ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-25-2010, 01:41 PM   #3271
Mudhen
Foul Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,249
He had to make a parts run over to Eliot...

Thanks man. Cover is going on tonight...she'll either run, or be dumped in the Piscataqua!
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2010, 03:03 PM   #3272
mustang
Lurker Extraordinaire

Oddometer: 630
new tag

in keeping with the tank theme (no not the tigger )

this one's easy

mustang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:03 AM   #3273
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,461
Sorry, final HighJack -

Update on ADVBMW - I dropped him at Logan yesterday. He is headed out, and left his bike here in my friend's garage. He was going to ride it home, but we think he got a bit of a concusion (some dizzy spells), and it wouldn't be safe to get on two wheels and try to ride a few thousand miles.

He plans to come back in Sept. to pick it up...if I can't get a chance to ride it out to him first.

In truth both ADVBMW and the bike were extremely lucky. We went to the crash site, and the skid mark told of a high speed bike accident. Somehow he came out of it with a broken collar bone, and concussion, and the bike had a couple of bent levers, cracked winshield and a bunch of plastic scraped pretty good.

We spent most of Tuesday driving around NH trying to get his parts, they were supposed to have been over nighted to the Suzuki place, but they weren't there. Either way, he got to see the Kanc (going both ways) to Conway from Woodstock, and back. We ended up crashing at my place Tue night after a great dinner at Buckley's in Merrimack, and then got up early to get him down to Logan.

I am really glad I got to help him out. A great guy, with a ton of awesome stories. Talk about fearless adventurers!!
AndyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:37 AM   #3274
Mudhen
Foul Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,249
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyCap
We ended up crashing at my place Tue night
Boy, that's an odd choice of words...
Mudhen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 09:44 AM   #3275
NikonVT
Gettin Bruced Again

Oddometer: 2,446
Quote:
In truth both ADVBMW and the bike were extremely lucky. We went to the crash site, and the skid mark told of a high speed bike accident. Somehow he came out of it with a broken collar bone, and concussion, and the bike had a couple of bent levers, cracked winshield and a bunch of plastic scraped pretty !!
Sorry I couldn't meet up. Not to criticize but he was very lucky - good reason why not to pass on double yellows.

Bras cause cancer.
NikonVT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:04 AM   #3276
AndyCap
Mineral Oil Anyone?

Oddometer: 1,461
Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonVT
Sorry I couldn't meet up. Not to criticize but he was very lucky - good reason why not to pass on double yellows.
I am sure he wouldn't see it as any more of a criticizm than he gave himself. He was VERY lucky. We looked at the crash site and he could easilly have hit a mile marker or any number of other things that would have made a much different ending to this story.
AndyCap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2010, 11:35 AM   #3277
NikonVT
Gettin Bruced Again

Quote:
I am sure he wouldn't see it as any more of a criticizm than he gave himself. He was VERY lucky. We looked at the crash site and he could easilly have hit a mile marker or any number of other things that would have made a much different ending to this story.
That can be a tough road if you don't know it. I was curious what happened so I made a phone call only to hear that he was passing on a double yellow in a blind curve with a car coming opposite direction and at a high speed. I thought "damn, he's lucky".... Glad he's ok and hey, you may get a free trip out west on his bike

Sorry - back to TOR

I wanted to go yesterday to get it but the wife talked me out of it since it was my last day home from work w/ the new baby before a 19 day stretch...

Bras cause cancer.
Old 05-28-2010, 07:20 AM   #3278
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,541
Old Tag

I can't say that the sign provided a welcoming feeling. They must get too much overflow parking when crashcar is in town!

Off to pick up something a bit smaller, my new 44 is in, need to mow the lawn but in between - I have a couple of ideas to check out for the next tag.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Fire Escape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2010, 07:42 PM   #3279
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

New Tag

Once again I have to hope that this one (if previously used) wasn't used recently. I have to apologise about not knowing what has been posted, as a dial-up user I would be too old to ride if I tried to go back and look at all the previous pictures first.

Let's try this one:

Too much angle on the setting sun to see this part in the first photo

Is that enough to start on?
Have fun.

Bruce
06 DR 650, Moose RS Holder, Handguards and Skidplate, ProTaper bars, Garmin 60CSx, Motech racks w/ 20mm Ammo cans, Renazco, TKCs summer/17" SM wheels winter 08 Scrambler, Conti Trail Attacks and BlackTiger Fork mod, 05 FSE 450, 03 KLR 250, 02 FXDX, 72 WR 250 (again), 72 SL 350 K2 (again), 72 TR6R, 06 XT 225
Old 05-30-2010, 09:04 AM   #3280
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Cry Too Hard? Too Easy?

Nice (mostly) day to ride yesterday, I thought that this one would be gone! Not enough information? Everyone already had plans? I really don't want to be a thread killer.

Bruce
Old 05-30-2010, 10:33 AM   #3281
NikonVT
Gettin Bruced Again

I don't know where it is but I'm too busy on a 19day work stretch that I really don't have time to get to whereever it is anyway. That and I have a feeling it's somewhere down by epsom....

Bras cause cancer.
Old 05-30-2010, 10:48 AM   #3282
Fire Escape
Beastly Adventurer

Laugh Near but not in.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by NikonVT
I don't know where it is but I'm too busy on a 19day work stretch that I really don't have time to get to whereever it is anyway. That and I have a feeling it's somewhere down by epsom....
Yes it is close to home (for me), just a few miles up the road in fact. I haven't yet come up with a "philosophy" for tagging. I don't know whether it is better to tag the things local to you to show others your area and travel to get tags that send you to explore new territory or recover tags that are on your doorstep and find new places to set them. Either way I will likely be too tied up with the 30th running of the Classic this week to do anything but add a hint if it is needed here.

Sounds like you have more than enough (even without work) to occupy you at present, enjoy!

Bruce
Old 05-30-2010, 10:52 AM   #3283
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,008
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fire Escape
Nice (mostly) day to ride yesterday, I thought that this one would be gone! Not enough information? Everyone already had plans? I really don't want to be a thread killer.

Bruce
I found the GPS coordinates online and lots of other info so I don't think that's it.

I didn't come up this morning because it's mostly a slab ride for me, and frankly I thought I'd get bruced because it is straightforward.

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 11:05 AM   #3284
garandman
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,008
There is free wifi at the McDonalds in Epsom.

“The problem in defense is how far you can go without destroying from within what you are trying to defend from without.” ― Dwight D. Eisenhower
garandman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2010, 12:42 PM   #3285
EvilClown
Reality show stunt double

Oddometer: 16,500

A little better picture...

...tough to see the bike in the first one. Bridge is located in Chichester off Depot Road.

The future is no place to place your better days. ~ DMB

The world is a book and those who do not travel read only one page.

~Augustine of Hippo

EvilClown screwed with this post 05-31-2010 at 04:12 PM
EvilClown is offline   Reply With Quote