ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2012, 10:25 PM   #6106
SenorPedro
Adventurer

Oddometer: 14
Bump!

Ended up getting caught up in planning and actually riding the WABDR over the past few weeks. As a result I got lazy on my efforts to move this bike.

Make me an offer!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorPedro View Post
Posted this girl up on Craigslist today - other projects and the desire to get offroad more force the sale of this sweet little bike. $1500 to an inmate.

Essentially a top-to-bottom "working restoration" - not a show winner, but excellent condition regardless.

Some of the stats are as follows:

1) Frame, triples, headlight ears, engine mounts, kickstand, center stand, etc. re-coated satin black
2) Fork seals replaced, forks rebuilt, Maxima 20w fork oil for better damping
3) Head bearings, swingarm pivot, etc. cleaned and repacked with waterproof grease
4) NOS Redwing Japanese rear shocks - desirable, period correct performance shocks that make a huge impact over stock.
5) Oil injection pump rebuilt, NOS hard oil lines installed, fresh quart of BelRay 2T oil in the tank
6) Carbs ultrasonically cleaned, correctly rebuilt with Keyster carb kits, pod filters installed (airbox has gone missing), new fuel lines, filter, and oil line.
7) Top end rebuilt with NOS parts - new wrist pins, small end bearings, head gaskets, head de-coked and beadblasted, new plugs, etc.
8) New-ish battery, wiring tidied up and connections cleaned or replaced where necessary
9) NOS starter solenoid - electric start works great! Kick start is more manly, though!
10) New - like 3 miles new, Bridgestone Battlax tires. I have used these on several vintage bikes and love them - excellent feel and hookup, long wearing, great tires.
11) Wheels trued and balanced, new rim strips and tubes installed.

The bike needs two things - tabs (I let it expire in March, sorry) and a headlight. The headlight is burnt out and is a Suzuki-only sized sealed beam - I can hook up a different bulb and show you that the circuit works, I just never got around to ordering the replacement. Easily found on eBay or through some Suzuki parts houses. Or alternately, buy a 7" headlight kit on eBay for the same price and never worry about it again.

GT 185

Video of it running on YouTube
SenorPedro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:26 PM   #6107
Feyala
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
WTB: DR650 Hard Pannier Rack

I am about half done with cleaning up a set of mermite canisters to use as panniers. I'd like to buy a set of side racks which I can use to attach them, as I sadly lack a welder, and my welding skills are terrible anyways.

I don't care if they're ugly, scratched, dented or homemade, but I am on a pretty tight budget and they need to be sturdy enough to hold the aluminum boxes and all the crap I'll be putting inside them. I would prefer to spend $100 or less.

PM me with offers!

Alternatively, if you'd like to help me MAKE the racks and happen to have a welder... maybe we can work something out?
Feyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 07:33 PM   #6108
Feyala
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 358
This is still for sale, and the price has dropped by $400 to $1600 now. I really need to get it sold!

MotoKat screwed with this post 08-08-2012 at 08:58 PM Reason: no outside links (CL)
Feyala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2012, 08:59 PM   #6109
MiteyF
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,885
Quote:
Originally Posted by SenorPedro View Post
Ended up getting caught up in planning and actually riding the WABDR over the past few weeks. As a result I got lazy on my efforts to move this bike.

Make me an offer!!!!

Old 08-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #6110
TwoWheelExplorer
Livin' the dream

Oddometer: 287
GS (Adv) and other goodies

I'm cleaning out the garage and putting some goodies up for sale. All items are in North Bend, WA or Seattle (I work in SODO), prefer to meet you rather than ship at this point. PM me with the items you'd like. You can pay in Paypal gift or cash.

Fastaway F5 Pegs for R1200GS SOLD.

Cee Baileys Adventure Euro screen for R1150GS Adv or R1150GS (See http://www.ceebaileys.com/bmw/1150gsadventeuro.html for fitting info). 2" wider, and I *believe* that this is the 20" tall one but will measure. Light gray smoke. Very good condition and a fantastic windscreen for the bike; I just happened to score an Aeroflow after I bought this and used it instead for ldriding. $100.

Stock seat for a DR650. Very good condition. $50.

Touratech Hard Part for a R1150GS Adv. Yellow, as new - never installed. Same as http://www.touratech-usa.com/Store/1...venture-Yellow. SOLD.

Custom dash shelf for R1150GS Adv. Highly modified by BLM Accessories. Mount your GPS, radar and other goodies. $100.

PIAA 910s with harness and switch. Lights are fine, harness has been spliced to be able to be removed or installed. SOLD.

'08 FJR1300A, '93 Ducati 900SL | iShootYouLive(My Photos) | $5 Smugmug Coupon
"The world is a book, and those who do not travel read only a page." - St Augustine

TwoWheelExplorer screwed with this post 08-20-2012 at 05:24 PM Reason: Sold more stuff
TwoWheelExplorer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2012, 04:58 PM   #6111
bigzack
6'6" of awesome

Oddometer: 54
Weekend bump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigzack View Post
I posted this in the big fleamarket but thought I'd throw it on here as well. $2750

More info here.
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=812564

Thanks,
Zack
bigzack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:25 PM   #6112
woodsrider-boyd
Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer: 325
Yamaha YZ 250 2 Stroke Tall Seat and Stealhy Flywheel Weight

Complete tall seat for 2002 YZ250 2 stroke. Fits other years/models too. Seat base is the stock seat base, tall foam and cover are Guts Racing. Excellent condition, very little use. No rips or tears.

$70 obo

Steahly Off Road flywheel weight, 11 oz (medium weight) for 2002 YZ250 two stroke. May fit other years (check with Steahly).

I bought it used, never mounted it, looks like its never been used, excellent condition. Includes original packaging and instructions.

These flywheel weights totally transform MX bikes on the trails from arm yanking beasts to easily controllable.

$60 obo

Duvall / Woodinville area.

PM or call/text Ed: 206-953-4567

'06 Husqvarna WR125
woodsrider-boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2012, 03:31 PM   #6113
woodsrider-boyd
Wow, these guys are fast

Oddometer: 325
Bed Extender - Ford F-150?

I bought this bed extender for my 2007 F150 but it was not wide enough by an inch or so for my truck. The guy I bought it from told me it fit his F-150 which was the older model then mine.

Not sure exactly what years/model truck this will fit, but its in excellent shape.

Dimensions are:
58" wide
16" high
28 1/2" deep

$40 obo

Duvall / Woodinville area.

PM or call/text Ed: 206-953-4567

'06 Husqvarna WR125
woodsrider-boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 12:38 PM   #6114
bensgone
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 257
WTT/sell invader in/out open bow

Up for sale or trade is my 1988 16' invader open bow, volvo aq131/ penta 270 outdrive. decent interior, carpet, needs floor hatch cover replaced or rebuilt. solid and sound boat, no mechanical issues, will run all weekend on 10 gals. Trailer bearings need a repack, lights work, titles for both in hand, service manual included. located in newberg oregon, river tests are available when my work schedule permits.
Willling to trade for a plated dual sport, nice quad for my daughter, outboard around 25hp+, or ?. make an offer?
Bensgone!

http://img545.imageshack.us/img545/9301/invaderbd.jpg
bensgone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 01:46 PM   #6115
Gitana
A work in progress

Oddometer: 6,905
Honda EB5000 Generator for Sale $900

SOLD

This generator is perfect as a back-up power source. Original owner, have manual for this highly reliable EB5000 generator. Used less than five hours and has been in storage. Starts on first or second pull. Includes power cord to run to transfer switch. Work during the day, so available to see generator evenings or weekends. PM if interested. Generator located in Fall City, WA.

2008 WR250R | 2008 DL650

Gitana screwed with this post 08-15-2012 at 08:02 AM
Gitana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2012, 04:36 PM   #6116
1911fan
Master of the Obvious

Oddometer: 2,630
Low saddle from 2002 Dakar

Came with the bike, PO was shorter than I am. Not sure what it's worth, but would be happy to trade for high seat. I'm near Wenatchee.

Also selling a set of 1" lowering Koubalinks. I put stock height links on. $125 shipped CONUS.

1911fan

PS: It was hot yesterday:

Sometimes the light to see your way forward is provided by the bridge burning behind you.
1911fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2012, 07:42 AM   #6117
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 11,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gitana View Post
This generator is perfect as a back-up power source. Original owner, have manual for this highly reliable EB5000 generator. Used less than five hours and has been in storage. Starts on first or second pull. Includes power cord to run to transfer switch. Work during the day, so available to see generator evenings or weekends. PM if interested.

PM sent.

I just hope it ain't in Collerader.

Old 08-13-2012, 02:50 PM   #6118
Jackazz
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 816
19" front TKC 80

I have a new 110/80 B19 59Q tubeless TKC 80 for sale. 80$
Local pick up only, Mountlake Terrace/ Edmonds area.

Tim
206-718-0947
Jackazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 04:24 PM   #6119
tedium
n00b

Oddometer: 2
1993 Yamaha TDM 850 - $2600

SOLD!

tedium screwed with this post 08-22-2012 at 03:57 PM
tedium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 07:55 PM   #6120
FLYING EYEBALL
out of step

Oddometer: 10,396
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedium View Post
Oh, how it pains me to do this... Pasted from my Craigslist ad. Inmate price is $2600 ($200 below CL price), or make a reasonable offer.

I am looking to sell my 1993 Yamaha TDM 850 motorcycle. These are sought after bikes as they were imported for only two years (92-93) and are known for their excellence in sport-touring and adventure-riding. The watercooled 850cc inline twin provides gobs of torque and enough power to accelerate up hills fully loaded down. The TDM has an upright seating position that makes it very comfortable for long-distance touring and commuting. Do some google searching about this bike and you will be impressed at what it can do!

My bike has around 36k miles and is in reasonable cosmetic shape for its age. The speedo cable recently broke so it is disconnected, but the odometer is accurate within a few hundred miles. The seat needs reupholstering (Sargent Cycle has a ready-fit seat cover for about $60), there are some scratches on the tank but no dents, and the fairing has a few minor cracks and repairs. Mechanically the bike is perfect. I recently added a Trailtech Vapor computer (tach, speed, temp...) and a set of awesome Avon Distanzia tires for pavement and light offroad use (less than 800 miles on them). I'll include a set of older soft luggage with a tank bag, trunk bag, and saddle bags (not pretty, but very functional).

I never thought I'd get rid of this motorcycle but times have changed and a family car is more practical at this point... This bike needs to be ridden!

Bike is located in Adair Village, Oregon. Just north of Corvallis, west of Albany. Don't have a lot of time to spare, so tire kickers can stay at home. Email or PM to set up a viewing. Use the craigslist anonymous email address so I don't get picked up by the spambots... wtcbx-3205637879@sale.craigslist.org

trade for an xrl?

lots of xtras

my photos http://jskustoms.smugmug.com/

save yourself some $ with my smuggy discount code qvMaWy1bTFU7c
FLYING EYEBALL is offline   Reply With Quote