Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2008, 09:53 AM   #31
jgreer
hidden for privacy

Oddometer: 168
great bag

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazybrit
What do you get in yours? You have a pic? I thought there used to be a pic on the giantloop site but I can't find it now, I know Wachs has his packing list up there, I think he just uses a bivi sack.
I don't have a pic avalible for the contents but I can give you a list off the top of my list.
compressed sleeping bag and pillow
msr mutli fuel stove and fuel bottle
couple cans of soup, outmeal packs and energy bars
mess kit
pair of pants, shorts, 2 shirts, 2 each undies/socks, and extra jersey
40oz bottle of water
emergency kit

two person tent and sleep pad on top of bag(seen in picture)

All this fit with no problems and do to its low center of gravity you don't really know its there. I took the hole package to a home made motorcross track and hit it pretty hard with little difficulty and the bag held-up great .

2007 KTM 450 exc-g
2007 Triumph Daytona 675

'Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, Its more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today,might burn your ass tomorrow......'
jgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2008, 09:59 AM   #32
jgreer
hidden for privacy

Oddometer: 168
mocking me

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyandjebus
jgreer

That setup has some serious drool factor
Thanks, but don't get to jealous, I have yet to use it in the current setup. I'm working out of town so it just sets outside of my trailer mocking me.

2007 KTM 450 exc-g
2007 Triumph Daytona 675

'Life isn't like a bowl of cherries or peaches, Its more like a jar of Jalapenos--what you do today,might burn your ass tomorrow......'
jgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2008, 07:47 PM   #33
osteo
Motion is Life

Oddometer: 1,856
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteo
Here's another, might be a knock off of the Kytech (which I have seen) and can also attest to, but as noted it is not cheap. This also fairly local to me is made by another guy and is much less, $180cdn/us.

2 Wheel Central Rack

Actually he makes a few models, and by the pictures they look similiar to others posted here, so not sure if he is reverse engineering them...

I placed an order for one already, should be arriving any day, I'll post pic's.

D
My rack from 2wheelcentral arrived today, no time to mount it as yet, but surprise surprise, it is the Krytech Rack as mentioned on page 1 of this thread... it is laser etched saying "www.krytech.com" , no mistaking and costing $179 instead of $250 . Not sure why the price difference, but I know I got one from the latest batch as my ordered was delayed as they were out of stock.

I'll take a couple pics when I install in and post them.

D

Rally Connex Adventures
Off-Road Adventures
Make It Stick Media

Adventure Has No Destination

08' KTM 450 EXC - The Half Beast -
04' Yamaha TTR250 (for the wife)
osteo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 04:44 PM   #34
crazybrit OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,522
Hmmn, score one more for the PMB rack????

Possibly related to the fact that the rack surface was not a good fit to the side arms (had to force the arms to get the 4 screws in). Or maybe a PMB ism.

Guess I'll have to pull the entire tail section off the bike, refit the rack to the bare subrame, remove the shock and see if I can get the tire to miss the pipe. Damn whoops.

crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:31 PM   #35
LILBIT
Ride you must.

Oddometer: 1,675
I'd consider spacing the pipe out a hair if it doesn't come to close to the side panel. I'm lazy and it looks like you got it centered very well the first time.
LILBIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 05:37 PM   #36
crazybrit OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,522
Quote:
Originally Posted by LILBIT
I'd consider spacing the pipe out a hair if it doesn't come to close to the side panel. I'm lazy and it looks like you got it centered very well the first time.
Yeah, spacing the pipe is the std solution (without the PMB you can bend the tabs in a fall). In this case I think it's related to the PMB install.

Not sure it's well centered or not. It's all relative I guess

If you look at the pics with the tape measure where the rack lays over the orange fender, there is a 1/2" difference (2 x 1/4") side 2 side. Not that significant. What I don't like is that the rack surface doesn't fit onto the arms (the 4 holes) without forcing one side in, the arms are not parallel to each other.
crazybrit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2008, 06:45 PM   #37
Brent4ADV
Enjoying empty roads...

Oddometer: 1,006
+1 for the PMB rack

For out TAT trip, my dad and I built a rack for his Ortlieb saddle bags and we used the PMB rack as a mounting point. This rear rack is super sturdy. This is on an '08 530-excr. We ended up counter sinking the bolts on the top of the PMB rack.

P.S. - We are thinking about revamping this design by welding all the aluminum joints when we get a spool gun for the mig welder!!

Brent4ADV screwed with this post 11-17-2008 at 06:53 PM
Brent4ADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2008, 03:19 PM   #38
alfaris
MOTERO TORERO

Oddometer: 1,150
Thumb

wow

nice job there Brent4ADV. Got the pmb rack on my 525 and i could never imagine it could be ussed as support for those saddlebag side racks.

nice idea indeed. congrats
Old 12-03-2008, 05:29 AM   #39
lawyer1219
Pair-a-Dice

Oddometer: 107
PM Rack

I chose the ProMoto Rack because it looked sturdy enough to handle a decent weekends worth of stuff on it. The mounting took some time and the instructions could have been a little clearer but the job went fairly straightforward on my '06 525 EXC. I have been considering purchasing the saddlebag wings available on PM's website to allow me to carry some saddle bags along with the 950 Adventure tankbag that had been adapted to fit. Has anybody tried this and with what success? I note that they are not specifically offered for the EXC but look like they would fit and function well.
lawyer1219 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2008, 06:46 AM   #40
1stworks
dude

Oddometer: 1,612
New rack

My buddy has new rear rack for 530 excr made buy FLATLAND.
Iwill put up pics today.
Will sell for around 100.00

firstworks

Here is one pic looks better in person!!!

You can buy here

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...m=260326346710

firstworks

1stworks screwed with this post 12-03-2008 at 09:18 AM
1stworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2009, 12:15 PM   #41
Schmittenhymer
Adventure Tourer

Oddometer: 636
Quote:
Originally Posted by osteo
My rack from 2wheelcentral arrived today, no time to mount it as yet, but surprise surprise, it is the Krytech Rack as mentioned on page 1 of this thread... it is laser etched saying "www.krytech.com" , no mistaking and costing $179 instead of $250 . Not sure why the price difference, but I know I got one from the latest batch as my ordered was delayed as they were out of stock.

I'll take a couple pics when I install in and post them.

D
The racks supplied by 2 Wheel Central are Kytech Racks. 2 Wheel Central is an authorized dealer.
http://www.adventuretourer.ca
www.iboxcabinets.com
Schmittenhymer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 09:20 AM   #42
Eric in SD
n00b

Oddometer: 7
I ordered the krytech rack from 2 wheel central. Thanks for the tip on this one. It looks clean and has an underseat mount that makes the rack very rigid. There is just too much drama with the PMB rack.
Eric in SD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 10:49 AM   #43
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,277
Expensive Rack Alternative

Giantloop bags are easier to mount, hold tons of gear, and don't stress the subframe. After mounting them you can attach as much stuff onto the top of the bag as a rack could hold.
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:28 PM   #44
otterf18
Inderro (sp!)

Oddometer: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimmex View Post
Giantloop bags are easier to mount, hold tons of gear, and don't stress the subframe. After mounting them you can attach as much stuff onto the top of the bag as a rack could hold.
Would it be possible to mount a giant loop bag over the top of a kyteck rack? My thinking is the rack would be great for short hauls and the rack might also help support the giant loop bag when used.

Life is short...

Ride often
otterf18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 12:56 PM   #45
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,277
Quote:
Originally Posted by otterf18 View Post
Would it be possible to mount a giant loop bag over the top of a kyteck rack? My thinking is the rack would be great for short hauls and the rack might also help support the giant loop bag when used.
Giantloop works better sitting on the rear part of the seat and front part of the rear fender without a rack. They are quite versatile though so I'm sure you could get one over a rack. The beauty of Giantloop is it spreads the weight out over entire subframe, much like a passenger riding pillion would. the other really cool thing is you can bungie/strap on tent, pad, sleeping bag onto the top of the GL, so it serves as a mounting point much like a rack would.
Jim
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote