ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-12-2012, 06:42 AM   #6886
4TooMany
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTSCOOTER View Post
...and I believe they will be back.
Oh, I'll be back!
4TooMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 07:27 AM   #6887
Bruno T . OP
N8YQ

Oddometer: 1,901
Quote:
Originally Posted by DIRTSCOOTER View Post
Went up to Lewiston with some friends who were new to the GLDS. They both joined the club Saturday, although after we hit the first sand section I think they might have had second thoughts. One was on a DR650 and the other on a new DRZ 400s, they both had a good time, and I believe they will be back.
Hey Jack, next time we'll put'em on my 950, that'll straighten them right out

We haven't heard from Scott or Nathan, maybe they're laying low after breaking their noob buddy . .

No hook up's left at Lupton, whaaaat ??? my microwave won't work, guess it's back to Brian's peanuts.
Bruno T . is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:02 AM   #6888
Bruno T . OP
N8YQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4TooMany View Post
Oh, I'll be back!
Bring your new 800. Damn that's a beauty;

Makes me miss mine.

Lake Atitlan in Guatemala, with my friend Don;

Old 09-12-2012, 08:05 AM   #6889
Bruno T . OP
N8YQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingfisch View Post
We got out of camp about 8:30 Sunday. I saw on return you rode the 950 again, sheesh what you gotta do to make your 500 feel light...
It's all about being lazy, John. The 950 was already trashed from Saturday's 'A' loop, and one bike is a lot easier to clean than two .
Old 09-12-2012, 08:43 AM   #6890
Dfrnt
Just pluggin' along

Oddometer: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno T . View Post
It's all about being lazy, John. The 950 was already trashed from Saturday's 'A' loop, and one bike is a lot easier to clean than two .
Some riders don't clean em', although I hear it can affect gas mileage with all the extra weight of UP mud.....
Old 09-12-2012, 08:56 AM   #6891
4TooMany
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno T . View Post
Bring your new 800. Damn that's a beauty;
Thanks. I'm lovin' it so far, though Lewiston's sand did NOT make me wish for a bigger bike! That yellow is my absolute favorite F8 GS color. Too bad they don't make it any longer.
4TooMany is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 11:04 AM   #6892
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thingfisch View Post
Thanks Bruno! Great weekend at Lewiston. We got out of camp about 8:30 Sunday. I saw on return you rode the 950 again, sheesh what you gotta do to make your 500 feel light... Really liking the new bike. Stock it is geared low but pulls 60-65 ok (13/52). 1st is like a trials bike. Has the stock 2.2 tank getting 50 mpg. Side by side with my 300 look and feel like the same bikes only one is a 4 stroke. 10 lbs difference. I talked to Ron and there is 3 ignition maps and it is set on the middle. For $20 I can get a plug that will change to 'wild". Something to pick up and try next year. JimTC and I will be at Lupton in the grass area ($5) no hook ups left. That is ok I have couple of batterys. Looking forward to next ride! .
I am softly researching for a new bike, and this one keeps finding its way to the top of the list. I replaced a 200 2t with a 400 LC4 and it just isn't quite blowing me skirt up.
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:03 PM   #6893
Thingfisch
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Paddock stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dfrnt View Post
My 400 will pull 88MPH so I know yours will do it with different gearing. Man that thing is sexy. (Need to get some orange paint for that paddock stand before the Honda guys try to run off with it )
One of my better inexpensive investments. I love that thing! I have a wood "coffin" I push my bike up on to and put that on, works great. Secure with a strap from the rafter and a couple if I want to lift the front wheel. Recently I had my 300 "hog tied" from a single ceiling point with front forks and rear shock pulled.
Thingfisch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #6894
Thingfisch
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
I am softly researching for a new bike, and this one keeps finding its way to the top of the list. I replaced a 200 2t with a 400 LC4 and it just isn't quite blowing me skirt up.
So far (13 hrs) the 350 performs/handles like my 300 (for a 4 stroke) did except a real strong top end. I am still a little leary of running it around spun up tight(er). It pulls great low and mid. I love my 300 and plan on the versatility of the 4 stroke to make up for any shortcomings that I might determine over the first several hundred miles. I admit I don't like the smell
Old 09-12-2012, 12:54 PM   #6895
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,993
Low and mid is a good thing to me. I don't really want to have to wind it up tight. The real test for me is how does it do on long pavement drones? Looking to sustain 65mph at a relaxed rpm. Does it have a cush hub? and is the sub frame beefy enough for a rack and oh..say..50 lbs of gear? These are some of the important aspects for a true dual sport. IMHO
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 02:08 PM   #6896
Thingfisch
Adventurer

Quote:
Low and mid is a good thing to me. I don't really want to have to wind it up tight. The real test for me is how does it do on long pavement drones? Looking to sustain 65mph at a relaxed rpm. Does it have a cush hub? and is the sub frame beefy enough for a rack and oh..say..50 lbs of gear? These are some of the important aspects for a true dual sport. IMHO
It can be geared to pull 65 easy but no cush or sub frame.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:08 PM   #6897
Dfrnt
Just pluggin' along

Oddometer: 953
Quote:
There is no rear rack for any dualsport that will officially be rated for 50 lbs. Most say 10lbs +/- a few. When I go on an overnight trip I use a number plate bag, a tank bag, and have a small rear fender bag, in addition to all the crap I put in my backpack. Probably 15 lbs. total. You need to learn to pack lighter dude
Old 09-12-2012, 03:13 PM   #6898
BMacW650

Oddometer: 744
Quote:
There is no rear rack for any dualsport that will officially be rated for 50 lbs. Most say 10lbs +/- a few. When I go on an overnight trip I use a number plate bag, a tank bag, and have a small rear fender bag, in addition to all the crap I put in my backpack. Probably 15 lbs. total. You need to learn to pack lighter dude
WRR has a steal subframe, it's a heavy 250 but it does everything okay.
BMacW650 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:55 PM   #6899
KTM640Dakar
Motorsick

Oddometer: 2,051
Quote:
Some riders don't clean em', although I hear it can affect gas mileage with all the extra weight of UP mud.....
I like to bring my own mud to sandfest rides. I had enough gas, i just used it up before i should have. Or

I just wanted to steal Matt's gas since he was showing off with his tanker.

It is not the destination, it's the journey.
KTM640Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 08:14 PM   #6900
Scott G
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Looks like my noob was not bitten by the Dual Sport bug. Maybe it has something to do with the hard fall. Rented a cabin next door at the Sunrise Cafe and Cabins for Lupton
Scott G is offline   Reply With Quote