ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Beasts
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-11-2008, 12:39 PM   #16
bobw
Harden the phuck up
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: God's country, Western North Carolina
Oddometer: 856
Interesting. The "next" MS has been talked about for awhile, a prettier faced MS and/or larger tank HM would be nice to see. Hope the economy allows for the new models to come to the US.
bobw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:42 PM   #17
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché
 
Yossarian™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: the 'Ha
Oddometer: 9,411
Nice bike!

__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.
Yossarian™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #18
El Guero
V4 Whore
 
El Guero's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Iowa City, IA
Oddometer: 9,725
How big is the gas tank? Can you get aggressive tread in those wheel sizes?

I love the Hypermotard but I was very ambivalent about the Multistrada, it felt too cramped. This might be cool though.
__________________

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 12:56 PM   #19
Yossarian™
Deputy Cultural Attaché
 
Yossarian™'s Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: the 'Ha
Oddometer: 9,411
Needs a hard luggage option to make it an adv-tourer.

How aggressive of a tread is needed, Guero? Maybe if there was an adjustable front fender, so that you could move it up 3" for clearance purposes, it would make more sense.
__________________
Successfully surviving motorcycling since 1976.
Yossarian™ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 01:08 PM   #20
Josephvman
I'm the Decider
 
Josephvman's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2002
Location: Houston, TX
Oddometer: 3,430
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero
How big is the gas tank? Can you get aggressive tread in those wheel sizes?

I love the Hypermotard but I was very ambivalent about the Multistrada, it felt too cramped. This might be cool though.

Interesting...I find the Hyper to be more comfortable than the Multi as well. I feel too close to the bars on the Multi. If the Hyper could hold another 1.5 gallons of fuel it would be just about perfect.

I love this bike, if it's the "new" Multi. The problem as I see it is that Ducati will end up cannibalizing their own Hypermotard buyers with this bike. If this bike is coming, expect to see a lot of cheap used Hypers and Multi's around.
__________________
'11 Ducati Multistrada 1200S Sport "Stormtrooper II"
'09 BMW HP2 Sport
'98 Ducati 900SS Final Edition "The old whore"
'93 Ducati 900SS "Slightly older whore"
"Gentlemen. You can't fight in here. This is the War Room!"
Josephvman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:09 PM   #21
Willis24
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Willis24's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2007
Location: Kansas City, MO. USA
Oddometer: 335
Did someone move this thread into Road Warriors or did I post it here? I sure thought I posted this in the Beast section!
__________________
2000 Cagiva Gran Canyon
Willis24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:31 PM   #22
El Guero
V4 Whore
 
El Guero's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Iowa City, IA
Oddometer: 9,725
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yossarian™
Needs a hard luggage option to make it an adv-tourer.

How aggressive of a tread is needed, Guero? Maybe if there was an adjustable front fender, so that you could move it up 3" for clearance purposes, it would make more sense.
What the heck do I know? Street tires are probably fine, I'd probably stick to pavement if I had a bike like this anyways. Hard luggage would still be cool though. I want my next bike to be sportier than the ones I have though, ad although this is cool, I am not sure it is quite what I want.
__________________

El Guero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 05:55 PM   #23
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982
 
switchback's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Willis24
Did someone move this thread into Road Warriors or did I post it here? I sure thought I posted this in the Beast section!
You did put it into beasts. The mods just don't know what they are looking at.
__________________
David

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #24
Arch
Incurable Gearhead
 
Arch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Katy, TX
Oddometer: 11,705
Quote:
Originally Posted by switchback
You did put it into beasts. The mods just don't know what they are looking at.
The lines get blurred for sure. But I see this thing with its comfy fairing and front cylinder exhaust pipe all hanging down below in the breeze, and am looking at a Road Warrior, so I moved it here.

And BTW, I dig it.
__________________
Arch
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:31 PM   #25
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982
 
switchback's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arch
The lines get blurred for sure. But I see this thing with its comfy fairing and front cylinder exhaust pipe all hanging down below in the breeze, and am looking at a Road Warrior, so I moved it here.

And BTW, I dig it.
Arch,

I think you forgot to move all the MultiStrada, Ulysses, Versys, and new Tiger threads here as well. Perhaps a Ducati shouldn't be called a beast, I won't argue that one.
__________________
David

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 06:37 PM   #26
switchback
Eatin' Dirt Since 1982
 
switchback's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2002
Location: SLC, UT
Oddometer: 1,484
Quote:
Originally Posted by El Guero
What the heck do I know? Street tires are probably fine, I'd probably stick to pavement if I had a bike like this anyways. Hard luggage would still be cool though. I want my next bike to be sportier than the ones I have though, ad although this is cool, I am not sure it is quite what I want.
Looking at the pic the tires look as agressive as the typical adventure tread, not knobbies but definitely not a Scorpion Sync.
__________________
David

Wind is strong and cold
Rain blurs the winding road ahead
I live on two wheels
switchback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 09:29 PM   #27
Arch
Incurable Gearhead
 
Arch's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2001
Location: Katy, TX
Oddometer: 11,705
Don't have the energy or patience to care, so I'll move it back to Beasts and bow out of the thread. Carry on.
__________________
Arch
Arch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:49 AM   #28
Kallunki
Adventurer
 
Kallunki's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2007
Location: Finland
Oddometer: 90
Very nice bike
__________________
Suzuki DL650 V-Strom
Jotta löytäisi parkkipaikalta.
Dark Garage Performance r.y
SUPPORT your ARMY http://www.mil.fi/
Kallunki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 06:10 AM   #29
RaY YreKa
I Am the Mayor
 
RaY YreKa's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2007
Location: YreKa BaKery
Oddometer: 16,130
Ducatis 'Strada Aperta' is due in 2010, allegedly. I wonder if this is it??
__________________
IBA #40578

shine on, you crazy emo diamond
RaY YreKa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2008, 04:12 PM   #30
jehu
∩HƏſ
 
jehu's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2006
Location: Vail,AZ
Oddometer: 3,602
Maybe there IS a replacement for my Cagiva.
jehu is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:26 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014