ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-28-2008, 02:50 PM   #226
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 10,293
So I took the tunnel. I got to test my new Teknic jacket and Olympia gloves and I am happy to report both are waterproof as advertised. Look out for the inlet with no cover on Kieth Highway if you are in this 'hood.

Couldn't get to the exact same spot. The toll cop parked across the end of that pier was already giving me the stink eye. I didn't think he would understand this concept without a bit of a hassle.

Going back out into the deluge. This won't be very far or very original - it sucks out there today.

Grreatdog screwed with this post 09-28-2008 at 02:58 PM
Grreatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 03:01 PM   #227
Lukejt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Dude, you are DA MAN! Braving the elements and riding through the tunnel from Annapolis on a ril dirt bike. ;)
Old 09-28-2008, 03:43 PM   #228
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

The LC4 sounds sweet in the Harbor Tunnel. No way I'm going over the Key Bridge today on the bike. But, with my wife at work all day and a new bike, I really did want to get a nice shake down ride in before I take it to the Shenandoah 500 next weekend.

So I'm glad y'all gave me an excuse to go play in the rain. Besides it has poured at all three S500's I have ridden. This kinda gets me in the right frame of mind for the coming abuse. Besides you hate to show up in a new jacket and have everybody thinking nOOb.

Well here ya go - I assume no clues are needed. But if y'all need one just look left at Grreatdog's home port. I wanted to get closer but this time it was the GSA cops giving me stink eye. The left side kickstarter must make cops nervous.

Grreatdog screwed with this post 09-28-2008 at 04:53 PM
Grreatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 07:45 PM   #229
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Oddometer: 804
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grreatdog
The LC4 sounds sweet in the Harbor Tunnel. No way I'm going over the Key Bridge today on the bike. But, with my wife at work all day and a new bike, I really did want to get a nice shake down ride in before I take it to the Shenandoah 500 next weekend.

So I'm glad y'all gave me an excuse to go play in the rain. Besides it has poured at all three S500's I have ridden. This kinda gets me in the right frame of mind for the coming abuse. Besides you hate to show up in a new jacket and have everybody thinking nOOb.

Well here ya go - I assume no clues are needed. But if y'all need one just look left at Grreatdog's home port. I wanted to get closer but this time it was the GSA cops giving me stink eye. The left side kickstarter must make cops nervous.

Nice KTM... I also have a SXC Motard LC4 - great bike..... Kudos for getting out today... and I am way jealous bout the s500 next weekend ....

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
hondahawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:12 AM   #230
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hondahawkrider
Nice KTM... I also have a SXC Motard LC4 - great bike..... Kudos for getting out today... and I am way jealous bout the s500 next weekend ....
Yep, a KTM was the only thing I was shopping for when I needed a new bike this summer. I put some miles on an 640 LC4 one at a couple of previous Shenandoah 500's and loved that bike. So an LC4 was at the top of my list.

This one seems to have all the usual upgrades except the clutch bearing. I am pretty happy with it. but it is only a matter of time before I throw it down looking for a sidestand. I will have to switch it back after the Shenandoah 500 flat tire fest.
Old 09-29-2008, 10:05 AM   #231
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Oddometer: 804
Quote:
Yep, a KTM was the only thing I was shopping for when I needed a new bike this summer. I put some miles on an 640 LC4 one at a couple of previous Shenandoah 500's and loved that bike. So an LC4 was at the top of my list.

This one seems to have all the usual upgrades except the clutch bearing. I am pretty happy with it. but it is only a matter of time before I throw it down looking for a sidestand. I will have to switch it back after the Shenandoah 500 flat tire fest.
I got tired of beating up my dr350se riding to places to go offroad (and got tired of tickets by barney fife for my trailer) so I sold it and have a 620 Adventure 609cc low pipe model in my garage - in pieces.. The 2 week refresh has turned into a full (well sort of) rehab.. My intent is to have it ready for the s500 and pb500 next year.... see http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=271534
I got sidetracked this past year with family stuff....

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
hondahawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:54 PM   #232
Jaseun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Finally one easy enough to fit my busy schedule! That was easy. Now I must come up with a good one. Same town ok? -Jason

Jaseun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 03:24 PM   #233
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Don't worry, I can't get the next one even in town. Gotta go to the heart doc tomorrow.

So I don't think I will be riding the bike hooked up to a heart monitor. Those readings might convince the doc to kill my Shenandoah 500 plans.

I fully intend to be a decaf drinking easy listening station cage driving old guy for the next couple of days.
Old 09-29-2008, 05:23 PM   #234
code
advcurious

Oddometer: 669
Quote:
Don't worry, I can't get the next one even in town. Gotta go to the heart doc tomorrow.

So I don't think I will be riding the bike hooked up to a heart monitor. Those readings might convince the doc to kill my Shenandoah 500 plans.

I fully intend to be a decaf drinking easy listening station cage driving old guy for the next couple of days.
Hope all is well and that you check out fine to go on the 500. That'll have to serve as a next years plan for myself, along with the pine barrens..haha. Can't wait!
code is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 06:53 PM   #235
BmoreBandit
Gnarly something..

Oddometer: 489
eh, that tag from baltimore, with the ship in the background, is like 5min from where i live. as a matter of fact, me and a friend were riding around there just today.
just as i figured there is no way tag is ever coming to the city...just a matter of time before its back to cumberland/westminster.

A man who procrastinates in his choosing will inevitably have his choice made for him by circumstance.. H Thompson
BmoreBandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 PM   #236
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

All it took was 80 miles of expressway in the rain on knobbies. No wonder my heart is bad.

So you get to do the reverse trip if our friend really does tag another one here in the Crapital.
Old 09-29-2008, 09:07 PM   #237
truck6driver
The Fireman

Oddometer: 7,292
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaltimoreBandit
eh, that tag from baltimore, with the ship in the background, is like 5min from where i live. as a matter of fact, me and a friend were riding around there just today.
just as i figured there is no way tag is ever coming to the city...just a matter of time before its back to cumberland/westminster.
When was it in Cumberland?

Ray
truck6driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:53 PM   #238
jennthebiker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 10
i'm hoping to do some tagging tomorrow but have zero to tag. :(
jennthebiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 05:59 AM   #239
Kath
2wheelmom

Oddometer: 322
If there's a tag open on the weekend, I will be a contender to bring the tags back West ;) lol

Maryland Tag O Rama Thread/MD TOR Map

"The destination is simply an excuse for the ride." ~XC Rider
Kath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2008, 06:51 AM   #240
Jaseun
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
I have several spots to chose from, it will be released no later than Wednesday evening. Had to consult with my wife, she's into this kind of thing. -Jason
Jaseun is offline   Reply With Quote