Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-09-2009, 11:26 AM   #151
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,038

We nattered away for quite a while and I was more than a little annoyed that I'd left the fags at home. We needed to get on so it was time to be off. This way,

Along the way we passed more families packing up ready to move on. We also met these fellas. The one in the middle was a young foal which the other two were protecting.

The weather was beginning to close in, it was time to push on.

Past the goatherders warding off the rain.

Dickyb screwed with this post 09-10-2009 at 10:43 PM
Dickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2009, 11:36 AM   #152
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Feeling famished we stopped at a roadside cafe serving Gozleme. Gozleme is unleavend bread which is rolled flat and cooked/baked (I'm no cook) on a stove. Various toppings such as cheese, herbs and veg are added during cooking/baking. C'est voila!

It has been said by some that eating Gozleme is akin to eating half a dozen beer mats, or cream crackers, after doing an 800m sprint. I tend to agree but wasn't brave enough to air my views to the cook. We settled for trout and chips with salad. 10 Lira for two. Bargain!

Dickyb screwed with this post 09-10-2009 at 10:44 PM
Old 09-09-2009, 11:56 AM   #153
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

.................A couple of hours later we were on the outskirts of Kalkan and in need of a soft drink. I pulled off the road, someone pulled the road out from under me and over the bike went on to its side and Juliets foot, all at 0.001kph. Juliets hands didn't move. Bad sign! The guys at the burger stand rushed out and yanked the bike off us both whilst just managing to stay upright on the ball bearings that some road wallah had decided would be a better covering than gravel. Juliet was in pain and needed to get to hospital. She hobbled on to the bike and 20 minutes later hobbled on to an x ray table. That'll be three broken bones in the right foot for you and 75 lira for us love.

Somehow my cherub had manged to get her foot caught between the footrest and the footrest hangar when the bike went over. She will be back on the bike after about five weeks, this time wearing the Honda full length boots that on this occasion remained in he garage. I will be off learning how to ride a bike! ATGATT ( All the gear all the time, for those not in the know), people. Ya hear?

Cheers,

Dickyb

PS. Whilst at the hospital today for further tests all this kicked off

http://www.hurriyetdailynews.com/n.p...667-2009-09-09

Dickyb screwed with this post 09-10-2009 at 10:46 PM
Old 09-16-2009, 11:15 AM   #154
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Breakfast at Tiffany B,s

T'was a lazy mid September morn. The storms had passed, the morning mist was lifting and Blaize was perturbed. In lieu of the normal fayre of sheep and goats with which she is used to exercising her vocal chords at, she suddenly stumbled across two Bavarian monsters .

Well, better guard them I suppose

Old 09-16-2009, 11:37 AM   #155
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

.............." Hey Blaize, who could be the pilots of this heavy metal?" " I am only a puppy but I think one is a German, the other is not. One is a Frenchman the other is not. One rides a HP2, the other doesn't. One rides a 1200GS, the other doesn't. The sun usually rises in the East but sometimes when it doesn't I get worried about global warming and .............." " Thanks Blaize, I'll have a look around!"

Wandering into the kitchen I stumbled across a strange sight. A Frenchman and a German having an English breakfast in Turkey. How bizzarre!!!

Kimingao on the left and KKTOS of this parish were refuelling after an arduous nights camping in Kas.

Old 09-16-2009, 11:49 AM   #156
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Hearing of strangers in town Mehmet my riding buddy came for a look/leer.

Jasper,on the other hand was just trying to get his head down after a night's howling at the moon

"Bugger this, I'm off to sort out the girl next door!"

Dickyb screwed with this post 09-17-2009 at 01:18 PM
Old 09-17-2009, 08:24 AM   #157
kimangao
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 657
Hi Dave,

your breakfast lastet nearly till Anamur Nearly. Somewhere near Gazipasha we had to take a load. Arrival in Anamur was close to midnight and the welcome was perfect. A bottle of Efes ....

Thanks for your trip advice, roads - and the few tracks - we took were awsome.

I'll be returning home via Kas. So if you're around for a cup of something ...

Greet Juliette for us

The german and the frenchman
Old 09-17-2009, 01:08 PM   #158
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

I was treated to tales of derring-do and general adventurism for most of the morning and had the privilege of watching a CD presentation by Kimingao. Those not in the know would do well to check out Kimingao's posts and prepare themselves for a visual feast.

All too soon it was time for the adventurers to head off. Good luck guys and take care on the road: It was a pleasure to meet you

However, Jasper was sad. "Mon cheri n'est dans la maison pas. Quelle surprise. Mais ou est mon nouveau amis avec mon fromage und Bratwurst?!" A fairly multlingual pup is Jasper

Cheers,

Dickyb
Old 09-17-2009, 01:17 PM   #159
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimangao
Hi Dave,

your breakfast lastet nearly till Anamur Nearly. Somewhere near Gazipasha we had to take a load. Arrival in Anamur was close to midnight and the welcome was perfect. A bottle of Efes ....

Thanks for your trip advice, roads - and the few tracks - we took were awsome.

I'll be returning home via Kas. So if you're around for a cup of something ...

Greet Juliette for us

The german and the frenchman
Glad to hear that the HP's suspension coped with the extra load Please let us know when you will be here, Juliet wants to see your CD presentation. Say bonjour to Thierry from us .

All the best,

Dickyb
Old 09-18-2009, 01:04 AM   #160
kktos
on a bright side of life

Oddometer: 2,345
Laugh

[quote=Dickyb]Glad to hear that the HP's suspension coped with the extra load Please let us know when you will be here, Juliet wants to see your CD presentation. Say bonjour to Thierry from us .
All the best,
Dickyb[/quote
o)
Bonjour a toi, Dave.
And guess what, Im under the impression u will see the guy sooner than you think....
Sadly for me, Ill be far away already....
The breakfast pictures are already in France..... and have been appreciated o)
as we did.
For a I-never-cook-coz-its-Jul-kingdom cook, it was a pretty great one uve made !!!!!
so, till next time.
cheers to you and Jul.
thierry

kktos screwed with this post 09-18-2009 at 01:10 AM
kktos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 02:14 AM   #161
kktos
on a bright side of life

Oddometer: 2,345
Laugh

Back at work now
So, heard u had adopted a new stray dog !
Who's playing the mechanics ? From my understanding, avoid at all costs the man to be near any tools
Have fun, Viel Spass, and post picts, damn it !

/thierry
kktos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 04:43 AM   #162
Scapadu
Motomaniac

Oddometer: 826
Quote:
Originally Posted by kktos
Back at work now
Welcome back, Comu zi? Did not hear your bike back at the office!
BTW you may have some work to do: preparing your RR and occasionnaly doing your garage sales

Saluti, a do.

Visit Corsica Corsica Photo
Scapadu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2009, 05:26 AM   #163
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

HP Sauce ............... No thanks!!

Hi Thierry,

Glad to hear you are back at work and keeping the wheels of capitalism moving .

Yep, a new stray puppy wandered into town and Juliet just had to adopt him. A rare German breed lacking the long hair, big ears, bigger paws and teeth normally associated with canines from that area. He came on board a white charger that failed to charge due to an ongoing starter motor problem. We managed to coax his steed into life after jumpstarting it down a steep slope........on the third attempt!

We then went for a ride along the Kas to Kalkan coast road trying to keep out of the path of the impending storm.

On up to Bezirgan,

(Down in the field to the left of the shot were bundles of something that had been harvested and were drying out. Dirk took out his tele whopper photo something or other and got this shot

)
and to check out a radio installation on the way,

Now children, dont get too close to radio transmitters, the results could be terrifying .

Stay long enough and the long term effects could be quite worrying..

(Dirk, however, was being more sensible and got a good shot of the view

"That'll be F5 at 1/250 with a bit of light saturating thingy on a wide angle whatsit" muttered I, being the consumate professional

)

Dickyb screwed with this post 09-23-2009 at 07:29 AM
Old 09-23-2009, 05:32 AM   #164
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

From there the two old relics went to look at some more old relics at Patara

A local Turk said for you the writing is on the wall.............he was right!

No need for pointing on these walls, remarkable craftsmanship .

Dirk got this one, spot the difference in quality and composition.

Dickyb screwed with this post 09-23-2009 at 07:32 AM
Old 09-23-2009, 05:49 AM   #165
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

With the storm seemingly wandering off away from us we headed to Saklikent to grab a trout and chips lunch.

The gorge, as ever, was spectacular.

(Dirk's view, bereft of beauties!

)

But nowhere near as spectacular as the amount of fluid a body can lose pushing a fully laden Touratech tricked BMW down a slippery road, in the wet and with a full belly. Eventually, with the help of some friendly locals, we managed to get the German puppies steed to a vet or at least my garage where she was undressed for further diagnosis..............

Text books were consulted

And the diseased part removed leaving an open wound

After much testing, cursing, scratching of heads, telephone consultations, stripping and rebuilding of the starter motor the fault was diagnosed as being a knackered starter motor clutch. Touratech are sending a replacement .

Arnold.............

and Muffin...........

are waiting patiently.

Cheers,

Dickyb

Dickyb screwed with this post 09-23-2009 at 07:37 AM