ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-26-2009, 01:36 PM   #2716
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 10,681
Excellent try Max! Bet you had a really nice ride.
I am central PA spawn. You folks have some really nice riding up there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaximum
Even tresspassed.

Nice to see the game moving

Jax' mediocre photo thread.
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #2717
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 4,917
Is the new tag the bridge, or the park?

I know, I don't have the time to nab it and set a new tag, but I am interested.

Just asking.

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:39 PM   #2718
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Quote:
Even tresspassed.

Hey, was that you on the Strom I saw at the Sheetz right there off of 40? I think I saw you burning one, and resting.

Just wondering.

Go You Spurs!!
Old 10-26-2009, 01:40 PM   #2719
pbharvey
Tagoholic

Oddometer: 883
Nice try Max

Old 10-26-2009, 01:46 PM   #2720
MZRider
Neo-Luddite

Oddometer: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragin Rabbi
Is the new tag the bridge, or the park?

I know, I don't have the time to nab it and set a new tag, but I am interested.

Just asking.
The Tag Photo is your bike parked at the western most parking area (no gates) with the bend of the creek in the background. Did it there to minimize the possibility of us getting run over (busy road most times of the day). But tell us the name of the park and where it is when you post the Grab. You could maybe get your bike and the park sign in the same shot without getting hit...
'88 Ducati Paso, '91 ATK 604
'94 MZ Silver Star, '96 CCM 350
MZRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 01:54 PM   #2721
JaxObsessed

MZ, I love that 32 year old thumper.

Old 10-26-2009, 02:24 PM   #2722
Dozer1
i ride your bike

Oddometer: 299
In regards to the clue, maybe I should have worded it more in the cultural divide sense of the line rather than imply a battle line, but I think the gist of it was understood; regardless, anyone that DIDN'T get what I was getting at because it was too esoteric for them may need to go read a book.

As far as the tag, I don't really think that anyone would be too bothered by someone taking a quick pic in front of the strip, regardless of it being closed. Now, if you got caught doing a burnout to please your imaginary crowd and then making a quick run down the strip, THAT would be reprehensible (but fun..)

BTW, where is Crabby?
"Once again there is tons of South Americans, Europeans and miscellanious Asians strolling around but dang few Americans. They are probably busy working overtime saving up for just the right bike, gps, saddle bags, blue tooth, crash bars, audio mixer/wahatever. Work harder, faster I am sure that next bike will be the one to make you happy."
www.flickr.com/noahscialom
Dozer1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 02:44 PM   #2723
MZRider
Neo-Luddite

Well, to me there's no "gray area" - the sign says no trespassing, so I respect the property owners rights and stay out. I don't really want to have to talk with any of my cousin's deputies either.
Old 10-26-2009, 02:55 PM   #2724
MZRider
Neo-Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaxObsessed
MZ, I love that 32 year old thumper.
I'm loving it too! Rode 205 miles yesterday, unfortunately only about 40 of them off-road due to time constraints. A few photos if I may:

Lone Pine Reservoir, Michaux St. Forest, PA. The guy on the KLX250S is my (75 year old) riding buddy Leo:

Bear Valley Picnic Grounds, Buchanan St. Forest, near Ft. Loudon, PA:

MZRider screwed with this post 10-26-2009 at 03:40 PM
Old 10-26-2009, 04:43 PM   #2725
madmaximum
She said we're all idiots

Oddometer: 3,352
Quote:
Hey, was that you on the Strom I saw at the Sheetz right there off of 40? I think I saw you burning one, and resting.

Just wondering.
Yup, that was me. I was uploading my bruce photo when you saw me.

JaxObsessed, it was a great ride. Warmer in your neck of the woods too! Send me a pm if you ever get the urge ride in this area.

BTW, I took photos to grab the new tag, but I won't post until I make sure I can set a new tag. Gotta verify weather and wifey first. Maybe someone can bruce me twice today!
madmaximum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 05:04 PM   #2726
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Quote:
Yup, that was me. I was uploading my bruce photo when you saw me.

JaxObsessed, it was a great ride. Warmer in your neck of the woods too! Send me a pm if you ever get the urge ride in this area.

BTW, I took photos to grab the new tag, but I won't post until I make sure I can set a new tag. Gotta verify weather and wifey first. Maybe someone can bruce me twice today!
Dude, think, you were only like twenty minutes from the NEW tag!

I was gonna swing in and say hello. If you ever plan on riding this area again, hit me up.

I'm going to WV this weekend weather permiting. Not sure where exactly? Maybe towards the Hatfield McCoy area. A little Camping/riding... Last of the year. Friday AM.

Anyway, sorry about the Bruce. When I have the time, can't find the Tag, or it is in Annapolis/Baltimore area. When don't have the time, it is in my backyard...

Later.

Go You Spurs!!
Old 10-26-2009, 06:40 PM   #2727
madmaximum
She said we're all idiots

Oddometer: 3,352
Quote:
Dude, think, you were only like twenty minutes from the NEW tag!

I was gonna swing in and say hello. If you ever plan on riding this area again, hit me up.

I'm going to WV this weekend weather permiting. Not sure where exactly? Maybe towards the Hatfield McCoy area. A little Camping/riding... Last of the year. Friday AM.

Anyway, sorry about the Bruce. When I have the time, can't find the Tag, or it is in Annapolis/Baltimore area. When don't have the time, it is in my backyard...

Later.
I rode right past the new tag on my way to the dragstrip, and i even though "that's a nice park with an interesting name". I took the pictures with all intentions of posting another bruce, but now I'm not sure. It's still there, weather isn't supposed to be bad, and I'm pretty sure I can get in MD to the spot I picked before dark. Gonna drink a beer and ponder it.
madmaximum is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2009, 09:40 PM   #2728
ThePawnbroker
Adventurer

Oddometer: 34
Nice Enduro

MZ,

That Yammy is gorgeous. I remember 'em as a kid. Back then we called them Enduro's. Somewhere between back then and nowadays, people forgot what that term meant. When I went looking to buy one a few years ago, none of the salespeople had any idea what I was talking about when I said I wanted an Enduro. Then I learned there's a "new" type of bike called a dual-sport.
2001 DRZ 400R
1977 HD Sportster
ThePawnbroker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 02:40 AM   #2729
JaxObsessed

Where's crabby?

I suspend my Dozer suspicion, and am going with, still at the base of this mailbox. I jammed it in the ground to hide it right at the base of the pole. I dunno though.. maybe somebody saw me put it there and took it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho
I think I got the tag. I couldn't find Crabby. Was someone here before me?
Sorry I cant add more about this tag. I don't know what sort of facility it was. It was on Grimsville Road, not too far from Rt 94, north of 70 in Carroll County.

Old 10-27-2009, 06:42 AM   #2730
MZRider
Neo-Luddite

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThePawnbroker
MZ,

That Yammy is gorgeous. I remember 'em as a kid. Back then we called them Enduro's. Somewhere between back then and nowadays, people forgot what that term meant. When I went looking to buy one a few years ago, none of the salespeople had any idea what I was talking about when I said I wanted an Enduro. Then I learned there's a "new" type of bike called a dual-sport.
It's a lot less pretty when you get up close. PO lined the tank and was none too careful, so it has the resulting paint damage. Bike sat approx. 15 years in a damp basement garage and just about every fastener is corroded, there's rust on the frame and corrosion on the wheels and spokes too. Makes me sick when any bike no matter how "disposable" is left to rot in that fashion. But, what's done is done and it's a better "Winter bike" for me as a result. Won't have to worry about it getting dinged, chipped or rusted - it already is. Runs like a bike with only 660 miles on it though (now closer to a thousand), which is what counts for me!

The big difference between an "Enduro" and a "Dual-Sport" - Enduros were a lot prettier! Everything has to be all angular and angry looking nowadays.