of the state, and I was coming to get this tag, I would be psyched. The roads leading in and out of this area are awesome. You can get hear via twisties, farm roads, dirt roads or slab. Throw in some good grub, and what could be better, right?

Hey, if I'm wrong on this one, I'll own it, but I personally don't think this is a poker run, nor do I think that it is an un-interesting location.
NittanyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:19 PM   #65
Burgh'r Boy
Adventurer

Oddometer: 85
Bluhduh It's not you, it's me!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NittanyRider
Not that I'm making excuses, but I did have to go a ways to get the tag in the first place, and because of that, I didn't have a lot of time yesterday for locating the new tag. I will admit that it is/was an easy location, but it was *my* decision and I stand by it. Personally, if I lived in some other part of the state, and I was coming to get this tag, I would be psyched. The roads leading in and out of this area are awesome. You can get hear via twisties, farm roads, dirt roads or slab. Throw in some good grub, and what could be better, right?

Hey, if I'm wrong on this one, I'll own it, but I personally don't think this is a poker run, nor do I think that it is an un-interesting location.
The Tags have been somewhat dificult to follow, but haven't the last 2 been bars?
Burgh'r Boy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:39 PM   #66
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,572
Yeah, I was right about that location. I prefer to get the sampler platter of beer. Good food as well.

Let's get the tags back out of towns and bars though (oops, 205'e on this one). Mine was only a tag of convience.

BTW, just to let you all know, Lancaster H-D/Buell is coming through again for me. They are going to be replacing the belt under warranty. I consider myself to be lucky to have such a great shop in my area that treats Buelligans the same as H-D owners.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 02:44 PM   #67
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Quote:
The Tags have been somewhat dificult to follow, but haven't the last 2 been bars?
Well, my bar tag was not exactly my choice. Trust me, I was planning a MUCH more interesting location for that tag. Let's just say that folks afraid of gravel roads would have had to sit that one out. It is still on my list of future tags.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Old 08-18-2008, 02:47 PM   #68
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_115
My Ulysses is an 08. The belt is the one designed for the Ulysses. They have a stronger belt for 09.

There is no unusualy wear showing on the belt. The bike has 11220 miles on it, and I am not a wheelie freak. No damage showing on the belt, other than the obvious. There was no warning signs before the belt broke; just pulling hard out of a switchback and suddenly I was bouncing off the rev limiter and slowing down at the same time. Usually not a good combination.
KCCO
Old 08-18-2008, 03:18 PM   #69
NittanyRider
Walking Contradiction

Quote:
I hope I don't come across as being argumentative, but I wouldn't classify this place a "bar"... they don't serve liquor, it's smoke-free and it's very family-friendly. This a cool place where the locals come to unwind and I wanted to share it. I had some other places in mind, but I wasn't sure I was going to be able to get to them in a reasonable amount of time, so I opted to go with this place to keep the game going.
Old 08-18-2008, 03:25 PM   #70
NittanyRider
Walking Contradiction

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad
Let's get the tags back out of towns and bars though (oops, 205'e on this one).
Agreed!
Old 08-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #71
NittanyRider
Walking Contradiction

So....

maybe it wasn't such a good idea to bring the tag up here???

Where's everybody at???

Old 08-19-2008, 12:27 PM   #72
Slim Jim
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
If I would have known when I was standing there that was going to be the next tag, the new one would be posted up by now.

Oh well, hopefully someone out there can figure it out and will deem it a worthwhile journey. I know I enjoyed it.
Slim Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2008, 01:05 PM   #73
NittanyRider
Walking Contradiction

Slim Jim - Yeah, that is bad timing. If I had decided to go out there to get the tag BEFORE I mowed the lawn, we probably would have bumped into each other.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:33 PM   #74
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Well, I will have my bike back Thursday. If this tag is still active Friday, it won't be Saturday...
KCCO
Old 08-19-2008, 01:36 PM   #75
disconnected
ultra runner

Oddometer: 6,841
any more clues for us Pittsburghers???

I need to keep it moving west!

greg