ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > GSpot > GS Boxers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 11-28-2011, 02:59 PM   #1111
darrell
Long Time BMW Rider
 
Joined: Jan 2004
Location: Minnesota
Oddometer: 267
Cutting the Screen Down

I went to a local plastics factory a few miles from me that makes custom plastic parts for cars, boats, planes, etc and they cut it down and sanded the edges down so it looks like to came from zTechnik this way.

I also like the support bar they added to stabilize the windshield so all flexing is gone while riding.
__________________
Darrell
darrell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 07:54 PM   #1112
Dulsprtrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dulsprtrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: O.C. So Cal
Oddometer: 254
Please help

Not in the market any longer unless you have something really special and close so I can see it first hand.
Thanks, Happy New Year! Ride safe........

If anyone out there has a line on a 2006 1150 GSA for sale please let me know.
Thanks
MM
__________________
Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.

Dulsprtrider screwed with this post 01-02-2012 at 03:25 PM
Dulsprtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:04 PM   #1113
PecosBill
Get off my f'n lawn!
 
PecosBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: The State of Jefferson
Oddometer: 41,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulsprtrider View Post
If anyone out there has a line on a 2006 1150 GSA for sale please let me know.
Thanks
MM
Hmmm... How bad do you want one?


__________________
"Am I not a man? And is a man not stupid? I'm a man, so I married. Wife, children, house, everything. The full catastrophe." Zorba the Greek

Save $5 on your new SmugMug account, go to: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=K0vxRpKbulMhM
PecosBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:19 PM   #1114
Dulsprtrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dulsprtrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: O.C. So Cal
Oddometer: 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
Hmmm... How bad do you want one?


Tempt me with some pic's and a price, I might just surprise you!
__________________
Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
Dulsprtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:23 PM   #1115
PecosBill
Get off my f'n lawn!
 
PecosBill's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2007
Location: The State of Jefferson
Oddometer: 41,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulsprtrider View Post
Tempt me with some pic's and a price, I might just surprise you!

There are pics on the first page, and since it still has under 12k miles, it looks exactly the same. As far as price, you'd have to tempt me. I love her, but I just never have time to exercise her. That doesn't mean I want to sell her, but who knows... try tempting me.
__________________
"Am I not a man? And is a man not stupid? I'm a man, so I married. Wife, children, house, everything. The full catastrophe." Zorba the Greek

Save $5 on your new SmugMug account, go to: https://secure.smugmug.com/signup?Coupon=K0vxRpKbulMhM
PecosBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #1116
Dulsprtrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dulsprtrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: O.C. So Cal
Oddometer: 254
now we're getting someplace, I'll send PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PecosBill View Post
There are pics on the first page, and since it still has under 12k miles, it looks exactly the same. As far as price, you'd have to tempt me. I love her, but I just never have time to exercise her. That doesn't mean I want to sell her, but who knows... try tempting me.
I'll send PM, need to know a lot more info but very interested.
__________________
Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
Dulsprtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #1117
Dulsprtrider
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Dulsprtrider's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: O.C. So Cal
Oddometer: 254
Out!

Not in the market any longer unless you have something really special and close so I can see it first hand.
Thanks, Happy New Year! Ride safe........


Quote:
Originally Posted by Dulsprtrider View Post
I'll send PM, need to know a lot more info but very interested.
__________________
Things turn out best for the people who make the best of the way things turn out.
Dulsprtrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 06:26 AM   #1118
toast06gsa
Gnarly Adventurer
 
toast06gsa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2009
Location: Jackson, MS
Oddometer: 136
On the block, No. 576

It's time to part with my beloved "Schwein". Winter's coming on and I don't have time to ride like I want, and looking at her sit in the garage breaks my heart. It's time for her to go to someone who can spend more time with her and make her feal special.



It's No. 576 in the Registry:

http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html

32,000 miles, clean and in very good physical and running condition. Have title in hand.

$10,500, located just outside Albany, NY.

Details and a few pics in the Flea Market.
__________________
Toast
'06 BMW R1150GS Adv.
toast06gsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 06:38 AM   #1119
marcin_gda2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
marcin_gda2's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Oddometer: 105
06' GSA SE paint code

Hello

I'm in process of painting my GSA. I would like to paint the bike in white/blue R 1150 GS Adv SE colour. I have checked this site: http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/paintcodes/whites.htm, but not sure what code is for GSA Special Edition paint. Could anyone tell me what paint code and scheme code should I use? Thanks
__________________
KTM 990 ADV R '12
BMW R1150 GS '01 - Sold
KTM 640 LC4 E '04 - Sold
Honda XRV 750 '02 - Sold
Honda XRV 750 '95 - Sold
marcin_gda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:06 PM   #1120
canuck76
Gnarly Adventurer
 
canuck76's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Creedmoor, North Carolina
Oddometer: 155
06 R1150GSA Paint

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcin_gda2 View Post
Hello

I'm in process of painting my GSA. I would like to paint the bike in white/blue R 1150 GS Adv SE colour. I have checked this site: http://www.bmbikes.co.uk/paintcodes/whites.htm, but not sure what code is for GSA Special Edition paint. Could anyone tell me what paint code and scheme code should I use? Thanks
Not sure the scheme code but the paint code is 983. White tank with the Blue/Black "GS" logo on the tank. Hope this helps
__________________
Canuck76
2006 BMW R1150GSA
Eventually, socialists run out of other peoples' money
canuck76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:08 PM   #1121
canuck76
Gnarly Adventurer
 
canuck76's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Creedmoor, North Carolina
Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by toast06gsa View Post
It's time to part with my beloved "Schwein". Winter's coming on and I don't have time to ride like I want, and looking at her sit in the garage breaks my heart. It's time for her to go to someone who can spend more time with her and make her feal special.



It's No. 576 in the Registry:

http://www.ericsyn.com/2006bmwr1150gsadv.html

32,000 miles, clean and in very good physical and running condition. Have title in hand.

$10,500, located just outside Albany, NY.

Details and a few pics in the Flea Market.
Nice bike, too bad you have to sell! Good luck.
__________________
Canuck76
2006 BMW R1150GSA
Eventually, socialists run out of other peoples' money
canuck76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 03:21 PM   #1122
canuck76
Gnarly Adventurer
 
canuck76's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2009
Location: Creedmoor, North Carolina
Oddometer: 155
Quote:
Originally Posted by riggpigg View Post
Couldn't change mine, was told they were 24 hr only..............
Thanks for responding riggpigg, I began to wonder after messing with it on and off a few times. Now I do not really notice it.
__________________
Canuck76
2006 BMW R1150GSA
Eventually, socialists run out of other peoples' money
canuck76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2012, 03:16 AM   #1123
marcin_gda2
Gnarly Adventurer
 
marcin_gda2's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2006
Location: Milton Keynes, UK
Oddometer: 105
Thanks
Quote:
Originally Posted by canuck76 View Post
Not sure the scheme code but the paint code is 983. White tank with the Blue/Black "GS" logo on the tank. Hope this helps
__________________
KTM 990 ADV R '12
BMW R1150 GS '01 - Sold
KTM 640 LC4 E '04 - Sold
Honda XRV 750 '02 - Sold
Honda XRV 750 '95 - Sold
marcin_gda2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2012, 11:23 PM   #1124
Taz34
n00b
 
Taz34's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2011
Location: South of France
Oddometer: 6
Bonjour, Hi, Gruss Got,
my turn, as a proud owner of 06 1150 GSA, to show picture of my "gazelle".
Bought one year ago from the second owner, this bike add only 15000 KM, (9000 Miles).
It cost me "an eye", but worth it after selling my 03 1150 GSA.
Bike had only alu Top Box, I got the side alu panniers and added original Foglights from my 03 1150 GSA.
Low milage means usued bike, and discovered a plugged drain from gas tank filler cap. It took me quite some time to fix it. As a consequence, rain water could flow into the tank when opening filler cap. Not funny
I will post a tutorial how to install Foglights harness cables on bike frame, it was a tough challenge, for me, it could help some other owners..
Bike is finally back on the road since last Sunday, cheers
Have a great day, and ride your motorbike carrefuly.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Looking for other 06 1150 owners in Europe.
Taz34

Taz34 screwed with this post 05-01-2012 at 01:07 AM
Taz34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2012, 04:34 AM   #1125
Johnny Dakar
Fuckin' Smartass
 
Johnny Dakar's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Just 3 Short Miles North of Baja
Oddometer: 13,748
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taz34 View Post
Bonjour, Hi, Gruss Got,
my turn, as a proud owner of 06 1150 GSA, to show picture of my "gazelle".
Bought one year ago from the second owner, this bike add only 15000 KM, (9000 Miles).
It cost me "an eye", but worth it after selling my 03 1150 GSA.
Bike had only alu Top Box, I got the side alu panniers and added original Foglights from my 03 1150 GSA.
Low milage means usued bike, and discovered a plugged drain from gas tank filler cap. It took me quite some time to fix it. As a consequence, rain water could flow into the tank when opening filler cap. Not funny
I will post a tutorial how to install Foglights harness cables on bike frame, it was a tough challenge, for me, it could help some other owners..
Bike is finally back on the road since last Sunday, cheers
Have a great day, and ride your motorbike carrefuly.



Uploaded with ImageShack.us
Looking for other 06 1150 owners in Europe.
Taz34
That bike's too clean.
__________________
"Just sharing this quiet time is intimate, our tent, our bikes and our faces illuminated by yellow light from the fire. This is why we travel. To experience those rare moments of perfection of solitude of life."
-Simon Thomas
Johnny Dakar is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:59 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014