ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-26-2008, 12:09 PM   #211
code
advcurious

Oddometer: 560

Watch out for those little white stripes...they'll get ya. Nice pics of the bike and I. Not sure that I would've willing spent $40 for them though Notice the little ADV decal under the license plate
code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:23 PM   #212
Kath
2wheelmom

Oddometer: 321
As long as it doesn't become another monthly payment, we'll get along just fine.....

Maryland Tag O Rama Thread/MD TOR Map

"The destination is simply an excuse for the ride." ~XC Rider
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 12:30 PM   #213
Lukejt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Damn, that sucks. I'd hate that. Only place I can see that being OK is somewhere kids play or a dangerous area, intersection etc. Big Brother here we go. :(
Old 09-26-2008, 02:54 PM   #214
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,539
$40 bucks for 15 over is not bad. You seem pretty casual ,while recklessly breaking the law, looking off the the side of the road and all.

I thought that photo radar stuff would not fly in the US because of needing to have a witness testify in court. I guess that's why they reduced it somehow to just a $40 minor offence of somekind that a camera can be used for. Is this new? Hopefully it's just a Maryland thing.

Public safety program they call it...great.

Plus with the abundance of fire arms in this country I couldn't see one of those things lasting very long in some areas.

In Europe everyone is all freaked out at photo radar since it's a hefty fine. I just rode around with American plates over there, I wasn't to worried about getting a ticket in the mail. I did get pulled over by undercover cops once. That was 200 Euros on the spot or get your bike impounded. They lead the way to an ATM machine.
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:02 PM   #215
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,539
Quote:
Originally Posted by code
This sticker is great! I wouldn't mind a VA one, too bad our State flag would suck for this kind of layout.
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2008, 03:13 PM   #216
code
advcurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXedupONE
This sticker is great! I wouldn't mind a VA one, too bad our State flag would suck for this kind of layout.
Thanks for the compliment...Am trying to go through the right channels before actually moving forward with the idea though. I don't want ADV to be pissed at me for using their logo, etc. If it moves through, then maybe we'll get one made for va. and so forth.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOXedupONE
You seem pretty casual ,while recklessly breaking the law, looking off the the side of the road and all.
Love how you put that. TOO FUNNY!
Old 09-26-2008, 03:47 PM   #217
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,000
We are starting to take those things out their pay for our field crews. Between Montgomery County and DC they are a monthly payment for our company. The up side is that I pretty much know where all those damn things are now.
Old 09-26-2008, 04:34 PM   #218
code
advcurious

decal update.....
wrote to the modsquad on the site and their reply was as follows...
"If you remove ADVrider off the sticker, you can do it, just don't use our name on your stickers. We strictly control the use of our site's name and logo and we have repeatedly denied requests for self made stickers and t-shirts. There are only 2 authorized site vendors here, one for T shirts and one for stickers/patches. We've said no to other merchandising as well. The site admins do not want our logo or name commercialized in any way. That's why there are no popups, or spam, or site "sponsors".
Thanks for your understanding,
GB and the Mod Squad

So, chop the top part off the decal and we're a go. Kinda blows, I know...you'd think it would be advertising for the site..guess they only want it in the form that they control (which is understandable and I can respect that).

So are you guys wanting to move forward? Will take some pics shortly and post them as an edit to this post.
~Joe
Old 09-28-2008, 09:18 AM   #219
code
advcurious

Damn..ya get a lil' close to the city and people start backing down. Guess no one is gonna get the last tag?

code screwed with this post 09-28-2008 at 09:24 AM
Old 09-28-2008, 10:10 AM   #220
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Oddometer: 801
Quote:
Damn..ya get a lil' close to the city and people start backing down. Guess no one is gonna get the last tag?
hey.. I would but I went home sick as dog on thurs... and don't quite feel human yet

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
hondahawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:06 AM   #221
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 8,000
Quote:
It hasn't been the best weather for riding over the Key Bridge ya know. But I thought somebody would have nabbed it this morning.
Old 09-28-2008, 11:18 AM   #222
Kath
2wheelmom

Oddometer: 321
I'm guessing Joe will grab it tomorrow during the work day since he works in Baltimore.

Maryland Tag O Rama Thread/MD TOR Map

"The destination is simply an excuse for the ride." ~XC Rider
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:30 PM   #223
code
advcurious

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog
It hasn't been the best weather for riding over the Key Bridge ya know. But I thought somebody would have nabbed it this morning.
Will grab it up tomorrow evening if no one else does by the end of the day. Had thought about running out today around noonish to grab it, but couldn't get motivated to ride the bike out towards work on a day off
Aside from that...I'm giving anyone else wanting to play all the opportunity in the world to grab this up before one of us, that have already grabbed several up, gets it. Even asked Kath if she wanted it....
Old 09-28-2008, 12:55 PM   #224
Lukejt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:

Grew up and spent most of my adult life inside the beltway. Been there, done that, I'll let somebody else grab that one. :)
Old 09-28-2008, 01:03 PM   #225
bostonsr
Just weight

Oddometer: 8,402
Quote:

Watch out for those little white stripes...they'll get ya. Nice pics of the bike and I. Not sure that I would've willing spent $40 for them though Notice the little ADV decal under the license plate
note the actual date of postmark and compare it to the date of the violation. there is a certain time period in which this needs to take place...if it does not...the ticket is invalid.

9/14 -9/23...looks like you're in it...sorry bud. wasn't your bike at the shop that day?

abe

"If you want me to forgive and forget about it, stop reminding me about it."
bostonsr is offline   Reply With Quote