ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-14-2008, 01:27 AM   #1
peterman OP
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,349
my bestus brother

this is the man that taught me to ride about one and a half million years ago,,he tolt me not to post his pic, but, too bad, I also got the peterman label from the same source,,
Attached Images

peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:58 AM   #2
southforkspeedster
koolaidless

Oddometer: 1,988
Hello Peterman,
It was a pleasure to meet and talk with you at Wetfest, sure glad your brother taught you to ride

Take care

SFS
southforkspeedster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 08:36 AM   #3
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,809
Quote:
Originally Posted by peterman
this is the man that taught me to ride about one and a half million years ago,,he tolt me not to post his pic, but, too bad, I also got the peterman label from the same source,,
I like stories so tell us the story. Do you still ride with him? We know it was a million and a half years ago now tell us where, what you learned to ride on, etc. I bet it was the tried and true method of learning to ride "here's the throttle, the clutch, back brake, shift pattern, and the front brake but don't use the front brake, let's go." Motorcycle training has come a long way in the last million years.
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 11:48 AM   #4
sweetsixty
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 120
your bestus

Holey!
he is as plump as you are lean.
glad you had a good time.
sweetsixty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 01:11 PM   #5
peterman OP
cop magnet

Oddometer: 13,349
the finest b'day present I could have,, a visit from my bro.
We laffed, we cried, we rode a bit, we ate food, we drank (too much), and this morning he rode off to see family to the north.
StevenE and I have been riding together off and on since I was 10, interrupted only by his service in Vietnam.
When we were youngsters, we rode Tote Gotes, mini bikes, trail bikes, Tohatsu's and Yamaguchi's, and all the 2 wheeled variations to hit the shore.
We rode dirt,
trails,
cowpaths,
did high speed runs on 2 strokes thru residential areas with no gear whatsoever,,
rode 2 up over jumps,,,
in summer, took turns riding off the dock into the lake,(drain, refill, repeat)
in winter, on snow packed streets on flat knobby tires with the little naybor kids in tow on a sled,
rode every new version of Jap bike as they arrived in our little southern Oregon town,
We were the first 2 kids in town to ride the X-6 Hustler from Suzuki (wicked fast!)
We grew up together watching the "big" boys on their BSA's and Triumphs doing hillclimbs , and thrilled at the sight of Bultacos, Montessas, Greeves, Maicos, Ossas, and all the other brands that further sunk the motorsickle hook deep and permanently in both our hearts.
We have ridden across borders, over the top of the Rockies in the rain, across deserts in sweltering heat, through the midst of the bug slickened highway during the mormon cricket swarm, and once rode together in a parade.
This birthday marks 49 years of friendship, and I could not have a better gift than to see his smiling face at my door, happy birthday, indeed! Thank you my brother, I love you.
Attached Images

peterman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 03:27 PM   #6
raindog
dharma bum

Oddometer: 16,993
ya know P-man..you're quickly becoming one of the coolest people I know.
nice

happy birthday
raindog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 04:55 PM   #7
DireWolf
Knees in the Breeze

Oddometer: 12,794

Happy Birthday Peterman.

If your brother is half as good a dude as you, he must be a pretty good fella indeedy.

I'll raise a glass towards the southern sky this evening!
Old 09-14-2008, 05:18 PM   #8
MortimerSickle
Semi-Adventurer

Oddometer: 12,065
Quote:
...we rode Tote Gotes...Tohatsu's and Yamaguchi's
You speak a strange tongue, oh Ancient One.

But, somehow disturbingly familiar.

I miss round headlights.

"When I was a young man, I liked to race my horse...." -
G.H.W.S. 1878-1962
MortimerSickle is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 05:50 PM   #9
oregoncoast
Racing Like a Noob

Oddometer: 4,457
Laugh There's Only one...

Happy Birthday Peterman!

I have said this before, but I find it to be true: You are a true poet, and those that don't get, well, they just don't get it.

Yeah, you're loud. Yeah, you yell at dogs. Yeah, you ride like a fucking maniac. Yeah, you probably drink more than most. Yeah, Tequila brings out the Peterman you thought you kilt a long time ago. Yeah, some people at the ADV gatherings just don't get it.

But, You are the real deal. A true orginial. A writing, drinking, riding, swearing, welding, make-shit-work, ride a KLR back to a BMW rally just to finish it, dump-in-the-sand, help-a-brother-out, crazy mother fucker! And that, is what I and many here, love about you.

I will tell you this, ADV, and this whole freaking place, would be a lot less interesting without you around. Now, happy birthday you old fucking motosickle man and let me know when I can come down and buy you a birthday drink (or two).
oregoncoast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 07:26 PM   #10
southforkspeedster
koolaidless

Oddometer: 1,988
Happy B-day!!!!

SFS
southforkspeedster is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 09:55 PM   #11
Road Rash
Infamous

Oddometer: 18,557
Quote:
Originally Posted by oregoncoast
Happy Birthday Peterman!

You are the real deal. A true orginial. A writing, drinking, riding, swearing, welding, make-shit-work, ride a KLR back to a BMW rally just to finish it, dump-in-the-sand, help-a-brother-out, crazy mother fucker! And that, is what I and many here, love about you.

Happy Birthday peterMAN

My Ride Through Roatan
Road Rash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:48 PM   #12
Ladybug0048
Bug Sister

Oddometer: 10,809
Quote:
the finest b'day present I could have,, a visit from my bro.
We laffed, we cried, we rode a bit, we ate food, we drank (too much), and this morning he rode off to see family to the north.
StevenE and I have been riding together off and on since I was 10, interrupted only by his service in Vietnam.
When we were youngsters, we rode Tote Gotes, mini bikes, trail bikes, Tohatsu's and Yamaguchi's, and all the 2 wheeled variations to hit the shore.
We rode dirt,
trails,
cowpaths,
did high speed runs on 2 strokes thru residential areas with no gear whatsoever,,
rode 2 up over jumps,,,
in summer, took turns riding off the dock into the lake,(drain, refill, repeat)
in winter, on snow packed streets on flat knobby tires with the little naybor kids in tow on a sled,
rode every new version of Jap bike as they arrived in our little southern Oregon town,
We were the first 2 kids in town to ride the X-6 Hustler from Suzuki (wicked fast!)
We grew up together watching the "big" boys on their BSA's and Triumphs doing hillclimbs , and thrilled at the sight of Bultacos, Montessas, Greeves, Maicos, Ossas, and all the other brands that further sunk the motorsickle hook deep and permanently in both our hearts.
We have ridden across borders, over the top of the Rockies in the rain, across deserts in sweltering heat, through the midst of the bug slickened highway during the mormon cricket swarm, and once rode together in a parade.
This birthday marks 49 years of friendship, and I could not have a better gift than to see his smiling face at my door, happy birthday, indeed! Thank you my brother, I love you.
Very cool stuff Happy Birthday
Ladybug0048 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2008, 10:59 PM   #13
PacWestGS
Life Is The Adventure!

Oddometer: 10,866
Pleasure to meet you at WetFest.

Happy B-Day Peterman!

'til the next time.

The world is a dangerous place to live, not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it. (Albert Einstein)
PacWestGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:06 AM   #14
thetourist
Just passing thru

Oddometer: 4,056
I need to go see my brother. Thanks for reminding me.

Happy birthday.
thetourist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2008, 09:36 AM   #15
toolfan
Broken Hearted

Oddometer: 9,543
Happy belated.

toolfan is offline   Reply With Quote