Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-12-2009, 11:57 AM   #121
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,038

Lots of melt water coming down from the hills.

A tad too much in places

Dickyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2009, 12:06 PM   #122
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Durng the summer these pastures are tended by goatherders and shepherds. There's nobody around now though

On to the lake

Um, nice

So nice we did it again

Dickyb screwed with this post 04-20-2009 at 06:07 AM
Old 04-12-2009, 12:19 PM   #123
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

.....................past some more melted snow

and one of these

to a small village near Gombe where apple growing a plenty takes place

Old 04-12-2009, 12:27 PM   #124
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

......................this village had SEVEN mosques, one on every street corner Each, it would seem, trying to outdo the next in terms of grandeur. Who pays for them goodness only knows. Maybe the villagers have a whip round for the one at the end of their street. The magnificence of the mosques contrasts starkly with the local houses

Old 04-12-2009, 12:34 PM   #125
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

...........................I thought I had told Zeki to leave the kids at home but we found them playing around unattended

Good job Donk was keeping order

Cheers,

Dickyb
Old 04-20-2009, 12:22 AM   #126
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

More of the same

This Sunday we decided to do last weeks loop anti-clockwise and take in Dokuz Gol and a bit of snow. Zeki on his XR650 and Bayram on his Yam XT350. On with the piccies.

Zeki likes to ride tracks sideways!

There are some pretty impressive old cedar trees in this neck of the woods, if you'll pardon the pun!

And the remnants of winter snow. Zeki thought it would be an idea to follow this track. Well, it was an idea I'll grant him that, though maybe not one of his better ones! An hours puffing and panting saw us back where we had started.

Oops more snow. Bang it in second and give it bags of throttle said Zeki in Turkish as he cleared the drift.

I banged it in second but not knowing the Turkish for throttle ended up body skiing!

Time for a spot of lunch and more talking biking bollocks.

Then back to Girdev Gol and home

Zeki let me have a go on his buyuk kirmizi domuz (Big Red Pig). For an hour I tried to stop the back wheel excavating the local landscape and reassuring myself that pain, in the event of an imminent get-off was only a state of mind. My nerves, and the fact that I haven't yet got round to purchasing medical insurance, eventually got the better of me and I handed it back to Zeki. You BRP riders have my utmost respect. I'll stick to the TT!

Cheers,

Dickyb

Dickyb screwed with this post 04-20-2009 at 09:18 AM
Old 04-20-2009, 03:04 PM   #127
Dave-in-Turkey
Mild Mannered Adventurer

Oddometer: 429
Hey Dave,

Very nice piccies again mate, it looks very much like Switzerland up your neck of the woods, we still have not got up to the snow line here...every time I try to organise some off roading up the mountains everyone crys off ''Because its cold''

Cheers

Dave..

IF YOU DON'T RIDE, YOU DON'T KNOW.....
Dave-in-Turkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2009, 12:58 AM   #128
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Cheers Dave,

Been reading yours and Jaqhammers preps for the upcoming adventure. There are definitely two different approaches being taken re the trip. One slightly more casual than the other.

Have you checked the wear limit markers on your pads. Anywhere near the limit and I would change them 'cos you have a fair few miles, two-up, before you reach Blighty.

You've had a few changes already this year, what with the house move, operations and all. 2009 is going to be a memorable year

Cheers,

Dickyb
Old 04-24-2009, 01:57 AM   #129
Dave-in-Turkey
Mild Mannered Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickyb
Cheers Dave,

Been reading yours and Jaqhammers preps for the upcoming adventure. There are definitely two different approaches being taken re the trip. One slightly more casual than the other.

Have you checked the wear limit markers on your pads. Anywhere near the limit and I would change them 'cos you have a fair few miles, two-up, before you reach Blighty.

You've had a few changes already this year, what with the house move, operations and all. 2009 is going to be a memorable year

Cheers,

Dickyb

Hi Dave,

Yes the trip is very near now, the Mrs. and I are excited like a pair of kids before Christmas....so we have decided to go sooner, perhaps next week.

Casul approach??.....what can you do, Jaqs from Austrailia, casual is in thier blood 2009 has indeed been a year and a half so far!!

It's going to be too much work writing 2 blogs on the road, I will keep mine up to date www.travelswithmymotorbike.wordpress.com and post on ADV later on, did you decide about the tent and bikers for this year?

Cheers

Dave..

Old 04-24-2009, 02:29 AM   #130
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Hi Dave,

Tents, accommodation, etc on hold. Got enough on with looking after 90 year old father-in-law while Juliet keeps whizzing off to Antalya to take her friend for cancer treatment, something which will be ongoing for an indeterminate length of time.

Had a look at your blog. It's a good read. Was particularly interested in the little Flip camera. I've been looking for something similar but have been put off by the price of some of the helmet cams on the market. Currently I'm using an old camcorder which is a real pain in the bum, not to mention heavy for carrying.

Cheers,

Dickyb
Old 04-24-2009, 08:09 AM   #131
Dave-in-Turkey
Mild Mannered Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dickyb
Hi Dave,

Tents, accommodation, etc on hold. Got enough on with looking after 90 year old father-in-law while Juliet keeps whizzing off to Antalya to take her friend for cancer treatment, something which will be ongoing for an indeterminate length of time.

Had a look at your blog. It's a good read. Was particularly interested in the little Flip camera. I've been looking for something similar but have been put off by the price of some of the helmet cams on the market. Currently I'm using an old camcorder which is a real pain in the bum, not to mention heavy for carrying.

Cheers,

Dickyb

Hi Dave,

I would be happy to bring a cheap camera back for you, send me the link from ether currys or pc world website because I will be going in both shops when I reach UK, I would have to take it out of the pakaging though, customs.

Put the link on my other blog, that way I can easily refer to it when I reach Blighty.

Cheers

Dave..

Old 04-25-2009, 01:20 AM   #132
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Thanks Dave..

....for the kind offer. Juliet is back in Blighty at the beginning of May for a couple of Christenings so she will be able to bring one back.

Cheers,

Dickyb
Old 04-25-2009, 05:51 AM   #133
Cloud9
I was HERE?

Oddometer: 1,879
Thanks for the rides. VERY beautiful country!!
Cloud9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-26-2009, 06:30 AM   #134
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Cheers Cloud9,

I'm just off to get the newspapers ................

Cheers,

Dickyb
Old 04-26-2009, 06:37 AM   #135
Dickyb OP
Bewildered Adventurer

Off to Tescos for the newspapers

Along with plenty of eye candy the tourist season heralds the arrival of English newspapers . During the winter months the 90 year old father in law more or less remains glued to the goggle box watching endless repeats of CSI, CSI Miami, CSI New York, NCIS, Inspector Morse, Lewis, Midsommer Murders, etc. In fact not only could he now qualify as a pathologist and scenes of crime investigator he'd prpbably put up a good show in the running for any Chief Constables vacancy that came up. Anyway, all this crime malarky doesn't guarantee me a good nights kip so the arrival of newspapers not only gives the telly a chance to cool down but me an excuse for a ride

So I left the ferocious kitty to guard the equally frightening guard dog and headed off to Kalkan

along the coast road

past Karputas beach with it's first visitors of the year!

Dickyb screwed with this post 04-26-2009 at 06:43 AM