ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-19-2009, 07:23 AM   #841
Wreckchecker
Ungeneer to broked stuff.

Oddometer: 2,275
Look guys, the game's to ride & I happened to agree with VaTrader's post (#731) about playing neighborhood tag. This was supposed to be something different than the upper Potomac area where the tags seem to have been stuck for a while. While you folks in the north part of the Sate may not want to ride in DC, there are plenty of us who do it on a daily basis. Dual-sports are actually pretty common downtown.

If you are all so freaked out by DC (versus Baltimore???) and want to change the rules, vote it up. But what's going to happen when somebody from Salisbury moves the tag to Ocean City? How about St. Mary's County, past Pax River NAS? The new National Harbor? Whatever you folks want, I'll go with the flow.

I'm also up for posting an easier alternative, like I already did. I'm tied up at least through today, but if it's such a big deal and nobody goes after the monument or bridge in DC, I'll get you a new tag.
Wreckchecker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:54 AM   #842
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Oddometer: 800
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wreckchecker
Look guys, the game's to ride & I happened to agree with VaTrader's post (#731) about playing neighborhood tag. This was supposed to be something different than the upper Potomac area where the tags seem to have been stuck for a while. While you folks in the north part of the Sate may not want to ride in DC, there are plenty of us who do it on a daily basis. Dual-sports are actually pretty common downtown.

If you are all so freaked out by DC (versus Baltimore???) and want to change the rules, vote it up. But what's going to happen when somebody from Salisbury moves the tag to Ocean City? How about St. Mary's County, past Pax River NAS? The new National Harbor? Whatever you folks want, I'll go with the flow.

I'm also up for posting an easier alternative, like I already did. I'm tied up at least through today, but if it's such a big deal and nobody goes after the monument or bridge in DC, I'll get you a new tag.

Last I looked - DC isn't in MD but Baltimore was..... just saying....

Maybe you have to be messed up... before you can step up!
hondahawkrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 08:31 AM   #843
Will DaBeast
Go United

Oddometer: 1,319
Unsubscribe

Seriously you all need to get the sand out of your manginas
BMWMOA #127619
Will DaBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:11 AM   #844
Ragin Rabbi
Semper Fidelis

Oddometer: 4,681
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Blanc
Unsubscribe

Seriously you all need to get the sand out of your manginas
Concur, hafta start a central and western Maryland tag.....

It takes a village to raise a child.

Go You Spurs!!
Ragin Rabbi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 09:28 AM   #845
CapoGreg
Felonious Helmet Cam

Oddometer: 614
How about a Mapu-C-Hertz Tag-O-Rama.

Seriously, I'm fine with DC tags, or anywhere else anyone feels like putting them as long as the clues make it relatively easy to find by Google or some other search engine.

2006 Aprilia Caponord "L'Altra Donna"
2009 Kawasaki KLX250S "Bear"
1978 Yamaha DT 125E "Pig Pen"
1976 Honda CB750K
2006 Kawasaki Mule 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzirider
The GS is, on paper, a better bike, but I don't buy bikes made of paper.
Save $5 on SmugMug account with code: L4im8C7MUjvgQ
CapoGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:31 AM   #846
Wingfixer
Watch this...

Oddometer: 3,041
I have to chime in here, I think the Monument tag is awesome, everyone knows where it is and after this week it is easy to get to. It's about a 2.5 hour ride for me but if the weather improves and I can skate on work I will try for it. Heck, it is State ADVENTURE tag after all. Just look at the VA game, I live in the very far North part of VA, actually WV, and the tag has been living way down South for months, thats ok, when the weather gets a little better I look forward to going down there and stealing it!! All part of the adventure.
Old 01-19-2009, 10:36 AM   #847
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoGreg
How about a Mapu-C-Hertz Tag-O-Rama.

Seriously, I'm fine with DC tags, or anywhere else anyone feels like putting them as long as the clues make it relatively easy to find by Google or some other search engine.
Couple of things.. I keep seeing that DC was approved area for MD - but all I see is that SKyclad would include it but would let MD'ers decide - I guess I missed something..

I worked in DC for 10,years.. It's easy for commuters who ride in to get a tag downtown - but you aren't going to get a good ride by tagging the smithsonian or other monuments - it's going to be allot of stop and go bs traffic, trying to find the exact angle spot and won't be allot of fun to get to it - at least the ones in Baltimore were off the beaten track and fun to find. That said there are some better areas to tag say for instance some of the parkways - Rock Creek, Clara Barton - etc

Im all for DC as long as there is some good riding involved and it's not all stop and go... I think we would be better served by staying away from serious urban environments - but that's just me..

Old 01-19-2009, 01:10 PM   #848
Bucho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,726
So its Official. DC Tags are valid. Tag either of the DC tags to take "it".

But I agree w/ Jason (Hondahawkrider), put the tag where ever you want, but please make it a fun ride, neat place to go.
Bucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:12 PM   #849
Bucho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,726
Remember we are all just playing for FUN. We enjoy riding our bikes.

If we were somehow playing for money, then I'd be all for defining specific rules and sticking it to anyone who would cheat or bend rules.
Bucho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 03:04 PM   #850
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho
Remember we are all just playing for FUN. We enjoy riding our bikes.

If we were somehow playing for money, then I'd be all for defining specific rules and sticking it to anyone who would cheat or bend rules.
Hmm.. I'd be willing to buy a beer or contribute some gas $$ to anyone who makes a pilgrimage into DC and gets one there on Jan 20th... C'mon, those who like DC tags... Dooooo EEETTTT .. I double dog dare ya...

Old 01-19-2009, 05:36 PM   #851
Grreatdog
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 9,166
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyclad
As far as DC goes, it was indeed deteremined in early posts that Washington would be included in the MD game.
Wow, i go into hibernation for a few days and y'all have a fine old time without me. IMO, what is now DC originally came from MD not VA, so why not. I can think of some really cool tags there. Ride the length of Rock Creek Park and then tell me it is a sewer. Of course Rock Creek itself actually is a sewer......

As for the 20th, all of our employees were sent to down to Lexington Park or up to Baltimore for the week. I wouldn't go there on a double dog dare this week. But I've got the LC4 on a battery tender just in case some intrepid psychopath does move this along. Glad to see it coming back my way.

Grreatdog screwed with this post 01-19-2009 at 05:42 PM
Grreatdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 05:47 PM   #852
CapoGreg
Felonious Helmet Cam

Oddometer: 614
I wouldn't go near DC tomorrow either, but at least for me, riding in stop-and-go DC or Baltimore traffic isn't any worse than getting beaten by wind on the superslab for 2 or 3 hours each direction. Although, I'm breaking down and ordering a Laminar Lip, so that might change

2006 Aprilia Caponord "L'Altra Donna"
2009 Kawasaki KLX250S "Bear"
1978 Yamaha DT 125E "Pig Pen"
1976 Honda CB750K
2006 Kawasaki Mule 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guzzirider
The GS is, on paper, a better bike, but I don't buy bikes made of paper.
Save $5 on SmugMug account with code: L4im8C7MUjvgQ
CapoGreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 07:16 PM   #853
hondahawkrider
DAMN Rider/Motardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapoGreg
I wouldn't go near DC tomorrow either, but at least for me, riding in stop-and-go DC or Baltimore traffic isn't any worse than getting beaten by wind on the superslab for 2 or 3 hours each direction. Although, I'm breaking down and ordering a Laminar Lip, so that might change
I got a TT lip for the 990 more so to prove to myself that it wouldn't work... Uh umm.. it's still on my bike.....and worth the exorbitant price I paid for it ...

Old 01-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #854
skierd
Wannabe Far-Rider

Oddometer: 2,851
*looks out at at bike covered in snow*

Yup, I'm not riding tomorrow. Supposed to be 45* on friday though.
skierd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:17 PM   #855
Armadillofz1
Retarded Motardian

Oddometer: 745
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickrwh
I just had to pipe in here.

Can someone explain what's "fun" about riding to the cesspool that is our nations capitol?
isn't called Distrikt of Crap for nothing...