ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-05-2012, 11:19 AM   #8626
mdubya
Right Brigade

Oddometer: 7,219
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrunotriding View Post

This is the kind of place mdubya dreams of at night.

Old 01-07-2012, 06:10 AM   #8627
jmp5us
MY DUDE!

Oddometer: 23
Cool2 Interesting first tag....

Well, new guy here, and I got the tag last night, atleast I hope it counts.

Went out for a night ride with my old man so I said shit while we're out lets go get this tag. I came onto baumgardner from keysville rd. I rode to the end of the road where I believe you took your picture, there would have been a big old farm house on the right kind of ontop a small hill correct? If so that gate was closed that your picture was taken at. I did cross ice to get there but it was not bad. I was sitting at the end of the drive way to the old farm house and was gettin the Willis like I was being watched, lights were on in the windows of the house, like candles in the windows but there were no cars and the drive way had a steel cable across it. I should have take. A picture of that but I high tailed it out. I rode back to the sign that said no through traffic, local traffic only and commenced to taking a few snaps at that hoping the would qualify. I will upload as soon as I get home this morning. They are hard to make out becuse of the flash from my phone... Did the best I could.

So I finish up takin my pics jump on my bike and roll out, I get to the top of the rd back where bullfrog rd comes in and stop to talk to pops. And here come headlights... Now let me say I saw no vehicles at the old farm house but felt I was being watched, there was one other house, smaller no lights on and one small car in the drive. Up the rd behind me here comes some kind of suv or truck with a cap still not sure. She pulls up about 2 ft from the back of my bike nd my dads and on come the highbeams I tries to save her around, nothing... So I jump of my bike and make my way back to her. I'm greated with yelling and screaming . Cuss me up one side and down the other. Nasty old witch, looked somewhat like a witch too, haggard lookin, and would not listen to a god damn thing I had to say. GREAT FIRST TAG!!!!!!

Sorry for the long post will have pics up in a few hours, just though I should share my first tag experience
jmp5us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:50 AM   #8628
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 12,661
MD TOR players are reviled throughout the realm.
Getting bitched out on your 1st tag must be a first!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp5us View Post

Went out for a night ride with my old man so I said shit while we're out lets go get this tag. I came onto baumgardner from keysville rd. I rode to the end of the road where I believe you took your picture, there would have been a big old farm house on the right kind of ontop a small hill correct? If so that gate was closed that your picture was taken at. I did cross ice to get there but it was not bad. I was sitting at the end of the drive way to the old farm house and was gettin the Willis like I was being watched, lights were on in the windows of the house, like candles in the windows but there were no cars and the drive way had a steel cable across it. I should have take. A picture of that but I high tailed it out. I rode back to the sign that said no through traffic, local traffic only and commenced to taking a few snaps at that hoping the would qualify. I will upload as soon as I get home this morning. They are hard to make out becuse of the flash from my phone... Did the best I could.

So I finish up takin my pics jump on my bike and roll out, I get to the top of the rd back where bullfrog rd comes in and stop to talk to pops. And here come headlights... Now let me say I saw no vehicles at the old farm house but felt I was being watched, there was one other house, smaller no lights on and one small car in the drive. Up the rd behind me here comes some kind of suv or truck with a cap still not sure. She pulls up about 2 ft from the back of my bike nd my dads and on come the highbeams I tries to save her around, nothing... So I jump of my bike and make my way back to her. I'm greated with yelling and screaming . Cuss me up one side and down the other. Nasty old witch, looked somewhat like a witch too, haggard lookin, and would not listen to a god damn thing I had to say. GREAT FIRST TAG!!!!!!

Sorry for the long post will have pics up in a few hours, just though I should share my first tag experience
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 01:54 PM   #8629
WayneJ
LFC/CCCCC

Oddometer: 5,505
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmp5us View Post
Welcome to the game n00b.

Now, where's that grab photo?
20% Smug Mug Credit
WayneJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 02:06 PM   #8630
yru
After 6, it's iffy

Oddometer: 2,249
Welcome

2004 RC51
2012 Tiger 800XC

yru screwed with this post 01-07-2012 at 02:44 PM
yru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 03:53 PM   #8631
jmp5us
MY DUDE!

Its dark...

sorry for the terrible quality. again, this is not at the gate, the gate was closed, the sign thats screwed from the flash is the "local traffic no through traffic"
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2012, 03:54 PM   #8632
jmp5us
MY DUDE!

i have a few more, but they are all just as terrible quality
Attached Images

Old 01-07-2012, 05:11 PM   #8633
Bucho
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,829
Between the crappy pics and what you described I think you had the right spot. I'm not in charge of this game but I say you got the tag. Good job!

Sorry you took some crap for it new guy. I guess at night your headlights are a lot more obvious, then the hazy afternoon when I placed the tag. Nothings illegal as long as you didn't go around any gates.

We'll be awaiting the new tag.
Bucho is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 05:13 PM   #8634
JaxObsessed
RushMoran....... :D

Oddometer: 12,661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bucho View Post
Between the crappy pics and what you described I think you had the right spot. I'm not in charge of this game but I say you got the tag. Good job!

Sorry you took some crap for it new guy. I guess at night your headlights are a lot more obvious, then the hazy afternoon when I placed the tag. Nothings illegal as long as you didn't go around any gates.

We'll be awaiting the new tag.
+1
JaxObsessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:16 AM   #8635
jmp5us
MY DUDE!

next tag

if my last tag is passed through inspection... here the next, fairly easy, west of the last tag
Attached Images

Old 01-08-2012, 02:57 PM   #8636
pbharvey
Tagoholic

Oddometer: 883
Orioles Club at Hawbottom Road & Baltimore National Pike, Middletown

pbharvey screwed with this post 01-08-2012 at 04:11 PM
pbharvey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 03:54 PM   #8637
Litespeed602
Going in Circles

Oddometer: 793
http://www.advrider.com/forums/annou....php?f=2&a=106
2014---Deadhorse, Alaska
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=991514
Litespeed602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:15 PM   #8638
pbharvey
Tagoholic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Litespeed602 View Post
Twice now I've used Tap-a-talk just to speed things up a little when out at the tag. I replace the attached photo with the photobucket one when I get home. So what's the deal with tap-talk-now?
Old 01-08-2012, 04:20 PM   #8639
pbharvey
Tagoholic

New Tag

The is the bridge I thought the other one was

(scroll back a few pages if you can't figure it out)
Old 01-10-2012, 06:59 AM   #8640
pbharvey
Tagoholic

Just in case

There's some of this

near the tag if you like that sort of thing. (Prices Distillery tag from May 2009)

Might want to check the weather though before setting out