Old 10-01-2009, 01:50 AM   #196
kktos
on a bright side of life

Oddometer: 2,345
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefteris
Hey DickyB!
Nice posts!
Say halo to Dirk from Lefteris and Maria.
Lefteris
I think by now Dave strongly wish with to say Goodbye to Dirk
The guy love a bit too much the english breakfast Dave made.....
And today should be the day the new starter arrive.
kktos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:03 AM   #197
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,038
Mais non mon ami. Malhereusement le starter est non arrive pas. Mais tomorrow guaranteed. Inshallah!

Dickyb
Dickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 05:54 AM   #198
kktos
on a bright side of life

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickyb
Mais non mon ami. Malhereusement le starter est non arrive pas. Mais tomorrow guaranteed. Inshallah!
Dickyb
et merde !
I remember Dirk had to use DHL services last year.....and it was a Alptraum...
could it be worth to call the guys and ask where it is and go for a ride to fetch it ?
Old 10-01-2009, 10:07 AM   #199
strommer
Ride for balance

Oddometer: 374
I think I ran into this couple a few days ago.

I was riding from Kaş to Ankara last Sunday. I am almost certain that I ran into this couple in Antalya. It was a quick "where are you heading" sort of encounter at a traffic light in Antlaya. I believe they said they were on their way to Konya that day. Could this be them?
strommer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:17 AM   #200
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strommer

I was riding from Kaş to Ankara last Sunday. I am almost certain that I ran into this couple in Antalya. It was a quick "where are you heading" sort of encounter at a traffic light in Antlaya. I believe they said they were on their way to Konya that day. Could this be them?
Could be Strommer. They were heading to Cappadocia via Konya and then first right at the next roundabout and into Nepal riding a 650 V Strom.

You should have dropped in for breakfast .

Cheers,

Dickyb
Old 10-01-2009, 10:31 AM   #201
strommer
Ride for balance

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickyb
Could be Strommer. They were heading to Cappadocia via Konya and then first right at the next roundabout and into Nepal riding a 650 V Strom.

You should have dropped in for breakfast .

Cheers,

Dickyb
Ahhhh....thank you for the offer for breakfast. I will take it up next time. Last weekend I was riding from Bodrum to Data to Kaş to Ankara on a three day spree and I had no clue where I would end up exactly at the end of each day, or I would have made contact beforehand. There will be a ride report.

If you venture out here to my flatlands, you are always welcome for breakfast or a brew.

One question: I ended up in Kaş Saturday evening and I think I saw that England stickered blue machine parked in a town square ? Could that be? Say about 6 pm'ish.

PS: Yep, now looking at their yellow plates I recognize the Belgian couple to be the same couple I ran into in Antalya. Small world.

Statement: I am jealous of all of you for being so lucky as to live down there as ADV Riders. Envy may be a better word.
Old 10-01-2009, 11:16 AM   #202
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

One question: I ended up in Kaş Saturday evening and I think I saw that England stickered blue machine parked in a town square ? Could that be? Say about 6 pm'ish.

PS: Yep, now looking at their yellow plates I recognize the Belgian couple to be the same couple I ran into in Antalya. Small world.

Statement: I am jealous of all of you for being so lucky as to live down there as ADV Riders. Envy may be a better word.[/quote]

That will have been me and Dirk calling in at Cafe Mola to check on DHL's lack of an express sevice .

Having the father-in-law somewhat limits any far flung adventures but do let us know when you will be in town.

Cheers,

Dickyb
Old 10-01-2009, 11:23 AM   #203
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

..........The crazy German half expecting a submarine to emerge from the depths with a starter motor strapped to its conning tower . I got him out of the sun, he's a bit better now!

Cheers,

Dickyb
Old 10-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #204
strommer
Ride for balance

Scene

So here is the scene I recall: I was out of gear and in a bit of a rush to get photos before losing the light. I had walked through that square one hour ago this time just as I was walking through a second time a ATGATT rider in white mx boots (you?) steps out of a cafe 20 yards ahead of me, puts on the helmet, gets on bike and blasts away. In the cafe seated to the right are 3 or 4 other English speakers. I remember thinking at least one has to be a rider because there was gear (?). All this happens in less than 20 seconds. I keep walking. Had I seen the HP or a ADV sticker I would certainly have introduced myself.

On a less sentimental note: I am sure you have no problem with the language as you have Turkish friends but if shipping issues persist and additional pressure can help, I am happy to call whoever needs to be called and give them err... impetus. I got another German rider new boots shipped from Istanbul to a really remote part of the country recently so I am in shape for this. But that was not DHL. Anyway, let me know. I will be out of country as of Friday morning, return Saturday night.
Old 10-01-2009, 03:44 PM   #205
Dave-in-Turkey
Mild Mannered Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Hey Dave,

Your back....and what great photos...New camera???

I have bought the Mrs. a bike also now, we have had only one ride out so far, too bloody hot this summer, we rode to some place I forget the name off, then got a boat over to St.Nicholas island to see where Father Christmas was first burried.

Glad your back mate,

Cheers,

Dave...

IF YOU DON'T RIDE, YOU DON'T KNOW.....
Dave-in-Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2009, 10:59 PM   #206
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave-in-Turkey
Hey Dave,

Your back....and what great photos...New camera???

I have bought the Mrs. a bike also now, we have had only one ride out so far, too bloody hot this summer, we rode to some place I forget the name off, then got a boat over to St.Nicholas island to see where Father Christmas was first burried.

Glad your back mate,

Cheers,

Dave...
Ey up Dave. Likewise I wondered where you were. Good to hear from you. No new camera, same old cheap Kodak point and shoot thingymebob. However, Dirk the crazy German who has been staying with us is a photo journalist. I've been getting lessons in exchange for bacon butties .

Enjoyed reading about your European jaunt. Brought back memories of unpredictable weather, nights of fitful or no sleep whilst camping, red tired gritty eyeballs and the constant yearning for ones own bed. And as for the bad times...........

Cheers,

Dickyb
Old 10-01-2009, 11:13 PM   #207
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by strommer
So here is the scene I recall: I was out of gear and in a bit of a rush to get photos before losing the light. I had walked through that square one hour ago this time just as I was walking through a second time a ATGATT rider in white mx boots (you?) steps out of a cafe 20 yards ahead of me, puts on the helmet, gets on bike and blasts away. In the cafe seated to the right are 3 or 4 other English speakers. I remember thinking at least one has to be a rider because there was gear (?). All this happens in less than 20 seconds. I keep walking. Had I seen the HP or a ADV sticker I would certainly have introduced myself.

On a less sentimental note: I am sure you have no problem with the language as you have Turkish friends but if shipping issues persist and additional pressure can help, I am happy to call whoever needs to be called and give them err... impetus. I got another German rider new boots shipped from Istanbul to a really remote part of the country recently so I am in shape for this. But that was not DHL. Anyway, let me know. I will be out of country as of Friday morning, return Saturday night.
Hi Strommer,

Yes it was me with my shiny boots dashing off to get provisions for the family after a ride out with Dirk.

Thanks for the offer of help but THE FORCE IS WİTH US in the shape of Emine the owner of Cafe Mula

What she lacks in stature, she's about four foot nothing in her high heels, she makes up for in ferocity . On overhearing the verbal battering she was giving DHL on the phone I had to seek out a safe place to hide in case I became collateral damage. Oh my, how the shrapnel flew

Cheers,

Dickyb
Old 10-02-2009, 12:10 AM   #208
kktos
on a bright side of life

I've thinking.......
dirk should ask DHL to become a sponsor for his later trips.....

ok, I'm out.
Old 10-02-2009, 05:21 AM   #209
kktos
on a bright side of life

heard u got it.... this f-word starter. at last !
freedom
Old 10-02-2009, 07:20 AM   #210
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

And he's off!

Where is it?

Hey, there it is

It works

Time to go

Muffin was sad