ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-22-2008, 10:33 AM   #91
NittanyRider
Walking Contradiction

Oddometer: 274
Quote:
Originally Posted by RangerLee
Too much idle chatter in this thread, I do not even know what the last tag photo is

Last I saw looked like an eatery but it also looked like someone put up their own copy of the same pic...so what tag are we at now?
Check out Post # 57... that's the current tag.
NittanyRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2008, 08:38 PM   #92
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,568
somebody else is gonna hve to go get this one. my bike is still down. the blet they had in stock was not the right belt, and they could not find another one close.

I know that there are several riders from the College area. go get it.
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 07:28 AM   #93
disconnected
ultra runner

Oddometer: 6,826
Got it!! woke up at 5 am.... bringinn it back west!!!!! My wife thought I was crazy. Its going be good day on the bike, I have a friend in Altoona and I made the stop to load the picture to secure the lead!!!!

greg

disconnected screwed with this post 08-23-2008 at 07:33 AM
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 08:08 AM   #94
PABiker
Anywhere but here

Oddometer: 3,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
Got it!! woke up at 5 am.... bringinn it back west!!!!! My wife thought I was crazy. Its going be good day on the bike, I have a friend in Altoona and I made the stop to load the picture to secure the lead!!!!

greg
Nice work Greg, way to take one for the West team.
PABiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 02:11 PM   #95
disconnected
ultra runner

Im planning on adding a new Tag tomorrow.... well as long as the wife doesnt threaten to divorce me when I walk toward the garage....

Quote:
Originally Posted by PABiker
Nice work Greg, way to take one for the West team.
Old 08-23-2008, 02:36 PM   #96
PABiker
Anywhere but here

Oddometer: 3,784
Quote:
Originally Posted by disconnected
Im planning on adding a new Tag tomorrow.... well as long as the wife doesnt threaten to divorce me when I walk toward the garage....
Cool, my 950 is in pieces so if it's close enough I'll hunt it down on the DRZ.
PABiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:37 PM   #97
ddevil54r
Adventurer

Oddometer: 26
go ahead and drop it in altoona i dare ya
ddevil54r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2008, 03:54 PM   #98
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Good work disconnected...thanks for getting it moving again.

ddevil54r, why are you daring him to drop it anywhere? Altoona is what, an hour, maybe 90 minutes to State College, and you let a guy from PITTSBURGH grab the tag. Oh, the shame...
Skyclad's Wanderings - Bald Eagle Bastards - The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
KCCO
Old 08-23-2008, 04:01 PM   #99
ddevil54r
Adventurer

no i'm saying pick the next tag in altoona i dare someone... and state college is like 30 minutes away from me.... yeah i know i know. i should've had the last one but i couldn't put a finger on that place... i'm not too big on pubs and diners and such...
Old 08-23-2008, 04:34 PM   #100
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Google is your friend...try entering this combination (which is all provided in the posting for the Otto's location) brewpub, state college, pa

Only two brewpubs in State College, and both have websites.

p.s. ddevil, I am not trying to call you out specifically. I am just frustrated that the tag sat there so long. It was an easy tag both to locate and grab. Those rednecks down south are making us look bad.
KCCO
Old 08-24-2008, 06:57 AM   #101
ddevil54r
Adventurer

don't worry i'm kicking myself... especially seeing as how i've been working down in SC the past 3 weeks i'm all over the next tag, i just need to figure out how to get this thread sent to my cell phone :P hah, nevermind figured it out ;) game on!!!
Old 08-24-2008, 08:53 AM   #102
cakmakli
Made It - Army Retired

Oddometer: 328
I hope the next tag gets posted soon. I'm sitting here on a Sunday with no plans.
cakmakli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 10:13 AM   #103
disconnected
ultra runner

Ill try and get it up by today, but remember I was all over the state yesterday.....

greg

Quote:
Originally Posted by cakmakli
I hope the next tag gets posted soon. I'm sitting here on a Sunday with no plans.

disconnected screwed with this post 08-24-2008 at 10:25 AM
disconnected is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 03:30 PM   #104
2ndSPACE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,390
I am thinking a VA WV PA day long tag ride may be in the future. That is if the planet align properly

Hmmmm let's see. My Pop got the VA tag, my GF got the WV tag. All depends on the PA tag
2ndSPACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2008, 04:36 PM   #105
disconnected
ultra runner

So you guys wanted history, how about the oldest archiological site in North America!!!

The site was excavated from 1973 until 1978 by a University of Pittsburgh team led by James M. Adovasio. Radiocarbon dates from the site indicated occupancy as early as 16,000 years ago and possibly as long as 19,000 years ago. The "Clovis First" camp has tried to dispute the age of the findings, but generally their efforts have been dismissed.[citation needed] Although the dates are still controversial to some, archaeologists familiar with evidence from the site agree that Xxxxxxxxxxx was used by Native Americans in the pre-Clovis era, and as such, provides evidence for very early human habitation of the Americas. In fact, if the 19,000 years ago dating is correct, Xxxxxxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxxxx is the oldest known Native American cultural site. Seeing as the site fails Hayne's criteria for dating Paleoindian sites in the Americas as the site could potentially have been contaminated by natural carbon at the site the age of 19,000 years could be significantly older than the real age.[citation needed]
Xxxxxxxxxxx Xxxxxxxxxxx has yielded Woodland, Archaic and Paleoindian remains, indicating evidence of the processing of animals, such as deer, elk, bird eggs, and mussels; as well as plants such as corn, squash, fruits, nuts and seeds. The site also has yielded many tools, including ceramics, bifaces, biface fragments, lamellar blades, a lanceolate projectile point and chipping debris. At least one basin-shaped hearth was reused over time.
It was given the name Mxxxxxxxxxxx from the nearby Xxxxxxxxxxx Vxxxxxx historical park. Although sometimes referred to as "Xxxxxxxxxx RxxK Xxxxxx", the more accepted and popular term is "Xxxxxxxxxx Rxxxxxxxxxx".
Following construction of a new observation deck and enclosure, The Xxxxxxxxter had a reopening on May 10, 2008. (wikipedia)

The dig site is up above on rock cliff, glimpses can be seen from here.

Greg