Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-18-2011, 02:48 PM   #2521
bartman314
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
i think ~1 inch.

i'd measure the height difference, but bike is in shop. :-(

also it is firmer, so the 'sink' is less, and the amount there depends on the mass of the rider...
bartman314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:07 PM   #2522
TBickell
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 143
I just got a multi and only700 miles on it but I got the comfort seat straight away as the shape of the seat put my feel more on the ground. Not much different than stock but as we shorty's know... every little bit helps. It also feels a little firmer than stock so should be better for long hauls. The most I have done is a 200 mile day on and off the bike and no issues. Just a great motorcycle all and all.
TBickell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 03:18 PM   #2523
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
Gotcha. Thanks.
A couple of follow up questions if you don't mind:

- my mass is ~200lbs, is it somewhat close to your mass?
- does the enduro seat look similar or the same to the stock one? In other words when mounted on the bike does it stylistically look different? Or the trim, color etc is still the same. Pics would be nice also if that's not too much to ask.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bartman314 View Post
i'd measure the height difference, but bike is in shop. :-(

also it is firmer, so the 'sink' is less, and the amount there depends on the mass of the rider...

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:02 PM   #2524
bartman314
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
info, but no pics.

i weigh 225 lbs pre-gear (6'3")

style is better than stock - it has a better trim imho. no pics, bike in shop for at least another week (high sided at track). :-(
bartman314 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 06:38 PM   #2525
VeeNeck
Banned

Oddometer: 371
Thumb Ducati Performance: Enduro Seat - Feedback

Quote:
i have the enduro seat on my 1200s. it is taller and firmer than the stock seat, which is exactly what i was looking for. i now sit on the bike... not in it.

highly recommended.
Quote:
Also it is firmer, so the 'sink' is less, and the amount there depends on the mass of the rider...
bartman314 Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. The photo Ducati Performance has looks the same as the Low Seat or it is the wrong photo, and Ducati’s description lacks any real descriptive information. So thank you for the info, so it is slightly taller and firmer then stock, got it. Seating position is on top of bike not in it, got it and it sinks less, got it.

Ducati Multistrada 1200S still has a tall seat height, but the Low Seat was totally flat and square not the shape of the human rear-end, and it changed the riding position. I plan sitting most of the time, so the Enduro Seat is not the one for me; I prefer to be in the bike. I just didn’t like the shape of the stock seat. But I do like that Ducati is providing options to rider’s specific needs. As I purchased the Touratech “Active Breathing” Gore-Tex Seat for the BMW R1200GS it was awesome but at $1,100.00+, ouch.

bartman314, If you can post a photo of the Enduro Seat that would be appreciated for other to see.

Vee

VeeNeck screwed with this post 08-18-2011 at 06:45 PM
VeeNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #2526
VeeNeck
Banned

Laugh Ducati Performance: Comfort Seat – Feedback

Quote:
Originally Posted by TBickell View Post
I just got a multi and only700 miles on it but I got the comfort seat straight away as the shape of the seat put my feel more on the ground. Not much different than stock but as we shorty's know... every little bit helps. It also feels a little firmer than stock so should be better for long hauls. The most I have done is a 200 mile day on and off the bike and no issues. Just a great motorcycle all and all.
Tbickell, Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. The seat looks way better and finishes off the Multi better, and well the Pikes Peak seat looks even better. But with Ducati’s lack of any real descriptive information or customer service on accessories. This info was exactly what I was looking for, and from the photos I seen on individuals bikes it does look like it has a more sculpted shape to it, which is exactly what I was looking for. As I mentioned the Low Seat well fell short literally. I was looking for something slightly lower then stock height but more locked in regarding ergonomics.

Not much different than stock, but the shape of the seat put the riders feet more on the ground, so it may be more contoured and not as wide as stock. It also feels a little firmer than stock, got it. It sound exactly what I was looking for, and the trim well just looks cooler. The Comfort Seat is what the Multi should come with as standard equipment.

VeeNeck screwed with this post 08-22-2011 at 04:03 AM
Old 08-18-2011, 08:01 PM   #2527
Sideout
Noob Adventurer

Oddometer: 658
I second what VeeNeck said. It'd be nice if you could post a pic when you have a chance.

And sorry about the high side. Hope you are ok.

Quote:
i weigh 225 lbs pre-gear (6'3")

style is better than stock - it has a better trim imho. no pics, bike in shop for at least another week (high sided at track). :-(

Dum spiro spero

Sideout is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2011, 08:20 PM   #2528
VeeNeck
Banned

Thumb Cycle-Ergo.com

Check out the Motorcycle Ergonomics Simulator cycle-ergo.com

It is really spot on with ergonomic comparisons, I wish I would have new about this sooner. Check it out!

VeeNeck screwed with this post 08-18-2011 at 08:48 PM
Old 08-19-2011, 07:04 AM   #2529
StromHAMMER
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 132
Transmission Question

I purchased a used 2010 Multistrada S Touring three weeks ago. Great machine.

But I'm having an issue when I down shift from 3rd gear to 2nd gear. Sometimes, usually when slowing for a traffic light, it skips 2nd and goes straight to neutral. A couple of times the shifter has jammed in the lowest position and the transmission is stuck between 1st and neutral.

This never happens when I'm riding aggressively in the twisties. Only when slowing for a stop. And not every time.

Is this an issue with my lazy shifting style or a real defect with the transmission?

David
Old 08-19-2011, 07:12 AM   #2530
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 393
Quote:
Originally Posted by StromHAMMER View Post

But I'm having an issue when I down shift from 3rd gear to 2nd gear. Sometimes, usually when slowing for a traffic light, it skips 2nd and goes straight to neutral. A couple of times the shifter has jammed in the lowest position and the transmission is stuck between 1st and neutral.

This never happens when I'm riding aggressively in the twisties. Only when slowing for a stop. And not every time.

Is this an issue with my lazy shifting style or a real defect with the transmission?

David
Definitely your lazy style !!! I really don't know, I had a few shift issues , downshift only but I adjusted the level a little higher and this sorted it for me. More aggression required it seems.
Old 08-19-2011, 02:36 PM   #2531
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,337
^ agreed.....the shifter/transmission simply require a more attentive and authoritative foot movement.
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:22 PM   #2532
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by StromHAMMER View Post

David
You don't say how many miles are on the bike, but my bike has a bit over 5k miles on it and it's just now starting to loosen up (top and bottom end). That means it still needs a firm, authoritative shift, not a little wiggle with the toes. I think I've missed one shift in 5k miles (5 -> 6), and it was 100% my fault as I was being lazy. YMMV, etc.....

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 05:36 PM   #2533
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,151
whos bike us this?

How much did you cut off your can? Looks better how much more noise does it make
Quote:
Originally Posted by VeeNeck View Post
Tbickell, Awesome! Thanks for the feedback. The seat looks way better and finishes off the Multi better, and well the Pikes Peak seat looks even better. But with Ducati’s lack of any real descriptive information or customer service on accessories. This info was exactly what I was looking for, and from the photos I seen on individuals bikes it does look like it has a more sculpted shape to it, which is exactly what I was looking for. As I mentioned the Low Seat well fell short literally. I was looking for something slightly lower then stock height but more locked in regarding ergonomics.

Not much different than stock, but the shape of the seat put the riders feet more on the ground, so it may be more contoured and not as wide as stock. It also feels a little firmer than stock, got it. It sound exactly what I was looking for, and the trim well just looks cooler. The Comfort Seat is what the Multi should come with as standard equipment.

ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2011, 08:50 PM   #2534
VeeNeck
Banned

Eh? Not my bike or photos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebrew View Post
How much did you cut off your can? Looks better how much more noise does it make
It is not my bike or photos, I just grabbed them from the web to show the Comfort Seat installed.

Old 08-20-2011, 05:21 AM   #2535
ebrew
Motorcycle A.D.D.

Oddometer: 1,151
Cool thanx...

I like the comfort seat on mine. Just a little bit lower that the standard in stand over.

I found the info on the cut down can

ebrew screwed with this post 08-20-2011 at 05:57 AM
ebrew is offline   Reply With Quote