ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2008, 05:33 PM   #16
dragoon
I'm the REAL Dingo Joe

Oddometer: 23,045
Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro
The reason I asked was because the date stamp on your tag photo was from August 23, but the stamp on your new photos is today.

You can't even manage your own thread, leave these people alone

daveology rule #143 - never ever pass up a chance to hear a band that has a stand up bass -Mutineer
dragoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:34 PM   #17
Lukejt
Adventurer

Oddometer: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad
I did not start it, so Idid not think about it. There is also the Empire State Tag-o-Rama.

Luke, good grab. One thing that is nice is for the tag grabber to post up a bit of info about the tag location so that others that may be interested may visit the site later. Not required, but a good thing to do.
No sweat, I'd love to and will in the future. This is right up my alley, I love taking pictures and talking about the ride and the area. TONS of civil war stuff around here.

The area is just south of the Conowingo Falls Dam and hydro power plant, between I-95 and Route 1 just off the Susquehana River. There is a nice path along the river for hiking or bicycling. There are some mountain bike and hiking trails in the area. The Susquehana is also a great place to kayak, and there is some white water (weather permitting) at some of the creeks that dump into the rive.

I took back roads from Finksburg, MD and just headed north and east. I went too far east and had to double back north of BelAir. I guess the easiest way to find this place would be to probably take Route 40 or Route 1 until the last possible turn on the MD side of the Susquehana River and just try and stay close to the water. I felt like I had to hurry before somebody else got there first, lol. Next time I'll be sure and take more pictures. The road that runs past this house follows a beuatiful creek for a ways before heading back torwards modern civiliation. The whole way home I kept thinking..."If only I had a blackberry."
Lukejt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:35 PM   #18
Lukejt
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retro
The reason I asked was because the date stamp on your tag photo was from August 23, but the stamp on your new photos is today.

That's just the folder I happened to stick it in....

The whole ride home I felt like somebody was going to beat me to the punch! I downloaded the one pic as soon as I could and uploaded it to my Photobucket account. My kids must have thought I was nuts, they kept asking me "What are you going to win daddy?" :)
Old 09-04-2008, 05:42 PM   #19
thetoecutter
Cutter of Toes

Oddometer: 1,814
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lukejt
That's just the folder I happened to stick it in....

The whole ride home I felt like somebody was going to beat me to the punch! I downloaded the one pic as soon as I could and uploaded it to my Photobucket account. My kids must have thought I was nuts, they kept asking me "What are you going to win daddy?" :)
yea I saw that date stamp on there too...

But Luke emailed me earlier thanking me for telling him about the Tag game and about his 120 mile ride to get it.

thetoecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 05:46 PM   #20
Lukejt
Adventurer

Next time I upload a pic for you cats I'll be sure and create a NEW folder with the correct date.

Alright, pretty sure I've decided on the next tag location, I'll head out first chance tomorrow and post up.

Luke
Old 09-04-2008, 06:01 PM   #21
2ndSPACE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,390
I am going to change the date on my camera just to f with people
2ndSPACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:07 PM   #22
2ndSPACE
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,390
seems i don't have to. I checked the details from my cell phone pics emailed to smugmug and they ain't right.
2ndSPACE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:08 PM   #23
thetoecutter
Cutter of Toes

Oddometer: 1,814
Quote:

Next time I upload a pic for you cats I'll be sure and create a NEW folder with the correct date.

Alright, pretty sure I've decided on the next tag location, I'll head out first chance tomorrow and post up.

Luke
dude, I can do this in photoshop !!!!

thetoecutter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2008, 06:09 PM   #24
Lukejt
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetoecutter
dude, I can do this in photoshop !!!!
You can, but I can't!

Can you photoshop VIDEO?

;)

Luke
Old 09-04-2008, 08:40 PM   #25
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,546
Let the games begin...

Nice to have all these other games with no one really in charge. Virginia is always such an authoritarian communistwealth in every way, even our tag game.

Date stamps mean nothing as they can be fiddled with, put in wrong files, cameras used by people who never bothered to set the date or a wrong date in 1997 etc...It's the honesty of the players that counts and if you say you rode out there today that's enough, no need to confirm. And no need to analize every tag game out there Retro! You doing it for the VA game should be plenty. We're the only ones that really need the oversight anyway so you are needed and apreciated, but it's funny how other states behave themselves well enough to not need a tag boss.

Haha you can tell the kids you don't really win anything except the glory of getting the tag, setting the next tag in a place of your choosing, and one big fat ride, sometimes without the glory if you get Bruced.

Have fun y'all.
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:09 PM   #26
Skyclad OP
Original Bastard

Oddometer: 5,380
Since I am still kinda the boss of the Maryland game, I say that Lukejt has the tag.

Here is the way that I see it. Even if Luke did use a file photo (not saying that he did or did not), who cares? There is no prize in this game other than the ride to get the tag and the dubious honor involved. It is a matter of rider integrity to not use file photos, and if you do, you lose the bigger of the two rewards IMHO. That is all.
Bald Eagle Bastard
The Mountains are Calling, and I Must Go
Skyclad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 12:42 PM   #27
Lukejt
Adventurer

Clue;
A town where the rebels were staged prior to Gettysburg. Go West young man, go Long as Well. ;)

Lukejt screwed with this post 09-05-2008 at 01:41 PM
Old 09-05-2008, 03:25 PM   #28
Retro
Just the Facts Ma'am

Oddometer: 33,243
Quote:

Luke
Sorry, I'm messing with you.

Hey Goonie, when was the last time you got a tag?

Quis custodiet ipros custodes?
Retro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2008, 07:16 PM   #29
SlipChip
Adventure Commuter

Oddometer: 3,117
I do believe he got one labor day wknd...

Discoveries are often made by not following instructions, by going off the main road, by trying the untried. - Frank Tyger

"Life begins at the end of your comfort zone." - Neale Donald Walsch
SlipChip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2008, 11:46 AM   #30
FOXedupONE
Momafox can I ride?

Oddometer: 2,546
Oh no! What happened, is this game dead already?

Do people really ride their bikes up there in Maryland? Or is it just sportbike rider squids tearing up interstates, for 15 miles, on bikenights on their way to hanging out in shopping center parking lot's.

The "real" riders must just get the hell out of MD. to go take a ride and come to Virginia and other surrounding states. Which I can't blame em.

Still I'm sure there is some cool stuff to ride and go tag even in MD. Get out there MD people and have some fun playing tag.

There's a great looking tag up right now and it's been up for a few days...someone needs to go pick it up. Believe me once you get bitten by the bug y'all will have tons of fun.

FOXedupONE screwed with this post 09-08-2008 at 11:55 AM
FOXedupONE is offline   Reply With Quote