ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Central From Da Nort Woods to the Plane States
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 08:33 PM   #8626
traveltoad
Aaron S

Oddometer: 6,638
Quote:
Originally Posted by timdog View Post
We can hook you up with free lodging, if that helps.
Checked my schedule and unfortunately I have meetings on the Monday.

Anyway, seems like I was just there.

traveltoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:12 AM   #8627
KTM640Dakar
Motorsick

Oddometer: 2,050

It is not the destination, it's the journey.

KTM640Dakar screwed with this post 08-07-2013 at 06:22 AM
KTM640Dakar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 06:29 AM   #8628
KTM640Dakar
Motorsick

Old 08-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #8629
trumposorousrex
NOW WHAT?

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno T . View Post
Ted's Chandler Hill Challenge is coming up.

Best ride of the year, don't miss it.

Just registered!!! See you all there!!
trumposorousrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:09 PM   #8630
Scott G
Adventurer

Oddometer: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by trumposorousrex View Post
Just registered!!! See you all there!!
I rode with Shannon and Jeremy recording and proofing the loops last weekend. Last years loops were great and this year is even better.
Scott G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 02:20 PM   #8631
Marco Moto
Voyager

Oddometer: 1,213
MOAR YOU PEE ACTION SHOTS!!! QUEEEEE??????
Old 08-07-2013, 02:22 PM   #8632
trumposorousrex
NOW WHAT?

Oddometer: 310
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott G View Post
I rode with Shannon and Jeremy recording and proofing the loops last weekend. Last years loops were great and this year is even better.
Can't wait!!
trumposorousrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:01 PM   #8633
Dfrnt
Just pluggin' along

Oddometer: 953
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Moto View Post
Here are some tire changers in action

Here is the view across the street while we were changing another flat

Peter checking out where teeth should have been on his rear sprocket while a tire was being changed

My micro SD card in my video camera was blank when I go home. Haven't had time to diagnose that yet.
Old 08-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #8634
KTM640Dakar
Motorsick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Moto View Post

Marco is one cool Dude. He is always right there to help pick up your fat bike off of you when you spin out in the single oink. And likes to ride as the sweeper so he can terror out of the woods while we wait at a rest spot.

I am Corona!!

Radak!

Thanks Bruno!

KTM640Dakar screwed with this post 08-07-2013 at 08:13 PM
Old 08-07-2013, 08:52 PM   #8635
rjbergen
Adventurer

Oddometer: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by frecks View Post
Here's a list of people that I'll pm based on their expressed interest (as well as post in this thread) if I ever decide to do another Packard plant ride. If anyone else plans a streetbike friendly ride, I'd definitely be interested.

trumposorousrex
pman13
two trackin fool
multistraddler
MKorn
marine_mike
advchar
proeasy
Jaws
howier
BMacW650
bigtrailie
mbim12
rjbergen
VG44
ADW
drewcrew
Roxyig
Lobster
frecks
Sorry for digging back a ways, but I've been talking with frecks and would like to take another ride through Detroit maybe in mid Sept.

Please refer to this thread to comment on this trip.

Here's a map of the route I laid out to start:
https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...2bb71c9c&msa=0
Note: Blue lines are travel routes. Red Lines are routes to explore the location. Pins (red colored) with "Stop" in the name are stops, those pins (green colored) without are simply to point out a point of interest as we ride by.
Note 2: Please notice that there is a second page now. Simply scroll down the left window of points until you reach the bottom, then proceed to page 2 to see the final portion of the route.

I've given this route to frecks for review, but he hasn't responded other than "Sweet" and I'm not sure if that was in reference to the route or me being able to get it all on one Google Map compared to the 2 maps I sent earlier.

In any case, the above list includes those who expressed interest in going when frecks first posted. If others are interested, please voice it.

If you're interested, please look over the route and provide comments, criticisms, feedback, and/or suggestions. The current route ventures through and past many of the landmarks of the city before swinging downriver for a few stops that I find interesting, but may not interest others as much. The route as-is is about 40 miles from the start to the last stop, add another 22.4 if you ride back to the start for a ~63 mile round trip. Google estimates 2 hours and 45 minutes of riding. I'd make it a 6 hour estimate with our stops.

I also included 3 breweries at the end of the list for anyone looking to take some Detroit beer home (I have not been to any of these, so I cannot comment on quality, but I have heard of them all before).

This is an on-road route, although there may/likely will be some chances for the knobbies to explores sections of the Packard Plant. However, tire kits are a good idea to have if you plan to do this as there were lots of nails and broken glass last time I was there. Also, as some parts are not structurally sound, please look and think before taking a route.

rjbergen screwed with this post 08-08-2013 at 09:19 AM
rjbergen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:17 AM   #8636
Roxyig
Adventurer

Oddometer: 19
Detroit Ride

I would like to join the group on this ride. The ride sounds well thought out to me. Count me in

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbergen View Post
Sorry for digging back a ways, but I've been talking with frecks and would like to take another ride through Detroit maybe in mid Sept.

Here's a map of the route I laid out to start:
https://www.google.com/maps/ms?msid=...2bb71c9c&msa=0
Note: Blue lines are travel routes. Red Lines are routes to explore the location. Pins (red colored) with "Stop" in the name are stops, those pins (green colored) without are simply to point out a point of interest as we ride by.

I've given this route to frecks for review, but he hasn't responded other than "Sweet" and I'm not sure if that was in reference to the route or me being able to get it all on one Google Map compared to the 2 maps I sent earlier.

In any case, the above list includes those who expressed interest in going when frecks first posted. If others are interested, please voice it.

If you're interested, please look over the route and provide comments, criticisms, feedback, and/or suggestions. The current route ventures through and past many of the landmarks of the city before swinging downriver for a few stops that I find interesting, but may not interest others as much. The route as-is is about 40 miles from the start to the last stop, add another 22.4 if you ride back to the start for a ~63 mile round trip. Google estimates 2 hours and 45 minutes of riding. I'd make it a 6 hour estimate with our stops.

I also included 3 breweries at the end of the list for anyone looking to take some Detroit beer home (I have not been to any of these, so I cannot comment on quality, but I have heard of them all before).

This is an on-road route, although there may/likely will be some chances for the knobbies to explores sections of the Packard Plant. However, tire kits are a good idea to have if you plan to do this as there were lots of nails and broken glass last time I was there. Also, as some parts are not structurally sound, please look and think before taking a route.
Old 08-08-2013, 05:46 AM   #8637
rjbergen
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxyig View Post
I would like to join the group on this ride. The ride sounds well thought out to me. Count me in
I tried to plan it out. I'd like others to review it and double check for errors and provide any feedback. None of this is set in stone yet.
Old 08-08-2013, 06:43 AM   #8638
Simple.
I'm Special

Oddometer: 600
Looks like all these Detroit trips are getting pretty popular. Maybe its time for an Adventure Detroit thread to be started.

Jon
Simple. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 06:56 AM   #8639
MKorn
2whl Addict

Oddometer: 743
I'm in.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjbergen View Post
I tried to plan it out. I'd like others to review it and double check for errors and provide any feedback. None of this is set in stone yet.

It looks good to me and i would like attend this ride.
02 Nighthawk 750 (sold)
06 DRz 400s
MKorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 09:11 AM   #8640
rjbergen
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxyig View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by MKorn View Post
It looks good to me and i would like attend this ride.
Please note that the route has changed slightly. Just a little jaunt up Woodward past the Masonic Temple before returning south on Cass to the Masonic Temple.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simple. View Post
Looks like all these Detroit trips are getting pretty popular. Maybe its time for an Adventure Detroit thread to be started.

Jon
That would be interesting. There's plenty to see down there.