Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2008, 05:58 PM   #1
vermin OP
unrepentant thinner

Oddometer: 539
Cool Vermin Wear

Talk about "Old School"!!!

For all of you Flathead, Knucklehead, Panhead, and Shovelhead fans - a BLAST from the PAST!!! Back in the days before any of those Piece-Together-Your-Own "Chopper" parts-catalogs existed... when a stock wishbone frame could be had for seventy-five bucks, and a complete Panhead top end sold for a hundred... when everyone turned their own wrenches, and nobody had a "dealer maintenance schedule" on their Hog.... there was a Harley shop unlike any other... the legendary MARYJANE'S of Detroit!!!! It was one of the wildest Hog shops that ever existed- and a small stash of its WAY COOL, BRAND NEW t-shirts has been discovered!
As thousands of scooter bums know, Maryjane's was THE PLACE to visit in the 1970's and 1980's - the incredibly cluttered shop with Harley parts in huge PILES on the floor (and hanging between the big swordfish, shark, and the fish nets all over the walls and ceiling)... it was the home of the TWENTY-FIVE DOLLAR Hog transmission rebuild... and the sign that lit up "WRONG!" (while a loud buzzer went off) if somebody was foolish enough to try to get a lower price on the already cheap parts! Those were the days, all right - when EVERY Hog was a REAL Hog that actually got RIDDEN, and not some slapped-together "clone" that just sat in a garage!!!
And these shirts are the REAL THING - they haven't been made in decades, but you can own a brand new one today!!!!!

Why settle for just another lame, run-of-the-mill t-shirt and advertise for a boring "authorized" cookie-cutter dealership, when you can really blow some minds by wearing THESE classy threads???!!!

High- quality shirts, 50/50 blend. The artwork is sharp and clear, better than shown in these photos.
*** I have a handful of Men's LARGE, EXTRA LARGE, and XXL shirts ***
---THIS auction is for ONE shirt of ANY SIZE ---

My intention is to crawl out of my cubicle by selling high class threads. I will sell these fine T's to advriders for $25 plus $5 shipping in the usa. Bless your hearts one and all. I have been getting up to $45 on ebay for these so this is a steal.

PM me if you is interested

vermin screwed with this post 04-04-2011 at 01:08 PM Reason: deep vein thrombosis
vermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2008, 06:10 PM   #2
clapped_r6
The Spoad Warrior

Oddometer: 2,583
:ymca
Old 09-03-2008, 12:37 PM   #3
Powershouse
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,134
Quote:
Originally Posted by clapped_r6
:ymca
Wrong...that's for the ubiquitous "HD of *insert tourist destination here*" shirts. The MJ shirt is sweet. I'd rank it right up there with my Betty's bikes & buns shirt.
Old 09-12-2008, 12:53 PM   #4
TJ Willy
ADV, this, I crave.

Oddometer: 345
Nice rag! I need to order one of these pronto.

[rant_warning]
To all the :ymca posters: why does everyone think that if one owns a harley, you ride nothing else or worse, don't ride at all? - We are not all stereotypes- such a boring horse to beat... One that gets in my crawl, I mumble and bitch to myself about and then ignore for weeks... rinse and repeat. I enjoy both of my MC's yet I pull the HD out of my sig for fear of being "judged" or not taken seriously??? Ludicrous. I am as big a joke as your average run-of-the-mill HD hater. My HD is 10 months old and I just rolled over 14k miles. Some of us do ride our bikes. Of course, you don't have much of a choice when that is all you have... wait... that was my choice. (Though I do miss my Jeep.)

One can love the machine and want nothing to do with the HOGgie/MotoCo bullshit. Just an FYI.[/rant_warning]

Order coming soon Verm! Thanks for posting these up. I would think sizing up might be appropriate if they are original 1970-80 shirts?? I bet the sizing was smaller back then?? What say ye???

And nope, I am still a relative young man, so I never had any of them old HD contankerous suns-a-bitches. But I sure wish I did.
SmugMug Goodness Coupon Code (GZnn7vYHaHJjg)

TJ Willy screwed with this post 09-12-2008 at 12:59 PM
TJ Willy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 04:35 PM   #5
vermin OP
unrepentant thinner

Oddometer: 539
old hogs

I had a amf shovel head that I piloted all around the country with very little trouble while my wifes BMW clutch routinely exploded. One scooter I always had a curiosity about was the old 80ci flatheads. I liked the idea of a butt simple 1340cc lawn mower motor chuging down the road.
vermin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2008, 10:20 AM   #6
MikeyT
Krusty Olde Pharte™

Oddometer: 5,088
Vermin, are these shirts still available?

GatorJane, I have to agree with you about the old Harleys. I had a couple of early 60s Pans and an AlMighty awFul shovel and they were, especially the Pans, simple to wrench and stone-ax reliable. The 61 FL acquired 60k +/- miles in the four years that I owned it, after 32k by previous owners. Grind the valves every 15-20 k and rings every other valve grind and keep riding. Pull it into the kitchen and have the motor on the kitchen table in an hour or so. For those of you who weren't around in those days, a lot of cars needed valves ground at 50 k, and Limey bikes were as bad as the Harleys (or worse).

99 Shadow Spirit 1100

"Non Illegitimi Carborundum"
MikeyT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2008, 06:08 PM   #7
HighTechCoonass
Living the Dream....

Oddometer: 2,403
I caught a flash of Vermin style Harley on a ride thru Utah this Spring...If he would o had a vermin shirt he would had ben toolin fo sure.

Old 03-11-2010, 01:52 PM   #8
jdgretz
Looking for new places

Oddometer: 914
Better Vermin Hardley-Davidson

I think this one at the Rock Inn more closely emulates the true spirit of Cack...

jdg
jdgretz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2013, 07:39 AM   #9
Hammerfist7

Oddometer: 68

I've heard that the supply is exhausted - and that there won't be any more produced.
So the value of the existing shirts has just jumped exponentially!
Hammerfist7 is offline   Reply With Quote