Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Orange Crush
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-02-2008, 06:01 PM   #31
Venteuri
I don't give a shit

Oddometer: 14,689
There are a couple of conections that are for alarm and the PC that are disconected.

Do you have the repair manual? you should pm CP.. he may tell you where to get a loan.

Check the clutch switch:Name:  clutch switch.JPG
Views: 1183
Size:  105.9 KB
Member #68,893
Above all stop pandering to posts from morons like Venteuri who can't even spell Venturi properly.

Venteuri screwed with this post 09-02-2008 at 06:09 PM
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:09 PM   #32
Venteuri
I don't give a shit

Oddometer: 14,689
When iddling..if you accelerate in neutral and let it go, also the engine dies?

read this:

Name:  throt.JPG
Views: 862
Size:  65.0 KB
Member #68,893
Above all stop pandering to posts from morons like Venteuri who can't even spell Venturi properly.
Venteuri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:48 PM   #33
GaelicDog OP
Lesser of Two Weasels

Oddometer: 7,322
Sitting on the stand, idles perfect.

I took her down to the bare throttle bodies. Everything tight, everything connected. Clean environment, cranked without any hoses connected to the air box, no filter, nothing. Cranked right up, idled perfect.

Buttoned her back up and re-installed the factory snorkle thinking the pre-filter might be restricting the air just enough to make it run funny. Ran perfect.

Started up my steep driveway, perfect. Started down the street, perfect. Pulled in the clutch at the stop sign, DIES!! Hit the starter, the motor spins over fast but no crankie. A quick off and on of the kill switch and she fires right up and goes to a perfect idle. I ride off down the road and she runs perfect but wants to idle back down to 1100 to 1200. Get back home after a spirited run and she's idling at 1400 again.

I typically fill the bike on the center stand, could I have overlowed gas in the canister on Saturday and it's just not evaporated yet?
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
GaelicDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 05:38 AM   #34
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicDog
The bike has 10K on it and up until this morning has never stalled. The bike has been flawless up until this point.
are the wires by the airbox the low octane alternet mapping?

they are to retard the timing to run low octane in third world countries.

just a thought.
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2008, 07:39 AM   #35
GaelicDog OP
Lesser of Two Weasels

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagwood
are the wires by the airbox the low octane alternet mapping?

they are to retard the timing to run low octane in third world countries.

just a thought.
They were offshoots of the diagnostic hookup cable.
Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a delusional, illogical, liberal minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.
Old 09-03-2008, 06:39 PM   #36
dagwood
Banned

Oddometer: 35,427
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaelicDog
They were offshoots of the diagnostic hookup cable.
ok i know witch ones you mean.
dagwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 08:22 AM   #37
GaelicDog OP
Lesser of Two Weasels

This sum bitch is pissing my ass off!
Old 09-04-2008, 05:54 PM   #38
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,742
I rode mine for 80 miles yesterday and it didn't stall once. It was much cooler then it has been and I tink that has something to do with it. Does anyone else notice that theirs is outside temp related?
frog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 05:45 PM   #39
GaelicDog OP
Lesser of Two Weasels

Cranked her yesterday leaving work headed for the dealer, smooth as glass. Runs great all the way to the dealer. Dealer puts it on the diagnostic machine and nothing. EVERYTHING is within the proper parameters. No error codes, nothing.

He reset the computer and refreshed my MAP then the 15 minute idle routine. Left the dealer and it ran like a champ.

Got home, bike cooled for a few hours. Headed around the block, hard on the throttle then clutch it at the stop sign. DEAD. It did it 3 times in a row then the remainder of the day was perfect, until,

I rode about 100 miles today and towards the end of the day it starts the fast idling bullshit that caused me to buy the new battery in the first damned place!

Off to the dealer again tomorrow I guess!
Old 09-05-2008, 08:20 PM   #40
frog
Beastly Adventurer

My guess on all these it that we have a sensor failing but in range. A air temp sensor could fail and say it's 10 degrees out when it's 100 and screw up the mixture. The computer would not turn the fi light on because it's not out of range. I saw it a bunch when I was a ford tech and the way we found it was to hook up the computer and look at the sensor data when it was happening. Anybody out there have a dealer that is willing to do that because mine won't touch my bike again untill I pay them to do a full service.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:13 AM   #41
GaelicDog OP
Lesser of Two Weasels

Saturdays episode. Crank her up and it's off to the dealer. I cannot make it stall for shit. Runs GREAT. I hit the interstate to get there as they open. PERFECT run. I stop at my exit and she's running spot on, 1400 rpm's. I figure screw it, I'll ride the damn thing till she breaks or strands me then we'll know what's wrong.

I grab the cell phone to call MsGaelic and tell her I'm headed out to ride a few hours and before I can get the number dialed the rpm's have creeped up to 1600 then 1750! Ah HA! got cha you bitch! The dealer is right around the corner!

I pull in at the dealer and they are just opening. I get off the bike and she's about 1750rpms and I let her idle, don't want to mess this chance up. We come back out side to look at her and she's about 1500

Since she's been in spec on the diagnostics the dealer offers to keep her for awhile and see what they can find. He's a GREAT guy and he's in business to make a living and I understand that first and foremost. He's got to pay his mechanic and staff, this bike's JUST 2 MONTHS out of warranty and all the works gonna cost. I cannot afford to have the bike sit there on an open ticket hoping to find what's wrong with it. I can tear her apart piece by piece looking for a loose connection or vacuum leak. We discuss it for a few minutes and and again I choose the "Screw It" option. I'll ride her till she breaks.

I head out for north Georgia to do some exploring. From the dealership for the next 100 miles the bike is flawless, not the first hiccup. I STOP FOR FUEL about 15 miles into the reserve light. Top off the tank while on the center stand as not to overflow into the cannister. I zip out of the station and do a slow easy shift into second and as soon as I pull in the clutch she dies. Here we go again.

We do this bullshit 2 more times. I am thinking it may be a tank/cannister/venting problem now.

I get a few miles on this tank (about 15) and she's running spot on again. I run about 80 more mile on this tank and she's doing great, I'm thinking I may be narrowing the issue down! I get 2 miles from the house and pull in the clutch and DEAD. When ever I pull in the clutch the rest of the ride home to check her idle speed she just dies. Now I am confused all over again. And I have yet to get an error code!

Today she gets stripped to the frame, part by part.
Old 09-07-2008, 06:18 AM   #42
cpmodem
Orange Caveman

Oddometer: 7,103
I am thinking it may be a tank/cannister/venting problem now.

Gee, you think?

-cp

DISCLAIMER: All observations made in this post are mine and based solely on my own anecdotal experiences, and may contain large doses of facetiousness. YMMV, of course. You are "on your own", and I take no responsibility if someone tries anything in this post and gets into trouble with the law, damages their person or property, or goes blind. Take everything you read or hear "anywhere" butt especially on the Web with a large dose of salt.

cpmodem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2008, 08:10 AM   #43
frog
Beastly Adventurer

I have no canister left. It's all been pulled off. Fuel level does not seem to affect the frequency of mine at all. Next time it happens I'll pop the fuel caps. If you try to start yours after it stalls do you have to give it throttle to get it started or will it start normally?
Old 09-07-2008, 06:09 PM   #44
frog
Beastly Adventurer

Well I poped both fuel caps when it was dying pretty consistently and no change. Any other ideas. It's really pissing me off and is a real pain in the ass to ride.
Old 09-08-2008, 04:10 AM   #45
GaelicDog OP
Lesser of Two Weasels

Quote:
Originally Posted by frog
If you try to start yours after it stalls do you have to give it throttle to get it started or will it start normally?
If I try to crank it right after it dies it will not crank unless I crank the throttle and then it's like I am forcing it to run. If I hit the kill switch or the ignition and let the computer reboot it fires right up.