ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2008, 11:52 AM   #1
Tellico Camper OP
Serving since lunch

Oddometer: 356
WNC Camp and Ride Rally! Nov 6,7,8th

Crawfords Campground and Cabin Rentals, Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters and TnAdvRider are putting on a camp and ride rally Nov. 6,7, 8th.
Base camp will be a Crawfords Campground and Cabin Rentals for the three days. We will be providing continental breakfast each morning and a cookout dinner for Sat. Nov. 8th. The ride will consist on a laid back afternoon ride on the Thur. Nov. 6th for the early arrivers. Fri. Nov 7th will be a routed ride starting at 0900hrs-we get back to camp. Sat. Nov 8th will be a routed ride starting at 0900hrs-until we get back at camp. Dinner will start at 1830hrs+. Sun 9th will be a laid back ride in the morning or you can venture out on your own.
These rides will not be hardcore technical routes. We will have bail outs for those with Mechanical, physical and/or emotional issues. We a
Admission will be normal camping/cabin rates+$15 per rider, breakfast and dinner included.
This will be considered a family event and we encourage you to bring them. There are a lot of things to do in this area from Hiking, Mountian Biking, White water rafting/kyaking, Horse Back Riding, Trout Fishing, Flea markets, and a whole lot of in town entertainment. We don't think the spouses or children will get board. Something else to mention is the dates of this event should be in the height of the Leaf Change...Bring the cameras and BYOB!
Cut off for registration will be Oct. 15th. Johnny Come Lately add $5 to the fee. Registered riders will receive a wrist band and event decal.

Tellico Camper screwed with this post 08-17-2008 at 05:37 AM
Tellico Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:12 PM   #2
xKLR_John
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 855
Sounds like a deal....

You're saying I can stay in a tent at a primitive site and for $20/day get breakfast+dinner+guided dual sport ride?

Anyone else interested in this?
xKLR_John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2008, 12:47 PM   #3
Tellico Camper OP
Serving since lunch

Hello,
Yes that is true, just a little clarification is needed. The event is three days. You will pay for the thee days of camping+$15 per rider event fee. Some may primitive camp, water elec or RV. Some will want the bunky cabins or fully equipped cabins. You will get breakfast the morning of FrI.7th,Sat.8th and Sun.9th. In addition you we will provide Sat. cook out Dinner. The rides are guided for those that want to be led around or self guided for those wanting to check out the area themselves as we will pass out route sheets. This is a promotional event for us. This is a great opportunity to get the Dual Sporting community together to socialize not necessary a money maker for us.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:01 PM   #4
Tellico Camper OP
Serving since lunch

WNC Camp and Ride! Nov. 6,7,8th

Crawfords Campground and Cabin Rentals, Tellico Motorcycle Outfitters and TnAdvRider are putting on a camp and ride rally Nov. 6,7, 8th.
Base camp will be a Crawfords Campground and Cabin Rentals for the three days. We will be providing continental breakfast each morning and a cookout dinner for Sat. Nov. 8th. The ride will consist on a laid back afternoon ride on the Thur. Nov. 6th for the early arrivers. Fri. Nov 7th will be a routed ride starting at 0900hrs-we get back to camp. Sat. Nov 8th will be a routed ride starting at 0900hrs-until we get back at camp. Dinner will start at 1830hrs+. Sun 9th will be a laid back ride in the morning or you can venture out on your own.
These rides will not be hardcore technical routes. We will have bail outs for those with Mechanical, physical and/or emotional issues.
Right now as it stands the admission will be normal camping/cabin rates+$15 per rider.
This will be considered a family event and we encourage you to bring them. There are a lot of things to do in this area from Hiking, Mountian Biking, White water rafting/kyaking, Horse Back Riding, Trout Fishing, Flea markets, and a whole lot of in town entertainment. Something else to mention is the dates of this event should be in the height of the Leaf Change...Bring the cameras and BYOB!
Cut off for registration will be Oct. 15th. Johnny Come Lately add $5 to the fee. Registered riders will receive a wrist band and event decal.
Call today to reserve your spot today!
828-837-9077
Old 08-25-2008, 01:47 PM   #5
Tellico Camper OP
Serving since lunch

Western NC Camp and Ride Rally!

We are putting on a camp and ride rally Nov 6,7,8th. The ride will consist of three days of your choice of guided or self guided rides. Continental breakfast and a cook out dinner Sat. night. The cost is regular camping rates+$15 per rider. We encourage bringing out the family as there are tons of things to do in the area.

The ride is open to all experience levels as this will not be a hard core ride. Typical scenic moutain gravel roads. The leaves with be in full color and the temp cooooool! If you want more technical riding opportunities or just want to check out the area, come and stay with us any other time and I will show you around the area. I am always looking for folks to ride with!

If interested please go to www.crawfordsattellico.com for more info. We are cutting registration off the second week of Oct. so, please call and make your reservations se we can put together the food list for the event.

Danny
Old 09-03-2008, 04:54 PM   #6
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,596
Just a bump for this. Any DOGs wanna head up?

Is this a big bike or thumper type ride?
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:31 PM   #7
RAW
stamen in the sniffer

Oddometer: 3,838
I've been wanting to check out Crawford's.
But I don't know that a family "camp n' ride" would be the time for me to do it.
Old 09-03-2008, 05:35 PM   #8
kdscoates
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,477
i hope this one want be as SHITTY as you last trip raw

quote from 4runner "but,if you really need a 80/20 , which most of us do and won't admit it,"
kdscoates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:39 PM   #9
flux_capacitor
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,596
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates

You think you can go? Cabin?
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 06:46 PM   #10
knybanjo
kinda slow

Oddometer: 22,860
Quote:
Originally Posted by flux_capacitor
You think you can go? Cabin?

:ymca

Old 09-03-2008, 08:21 PM   #11
RAW
stamen in the sniffer

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdscoates

Well, technically, my last trip was to WNC (and it was perfect).

But . . . the trip with Meathead . . . I sure hope I never feel heat exhaustion like that again. At least now I know--I gotta replace my electrolytes!!

Did I see that you're selling your KTM? What's up with that?
Old 09-03-2008, 08:22 PM   #12
RAW
stamen in the sniffer

November might be a little chilly for my hammock.
Hmmmmm . . . but maybe I should view it as a challenge.
Old 09-04-2008, 04:11 AM   #13
Tellico Camper OP
Serving since lunch

Hey guys,
Things are evolving and it looks like the interest is picking up. Not sure how many will bring the family, but if they do they will be welcome. Our place is big enough that I can seperate the ones that feel they can't control themselves. We handle very large events and deal with several different clubs. I place those who want to be together in groups and stagically place the others that want to be away from them. As long as people are respectful, we have not had a problem. You got to understand something about us, we have always been an offroad oriented park and a place for the weekend warriors. The guys usually come in late on Fri after work, stay up for a few too many hours shooting the BS and telling lies around the campfire, then get up real eary to ride all day at the Tellico OHV area. They usually feel like crap all day and crash on Sat. night. Great people, not the typical rednecks as most would expect. The rock crawling community are dealing with the same public perception that the Harley Riders had. The majority of these type of 4x4 guys have professional jobs...which they have to be just to afford it. There whole deal is to destoy their toys. Big money to fix them for the next trip.
I have even even talked to folks while out on the trails and the all look at my bike and think it is a motorcross bike and that I am racing all over the place tearing up things.
Old 09-04-2008, 05:28 AM   #14
ilmostro
Under Da Sea

Oddometer: 29,249
FYI:

3 threads in the same forum (not to mention your 2 in Vendors and 1 in the NE forum) is unacceptable.

I've merged all your threads together and resisted stuffing them all in Vendors.

Consider this your warning shot across the bow.

Your friendly neighboUrhood moderator.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:19 AM   #15
wickedthunder.com
Who's leading?!

Oddometer: 494
Just reserved a site and will be trailering up Thursday. 3 of us confirmed to go at this point with another 2-3 maybes. Can't wait!!!

Hopefully we'll have good weather all weekend and get in some good riding, food, fun, take a lot of pics & make some new DS friends...
1411-A Hickory Blvd. SE
Lenoir, NC 28645
828-728-7633
M-F 9:30-5:30pm EST

06 DRZ400S (Blue)
03 GSXR1000 (Silver) "The Beast"
wickedthunder.com is offline   Reply With Quote