Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2008, 06:57 AM   #76
levain
STILL Jim Williams

Oddometer: 7,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerrocop
I tried out the 1200 but as soon as I got on a 1150 I was sold!!!

I only wish I did the same! When I bought my 1200, there was an 06 1150 on the floor at Max NH. I was so taken with the 1200, and, all the hype, I didn't even give it a chance.
Well, I bought that 1200. Had some problems with it. Lost all enthusiasm for BMW in general, and, traded it in on a Tiger 1050. GREAT bike! Awesome bike! But, it still wasn't working for me. Sold that, and, bought an 04 1150 ADV, and, it is the best bike I've ever owned! Miss the motor on the 1050, but, that's it. this 1150 is everything I need in a motorcycle.

Live and learn!
levain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 09:49 AM   #77
wolfduke
wolfduke

Oddometer: 57
Really Nice Bikes on this Thread!

The 06 1150GS Adventures are really nice. I looked all over and couldn't find one. In the end I found an 04 silver one which I'm lucky to have found. Anyhow, not to hijack your thread, but I found this on fleabay (Item number: 220273874521) and was surprised nobody has jumped on it. It looks like a beauty! Is it too high priced for not having any extras?? I don't think so considering I paid around 10K for my silver one... Jerome
wolfduke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:14 AM   #78
aan
OldNavy

Oddometer: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Radioman
#560.

after a long day of riding

Hi, hows your HP Gobi perform in the extreme condition. Have you ever fall with your Gobi's? Still intact? I just purchased full set Gobi's like you on my 03 1150GS.
96 VN800C
aan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 10:18 AM   #79
bradatlarge
Insha'Allah

Oddometer: 12,184
hmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea man
Eric, thanks for all your work on the registry. There is one of these fine bikes on Ebay right now (not mine or anyone I know) and one in NM at Sandia. (I am not Sandia nor do I own Sandia) Maybe these FF's can add to our numbers.

+1 on thanks to Eric.

The eBay post suggests that there are only 60 of these bikes in the USA. Interesting!?!?!?
Old 09-01-2008, 10:26 AM   #80
ericb67
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 585
OK... so here is what I've found out through my semi-secret BMW source after he scoured the BMW database. The lowest US 2006 BMW R1150GS Adventure number is 424, the highest is 595. That means there were 171 US bikes. That's a few more than I thought, but still really low. We believe there were more produced for the worldwide market, but most of the production run came to the US. I've heard from several sources that these bikes may have been originally destined to be Authority (Police) units but orders did not materialize. BMW also made the R1150RT Authority bikes through 2006, switching to the R1200RT in very late 2006.

SO... 171 units... not bad! That's lower than the R1100S/Light at 200 units!
2006 R1150GS Adventure Registry

"No hour of life is wasted that is spent in the saddle." - Winston Churchill

"We are all destined to die, some choose to live while alive" - Davo Jones - RIP
ericb67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 01:46 PM   #81
IceCreamSoldier
suffering somewhere

Oddometer: 481
Registry

Hi y'all,

I bought Renoflyboys 06 R1150 GSA. The last three numbers on the vin are 575. I'm new to the GS bike, last bike was an R1100RT. If I struggle with the tallness factor, I'll be looking for a lower seat. In the meantime, I'll be disproving that " the only dumb question is the one you don't ask".

I'm in Roseville, near Sacramento.

Paul Franze
IceCreamSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 02:34 PM   #82
idea man OP
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
Hey Paul;
Welcome to our midst. We'll look forward to seeing the pics of your new bike. We're still trying to track down the complete real story on this rare limited edition motorcycle.
Here is something of an old press release I found on the internet. From an actual BMW dealer and everything.

"LIMITED: 2006 BMW R1150GS Adventure in Alpine White Metallic. This Limited Edition GS was built to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the GS line and is the last of the R1150GSs. There will only be 120 imported into the US. Production has already ceased and Bob’s has a limited quantity of these bikes available now at $15,850."

I wonder if BMW gave a different story to each dealership. Their own little mind games to see which marketing strategy works the best.

Renoflyboys attempt to sell his bike and the responses that received was sort of the genesis of this whole thread. You're knee deep in in now.
Welcome again.
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 03:26 PM   #83
IceCreamSoldier
suffering somewhere

Oddometer: 481
Quote:
Originally Posted by idea man
Hey Paul;
Welcome to our midst. We'll look forward to seeing the pics of your new bike. We're still trying to track down the complete real story on this rare limited edition motorcycle.
Here is something of an old press release I found on the internet. From an actual BMW dealer and everything.

"LIMITED: 2006 BMW R1150GS Adventure in Alpine White Metallic. This Limited Edition GS was built to celebrate the 25th anniversary of the GS line and is the last of the R1150GSs. There will only be 120 imported into the US. Production has already ceased and Bob’s has a limited quantity of these bikes available now at $15,850."

I wonder if BMW gave a different story to each dealership. Their own little mind games to see which marketing strategy works the best.

Renoflyboys attempt to sell his bike and the responses that received was sort of the genesis of this whole thread. You're knee deep in in now.
Welcome again.

Thanks. Yes, after I read this thread I called him, drove to Reno the next day to ride it. So now I am waiting for my proof of insurance to arrive so I can get plates and then the pictures will follow. It's been pretty agonizing having it in the garage during a three day weekend.

oh, it is an interesting blurb from Bob's. The key phrase is "will be" ????? FWIW, when Renoflyboy bought his with 500 miles on the clock, it had an Oregon plate on it.
IceCreamSoldier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 04:22 PM   #84
MT Don
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
I have one...bought it new (zero miles) from BMW of Salt Lake...#521...Love it.

Don
MT Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2008, 07:23 PM   #85
idea man OP
Plate Spinner

Oddometer: 2,513
Welcome

Welcome boys. Post 'em up.
[*]'06 1150 GSA Thread: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=375824[*]'06 1150 GSA SE Registry: http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html[*]Great Ride North, Alaska/Yukon '09 http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=494846[/LIST]
idea man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 10:46 PM   #86
Big Nick
Deep in SE Asia

Oddometer: 414
First Bike into USA.

Hello,

I believe that my bike was the first one ordered in the USA. I bought it from Max BMW in NH when I arrived there in September 2005. My bike was one of 2 into the store and the first batch delivered into the USA. I ordered the bike when it wasn't listed in the US as I had heard of it whilst working in Berlin.

Here are a few shots of my bike, starting in the USA, moving to UK and then now in Turkey. Bike now has 20kmiles on it from 3 continent riding.

Nick.
Delivery day

Boston, Beacon Hill, Home for 12 months

First ride out into white mountains

Maine

Nova Scotia

Moved to UK

Registered as a UK bike

Now living in Turkey.....for a while until I move again, the bike will follow.
Old 09-05-2008, 06:02 AM   #87
MT Don
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 121
What is the deal with the accent color on the tank...some are blue and some are red? Mine is blue.

Don
MT Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 06:12 AM   #88
Big Nick
Deep in SE Asia

Oddometer: 414
Quote:
Originally Posted by MT Don
What is the deal with the accent color on the tank...some are blue and some are red? Mine is blue.

Don
The red ones are replacements, probably owner preference, they come off if heated by a hairdryer or the tank was damaged and replaced. The bike was spec with blue accent colour and blue/ grey seat, blue and black model details on back rack.

Police bikes are indeed white but they are glossy in finish. The British Forces have white ANPR bikes (Automatic Number plate recognition)

Nick
Old 09-05-2008, 06:36 AM   #89
ericb67
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nick
The red ones are replacements, probably owner preference, they come off if heated by a hairdryer or the tank was damaged and replaced. The bike was spec with blue accent colour and blue/ grey seat, blue and black model details on back rack.

Police bikes are indeed white but they are glossy in finish. The British Forces have white ANPR bikes (Automatic Number plate recognition)

Nick
Hi Nick,
If you would like to provide the last three numbers of your VIN I would be happy to add you to the registry!
Thanks,
Eric
http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html

"We are all destined to die, some choose to live while alive" - Davo Jones - RIP
Old 09-05-2008, 06:38 AM   #90
ericb67
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big Nick

Nick
One more thing Nick, if we can add your photos to the gallery please let me know. I can lift them right from this page.
Thanks!
Eric
http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html