Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 03-23-2010, 06:49 PM   #226
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,364
Quote:
Originally Posted by 30Bones
Left Side, one fingers worth of gap from the exhaust...
On my 610, I take the left side strap to the right side buckle and visa versa. went behind the reservoir to the frame. I suppose it puts some pressure on the res, but it seemed to work pretty well.
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
6:10 to Yuma
trials and tribulations in the Mojave
Baja Blitz Yard sale
View Current Location via Spot Tracker
Old 03-23-2010, 06:56 PM   #227
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Oddometer: 1,867
Quote:
Originally Posted by brad21
Sweet looking scoot B-Rod!
Thanks. If you look at the left side, I have the strap through the footrest bracket, but it comes fairly close to the pipe. I didn't measure or photograph how close it comes, but I would say about an inch. Do you think that will be a problem? I'm a little worried about radiant heat from the exhaust melting the strap. I suppose I could find a wrap or two of pipe wrap, just to keep that spot cool. I may try it first, and the worst case scenario is I have to sew some strap back on.

My only critism, and bear in mind, I have not hit the road with it, but there is some webbing on the top of the bag, and I thought it would be handy to have another web or two on the rear, near the base of the bag, so you can strap a tent or other bag there. I don't require it myself, but just a thought

Disregard, blonde momento.

B-Rod screwed with this post 03-23-2010 at 11:38 PM
Old 03-23-2010, 07:14 PM   #228
error cooled
anything but asphalt

Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rod
Thanks. If you look at the left side, I have the strap through the footrest bracket, but it comes fairly close to the pipe. I didn't measure or photograph how close it comes, but I would say about an inch. Do you think that will be a problem? I'm a little worried about radiant heat from the exhaust melting the strap. I suppose I could find a wrap or two of pipe wrap, just to keep that spot cool. I may try it first, and the worst case scenario is I have to sew some strap back on.

My only critism, and bear in mind, I have not hit the road with it, but there is some webbing on the top of the bag, and I thought it would be handy to have another web or two on the rear, near the base of the bag, so you can strap a tent or other bag there. I don't require it myself, but just a thought
Brian - You are seriously gearing up this spring - first I see a Leatt review and now this. I am trying to decide on the Mojavi or Coyote for my lil WR... decisions decisions.

Bring on summer!
Old 03-23-2010, 07:21 PM   #229
Chad M
Custom User Title

Oddometer: 706
Quote:
Originally Posted by error cooled
Brian - You are seriously gearing up this spring - first I see a Leatt review and now this. I am trying to decide on the Mojavi or Coyote for my lil WR... decisions decisions.

Bring on summer!
Run away train!!!!

Where's my Coyote, Brian? Looks great and most of all it will likely stay outta yer arse in the steepy bits.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #230
30Bones
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,611
Quote:
Originally Posted by xymotic
On my 610, I take the left side strap to the right side buckle and visa versa. went behind the reservoir to the frame. I suppose it puts some pressure on the res, but it seemed to work pretty well.
Good idea, I may look into that the next time I am tinkering.

I tied some parachute cord around the frame and attach the bag to those. We will see. I am ditching the header wrap as it's a joke and putting the stock shields back on....ugly, but effective. I melted my new Teiz riding suit already.
Old 03-23-2010, 07:22 PM   #231
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by error cooled

Bring on summer!
They are TOTALLY different beasts. Not to be a salesman, but you need both of them.

The Coyote is for a multi-day long trip. The Mojavi is an 'everyday' deal. You'll get more day to day use from the Mojavi, but if you're doing the TAT the Coyote is the ticket
"Anyone who doesn't take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either."
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 03-23-2010, 07:26 PM   #232
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad M
Run away train!!!!

Where's my Coyote, Brian? Looks great and most of all it will likely stay outta yer arse in the steepy bits.
No doubt! Almost done. It's all aboot the details.
Old 03-23-2010, 10:26 PM   #233
toowheels
on a mission...

Oddometer: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by B-Rod
I got my Coyote yesterday, and it's awesome! I've got a Big Agnes SL1, down sleeping bag, 7 bath towels, and room for tools, shoes, and probably more, and it's a good thing, cuz I ain't going anywhere without my towels Maybe I should have got yellow so I don't look like such a ducking fork with all the orange. Meh.

I used the fender hook loop to wrap around the stock rack, and it is not only super secure, but it draws the bag to the rear. I still get to keep the small pelican for the DSLR, and there is room between the two for a small pvc tube that I will put the poles for the tent into, and strap to the rack. They will be unseen below the Coyote.

Excellent product, and I want to say kudos to your Canadian dealer, MotoOverland for getting it here in two days, with a discount for it being the bag he used for demos, and there was not a single mark that I saw on the bag that indicated it. Is it summer yet?

Hey Brian,

The bike looks awesome! I am envious!

Thanks for the kudos too

I saw you mention something about adding extra daisy chains to the back of the bag to tie things to but you may not realize that the top two compression straps are meant to go around a tent or anything else behind the bag too. It really secures them to the bag.

Also the 1" gap should be fine but I'll let wachs sound in on that.

Enjoy and see you out there!

Dave

www.motooverland.com
Old 03-23-2010, 10:47 PM   #234
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by toowheels
I saw you mention something about adding extra daisy chains to the back of the bag to tie things to but you may not realize that the top two compression straps are meant to go around a tent or anything else behind the bag too. It really secures them to the bag.

Also the 1" gap should be fine but I'll let wachs sound in on that.

Enjoy and see you out there!

Dave
Yah, I realized that when I looked at other pictures. I actually am blonde. Thanks again Dave. I can't believe how soon it arrived!
Old 03-24-2010, 07:26 AM   #235
Rapid Dog
bikes, booze, broads...

Oddometer: 8,922
Thumb Great Basin Bump

...got my Great Basin Friday, totally bitchin' piece of kit. Great replacement for the GAobi bags I sold. I'm going for the Fandango tankbag too.
'81 R100RS Rattlecandy Red
'06 950 ADV Orangeboom
91 R100GSPD Derelict

Old 03-24-2010, 07:14 PM   #236
B-Rod
RubberNecker

Quote:
Originally Posted by wachs
Thanks for the purchase! Wow - righteous 640 man. Wish I still my '02 dang it. I'll trade you for your 690RR!

Dave is right about the 2 middle straps, we intentionally left those long to secure another 20 liter or so, bag to sit behind the main saddlebag. You can strap multiple pieces back there but stowing your tent, shoes, chair, etc. in one sack will keep everything together better for sure. In your case with the (stock?) KTM rear rack and the little Pelican case, your load is will be forced up. I'd try to keep that extra bag as small as possible and place it between the Pelican and Coyote.

If you have the stock rack with the 2 vertical 'hoops' towards the rider - we strongly suggest those be ground off as they'll be poking the bottom of the saddlebag with some force. I took an angle grinder to the rack on mine and made that thing smooth - it never jabbed my butt again either!
Thanks for the reply. I corrected my post about the straps earlier, as I later saw how the straps were used to secure an additional bag behind. I was also being hypothetical in my case, as this bag holds more than I will ever need to carry. Are you sure it's only 30 litres?? I have a tent and sleeping bag, and they don't even come close to filling the sides. It is perfectly located, and allows me to retain the teeny pelican. Thanks for the tip on zapping the loop off. I can't imagine I would ever use then anyway.
Old 03-25-2010, 09:06 PM   #237
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Mo'Javi

I think I might have gotten the very first production Mo'Javi.

I showed up at Wachs house and banged on the door til he relented!

Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 03-28-2010, 08:43 PM   #238
xymotic
Beastly Adventurer

Dave, got to test out the Mo'Javi this weekend. I think it's broke, I couldn't tell it was there.

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...8#post12530848
Albert Einstein

Baja trip to the tip
Baja Blitz Yard sale
Old 03-29-2010, 05:30 AM   #239
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,571
I just returned from four days and three nights camping in Death Valley... I love my Coyote!!

Sleeping bag in the small rear bag. Tent, thermarest, chair, clothes (including a sweater), warm jacket, two tubes, cooking set (pot, stove, fuel, cup, coffee filter holder and filters, matches), bit of food, extra water, and shoes in the GL Coyote.

And today I received my MoJavi. Wow. It is amazing.

traveltoad screwed with this post 03-31-2010 at 11:08 AM
Old 04-04-2010, 08:15 AM   #240
Big Spag
ONESPEED

Oddometer: 91
Used Giant Loop

Looking for a used Giant Loop Great Basin and Fandango tank bag. Any out there not being used in a garage??
Closed Thread