ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2012, 09:59 AM   #10621
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,116
I will add Bikehigh as a Map Keeper, as soon as I can remember how to do it. Google is not playing nice from work 'puter.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 10:13 AM   #10622
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.

Oddometer: 1,576
Now, let's ride.

Fred
FredRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:05 PM   #10623
steve68steve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by markcap View Post
So Steve....how's everything going in your world? Sounding to me like...shit running down hill....
A few weeks ago, my wife wound up in the ER for abdominal pain - they discovered a 500cc mass on one of her ovaries. Week after that she had OVA-1 cancer screen come back positive. Ovarian cancer has about 25% survivability at 5 years.

We put the hurry-up offense on selling our business so we could focus on chemo/ radiation. The buyer and even our own realtor fucked us up the ass.

As a result of all the doc/ real estate crap going on I've been missing some time at work- so I have some employment/ health insurance stress.

During all this, the hurricane wiped out our power for a few days and took a little bit of our roof.

Mon 11/5/12, I left work early to sign the papers giving away our life's work for pennies on the dollar. Tues 11/6/12, I missed a whole day due to my wife having surgery to remove all of her girl plumbing.

Wife's now recovering from surgery, our business is gone, and I'm looking at working my ass off to catch up. As I write this, I'm at a hotel in in Newark, DE, having started training down here on Mon (my wife is hobbling around the house alone a week out from surgery).

On the plus side, they're 99% sure the tumor is benign - still waiting on pathology report.

Yeah, it's been a pretty shitty few weeks.

'12 Glee
steve68steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 03:45 PM   #10624
Mark_O
Drain Bamaged

Oddometer: 13,316
Damn, when it rains it pours. I hope your wife is cancer free after all this. I hope they didn't remove all of her plumbing. I've heard it called removing the baby carriage but leaving the play pen. Best of luck to you both.
Old 11-15-2012, 04:04 PM   #10625
max384
Disgruntled Student

Oddometer: 2,896
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve68steve View Post
A few weeks ago, my wife wound up in the ER for abdominal pain - they discovered a 500cc mass on one of her ovaries. Week after that she had OVA-1 cancer screen come back positive. Ovarian cancer has about 25% survivability at 5 years.

We put the hurry-up offense on selling our business so we could focus on chemo/ radiation. The buyer and even our own realtor fucked us up the ass.

As a result of all the doc/ real estate crap going on I've been missing some time at work- so I have some employment/ health insurance stress.

During all this, the hurricane wiped out our power for a few days and took a little bit of our roof.

Mon 11/5/12, I left work early to sign the papers giving away our life's work for pennies on the dollar. Tues 11/6/12, I missed a whole day due to my wife having surgery to remove all of her girl plumbing.

Wife's now recovering from surgery, our business is gone, and I'm looking at working my ass off to catch up. As I write this, I'm at a hotel in in Newark, DE, having started training down here on Mon (my wife is hobbling around the house alone a week out from surgery).

On the plus side, they're 99% sure the tumor is benign - still waiting on pathology report.

Wow. When it rains it pours.

Here's to hoping it truly is benign. Everything else is peanuts (yeah, yeah, easy for me to say) compared to that.

Pennsylvania to Newfoundland Ride Report
max384 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 04:37 PM   #10626
madmaximum
She said we're all idiots

Oddometer: 3,203
Damn Steve! Well wishes sent to you and your wife. Hope your future is cancer free and is a lot less stressful.
madmaximum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:34 PM   #10627
Litespeed602
Going in Circles

Oddometer: 599
Steve and Mrs. Steve,

Best wishes to you both. Please keep us updated on her condition.

PM sent.
Litespeed602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2012, 06:38 PM   #10628
Jeff B
I apologize

Oddometer: 4,617
Quote:
Originally Posted by steve68steve View Post

So is there anything that we can do to help?

Is your roof at least papered in?

Does you wife need someone to check on her and make sure there's milk and bread in the house while your away?

Someone to run for scripts and such?
Old 11-16-2012, 02:51 PM   #10629
steve68steve
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 332
Thanks, all:

First, I wasn't paying attention - thought I was in the Eastern BS O RAMA. Didn't mean to drop a big dookie in the tag thread.

Secondly, I got home this afternoon. Wife is doing GREAT. Recovery way ahead of schedule.

Thirdly, again, I really appreciate the sentiments - but I'd rather see this thread muddied up with grabs and drops! No need to clog it with my life issues.

Someone go get the tag!!!

'12 Glee
steve68steve is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2012, 03:18 AM   #10630
markcap
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 360
Hey Steve, missed your response on Thurs. Will try & check in with you later today or tomorrow. If you need anything, I am around all w/e.
markcap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2012, 01:21 PM   #10631
MiTEbADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Grab

Corner of Ned Ridge & Young Roads, New Freeport, PA 15352

N 39.72273
W 80.50557

Thanks Jeff B for a great ride!

from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
MiTEbADV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:57 PM   #10632
MiTEbADV
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Drop

Sorry about the crappy pictures this was plan b as work responsibilities have just squashed plan a

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2
MiTEbADV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 04:59 PM   #10633
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Hmmm, try as I might, I can not see a motorcycle in your drop photo. Please try again. Also, clues would be nice.
Bald Eagle Bastard
Old 11-19-2012, 05:05 PM   #10634
FredRydr
Danger: Keep Back 500 Ft.

Oddometer: 1,576
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad View Post
Hmmm, try as I might, I can not see a motorcycle in your drop photo. Please try again. Also, clues would be nice.
Ooo, bummer! But I did find the tag from what's written on the banner, only 194 miles from my driveway.

Fred
FredRydr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:07 PM   #10635
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

I couldn't make out the banner, though to be honest, I didn't try all that hard. You know, being that the drop is not valid and all.

edit: never mind, I got it...however, we still need a bike in the picture.
Bald Eagle Bastard