ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2008, 10:37 AM   #16
Tellico Camper OP
Serving since lunch

Oddometer: 356
Look forward to meeting you folks. I put in a special request for 70 degrees, sunny with a slight breeze. Still waiting for a reply.

See Ya!
Old 10-15-2008, 07:13 AM   #17
baglien
Trail Master

Oddometer: 156
Hey, for those of us that live near Murphy, can we pay the $15 and get breakfast/dinnner, stickers and the routes?

Thanks!
baglien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2008, 01:57 PM   #18
Tellico Camper OP
Serving since lunch

Hey,
You can register for the event and pay for the Primitive camping $5 per day. You can choose to stay with us or go home every night if you like. Either way you will get use of the facilities while you are here with everyone else. That will be the cheapest way out.

See ya,
Old 10-24-2008, 11:04 AM   #19
wickedthunder.com
Who's leading?!

Oddometer: 494
Bump

The Fuzzy Beaver Rally's getting closer guys so don't miss out. Call Danny and get your spot reserved & register.

Last I spoke with him he mentioned they've hosted several 4x4 rallies being so close to Tellico, but this is their 1st effort at a motorcycle gathering. So let's get out there and show him our support. Yeah, it might be getting colder but you can just add a few extra layers of clothes.
1411-A Hickory Blvd. SE
Lenoir, NC 28645
828-728-7633
M-F 9:30-5:30pm EST

06 DRZ400S (Blue)
03 GSXR1000 (Silver) "The Beast"
wickedthunder.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 12:10 PM   #20
CaptD
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 200
I camped at Crawfords for 5 nights in June after the Hooch Dual Sport Ride. Its a nice campground and the riding there is very scenic. Lots of places to see and explore. I'll be coming up for this rally early/mid week and will stay Sunday night and maybe Monday also if any other riders should want to stay and ride. Capt D.
CaptD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2008, 08:29 AM   #21
Tellico Camper OP
Serving since lunch

Last minute head count.

It seems we are having some difficulty with attendance. So, I will give it until Fri. (10/31) for those on the fence. If we can't get a decent showing, I will postpone the ride until next spring. No matter what I will still offer guided rides for those still wanting to come up for the weekend with no event fee. Something I do often for those staying with us anyway.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:38 AM   #22
Tellico Camper OP
Serving since lunch

Fuzzy Beaver Rally Postponed until spring.

Folks I am sad to say that due to the lack of attendance, We have to postpone the actual rally. Cost and schedules are conflicting, though the weather will be perfect. The good news is that even though this will not be an offical rally, I am still continuing with the mission in that we will still be riding on the mentioned dates and I will be smoking some Boston Butts for Sat. night for the ones that are still making the journey. No extra costs other than camping. Looks like about a dozen of so still coming. If you can make it come on, if not try to make it in the Spring. Please call me if you plan on coming out as I would hate to short you on some fine BBQ.

Thanks
Old 11-01-2008, 10:13 AM   #23
CaptD
Gnarly Adventurer

Boston Butts???

Fine BBQ is good but what the heck are Boston Butts? Does it go better with beer or Capt. Morgan? Is it hot, medium or mild. I'll bring the antacids just in case. Capt. D.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:45 AM   #24
Tellico Camper OP
Serving since lunch

Boston Butt Receipe

Capt D,
Let me explain the whole process to you. The cut of Boston Butt is a little confusing to some as it is actually the top of the shoulder of a hog. Considered as a relatively worthless cut of meat, due to it being tough and stringy. However, if cooked slowly at a temp of 200-250 degrees for a period of 12 hrs the collagen brakes down and the fat dissolves making this virtually worthless piece of meat a BBQ masterpiece of tender, juicy and flavorable work of art. It is recommended that the fully thawed piece of meat to sit a room temperature for a period of one hour. Then you remove as much of the surface moisture as possible with paper towels prior to liberally sprinkling your favorite pork rub spice covering the entire piece of meat. During this time you would have already gotten the coals hot from a hard wood species of your choice. Most choose Oak, Hickory or Apple wood due to the mild spoke flavors of these type of smoking woods produce. You place the Boston Butt onto the grill of the smoker and spray the meat down with a mixture of 1/2 apple juice 1/2 water every couple of hours. Now it is time to wait. After 12 hours of baby sitting the smoker to make sure that it maintains the recommended heat you will then remove the meat from the smoker. I recommend that you wrap the butt tightly in aluminum foil and throw into a dry cooler chest. After letting the butt rest for 1 hr. the temperature will be cool enough to handle and you may then pull the meat apart. This process is one of the most rewarding of a successfully cooked butt as the bone will be removed without any effort and the meat will just fall apart. Any left over fat will be picked out and some leave a little of the smoked crust mixed in for some extra flavor. I like to serve dry and have some Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce on the side, others may like to drown it. One thing is for sure about pulled pork, it is hard to mess it up. If you mess up and rush, it will be a little chewy. Over cook it and it will be a little dry...No matter what you will expect a lot of smiles from the people that eat it. NOW THAT MAKES ME HUNGRY!!!!!
P.S. You can wash it down with a fine red wine, beer or liquor of your choice-just bring enough to share with the whole class!
Old 11-02-2008, 08:58 AM   #25
CaptD
Gnarly Adventurer

Thanks for that detailed info Danny. I was thinking hot dogs. So someone has to watch the meat/grill/wood for 12 hours so it will come out good? I've heard of guys putting a pig in the ground at 5 am so it can cook all day. I have even seen specialized pig cookers made out of wood. The pig goes in and the coals/wood goes on top and the cooking takes all day. Thats a days job for sure. I'll bring up some Pat's Ho Made BBQ Sauce for the meal. Capt D.
Old 11-02-2008, 10:40 AM   #26
Tellico Camper OP
Serving since lunch

Sounds Good. There may a handful of other folks coming on top of what reserved. The weather is going to be great. In the 70's all week...I guess my request was answered. Have a safe trip up!
Old 11-03-2008, 11:49 AM   #27
bullet370
n00b

Oddometer: 8
Its hard to pass up some good butt.
Looks like the weather will be great also.
Cant wait. Looks like I will be bringing 4 with.
(the Wicked Thunder bunch)
bullet370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2008, 11:58 AM   #28
dlrides
1:1.618

Oddometer: 5,069
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tellico Camper
Folks I am sad to say that due to the lack of attendance,

Thanks
Nov. 6,7,8 = thurs, fri, sat.

Might not have to look any further.
dlrides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2008, 05:21 AM   #29
Tellico Camper OP
Serving since lunch

Thanks, I have been working out.
Old 11-10-2008, 05:15 AM   #30
VStromNC
DNS/DNF

Oddometer: 745
Great DS ride up in the mountains. View was unbelievable! Danny w/ Crawford Campground was a great host both at the campground and as a guide on our DS ride. Thanks also to a gentleman named "Blue" who doesn't have a computer but took us on the 120+ mile DS ride on Saturday.

Great meeting everyone and looking forward to the official DS Rally in Spring.