Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-18-2012, 10:25 PM   #61
jon6.0
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 546
My bike is a 2000 with a Magura hydraulic clutch conversion. I don't even have a switch on the lever. Where is the actual connector located on the bike that goes to the clutch lever? I have various unplugged 2 pin connecters under the dash piece and one or two along the backbone of the frame.

2011 KTM 250XC with lots of protection stuff for when I bounce it down a hill.
jon6.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 10:39 AM   #62
jon6.0
Studly Adventurer

Figured it out. The connector is under the dash. One yellow wire and one brown wire.

Right here:

Old 09-21-2012, 08:56 AM   #63
mxm64
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Engine Dies At Speed, Restarts When Pull In Clutch?

I've been having a strange problem lately with my Duke II lately. I will be driving along and all of a sudden the engine dies. I can pull over and it restarts back up just fine. Later I found if I just pull in the clutch and twist the throttle some it starts right back up while coasting. I removed the clutch switch from the perch and confirmed it kills the engine when I push it in with the kickstand down and in gear. So I thought it was the clutch switch at first, but now not sure? Could it be the kickstand switch? It just seems very strange to me that it starts right back up every time I just pull in the clutch while driving? Thanks for any help.
mxm64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:30 AM   #64
jon6.0
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxm64 View Post
I've been having a strange problem lately with my Duke II lately. I will be driving along and all of a sudden the engine dies. I can pull over and it restarts back up just fine. Later I found if I just pull in the clutch and twist the throttle some it starts right back up while coasting. I removed the clutch switch from the perch and confirmed it kills the engine when I push it in with the kickstand down and in gear. So I thought it was the clutch switch at first, but now not sure? Could it be the kickstand switch? It just seems very strange to me that it starts right back up every time I just pull in the clutch while driving? Thanks for any help.
If you jumper the clutch switch and the problem goes away, then you found the culprit. If it doesn't go away I would start looking at the kickstand switch like you are suggesting. Electrical problems are all about process of elimination.

Old 09-24-2012, 09:29 AM   #65
mxm64
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Found the problem - sidestand switch!

Looks like the culprit was the kickstand switch. I removed the mounting bolt of the switch and measured resistance from the pink wire going into the sidestand relay (behind the headlight mask) to chassis ground. I found an intermittent open when the switch was in the up position. So I left the relay out and jumpered the contacts side of the relay connector (orange and black wires) with a double ended male spade jumper and so far so good! (Note I did Not jumper the coil side of the relay (pink and black), that would be bad.) Thanks again jon6.0 for the tip.
mxm64 is offline   Reply With Quote