Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-22-2012, 07:43 PM   #3271
cug
--

Oddometer: 4,843
Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco Enes View Post
Mine has a full termi exaust and you can ride it with no problem in every gear BELOW 2500rpm...
That's what I mean - it should do that with the stock exhaust. Without adding a 2k system to a 20k bike.

My bike runs just fine down to 1200 or 1300rpm or so and pulls cleanly out of this range. That's what I expect from a modern engine in a "daily use bike".
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 08:21 PM   #3272
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,472
cug, I remember you slamming Multistrada in your original post, yet you are still lurking in this thread

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 09:16 PM   #3273
cug
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac View Post
cug, I remember you slamming Multistrada in your original post, yet you are still lurking in this thread
Do you actually think before you post? I can read and write wherever I want here. Next, I didn't slam it - I said that Ducati solved the fueling problems that made the bike unrideable for me below 4k RPM by throwing fuel in with new maps. Third, why is it your problem where I read or write?
Old 06-22-2012, 10:55 PM   #3274
Francisco Enes
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
That's what I mean - it should do that with the stock exhaust. Without adding a 2k system to a 20k bike.

My bike runs just fine down to 1200 or 1300rpm or so and pulls cleanly out of this range. That's what I expect from a modern engine in a "daily use bike".

Youīre absolutely right! But if you buy the bike, from all the extra stuff you can put in it, (i have a lot of s**** in mine) this is the ONLY thing i would buy again!! Itīs a diferent bike! A better one!
Francisco Enes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2012, 11:03 PM   #3275
Francisco Enes
Adventurer

[ (i have a lot of s**** in mine) this is the ONLY thing i would buy again!! Itīs a diferent bike! A better one![/QUOTE]
Old 06-22-2012, 11:08 PM   #3276
cug
--

Interesting. I never rode a Multi with that exhaust. Hard to say whether I'd like it better with it or not. I'm pretty sure I like the Multi with all the small changes Ducati has made since 2010, but haven't ridden one since. Maybe next year ...
Old 06-23-2012, 02:05 AM   #3277
Francisco Enes
Adventurer

Wicked

Quote:
Interesting. I never rode a Multi with that exhaust. Hard to say whether I'd like it better with it or not. I'm pretty sure I like the Multi with all the small changes Ducati has made since 2010, but haven't ridden one since. Maybe next year ...

i can not express the real diference with or without the exaust !! the full termi with the respective chip it's like a new bike!! Itīs that good...
Old 06-25-2012, 01:23 PM   #3278
Francisco Enes
Adventurer

Quote:

Have you owned any two cilinder bike tha did that??

My v-max runs great in every gear at 1000 rmp .. but i canīt compare with the duc!!! is the two cilinders extra that makes the diference!! that's whats supost!!
Old 06-25-2012, 01:32 PM   #3279
cug
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Francisco Enes View Post
Have you owned any two cilinder bike tha did that??
Yep. My TransAlp was good down to 1500rpm, the F800GS was good down to like 1800 or 2k, the R1200GS was okay down to 2k. All those bikes were insanely better rideable than the Multi below 3k, the Multi was comparable between 3k and 4k and then left all of them in the dust above that. Depends on riding style whether that works for you or not. It doesn't really for me.
Old 06-25-2012, 03:50 PM   #3280
Bails
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 397
My two cents, there a re plenty of well performing twins at low RPM this is not one! This is about poor fueling, basically to meet emission standards !
Old 06-25-2012, 10:27 PM   #3281
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,042
Quote:
Yep. My TransAlp was good down to 1500rpm, the F800GS was good down to like 1800 or 2k, the R1200GS was okay down to 2k. All those bikes were insanely better rideable than the Multi below 3k, the Multi was comparable between 3k and 4k and then left all of them in the dust above that. Depends on riding style whether that works for you or not. It doesn't really for me.

You must have owned a very "special" 12GS. When I was one of the "cool kids" and hung out with other GS owners, we compared notes (and the size of our Starbucks cards ) and not one of them even RAN at 2k rpm (and by RAN I mean in gear....ANY gear....on level ground with no throttle input, just let it idle), let alone ran "OK". Most were like mine and at best wouldn't shake itself to pieces at 3k rpm, and flat puked and died at 2500 rpm. But what do I know. I only put 20k miles on mine and have put 12k miles on my MTS12.

Based on direct ownership experience, my MTS12 runs "insanely better" than my 12GS did at 2500rpm because, well, my GS wouldn't run that low. I guess they aren't all the same eh?

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2012, 10:31 PM   #3282
cug
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Most were like mine and at best wouldn't shake itself to pieces at 3k rpm, and flat puked and died at 2500 rpm.
Sorry, but that's complete bullshit. Makes sense that you mark your posts accordingly.
Old 06-25-2012, 10:43 PM   #3283
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 2,042
Quote:
Sorry, but that's complete bullshit. Makes sense that you mark your posts accordingly.
ROFL. I was MY BIKE, I damn well know how it ran vs. spouting total sh*t about bikes YOU never owned.

Flame away, your trolling is getting old (and I see you do the same on other brand threads, so I guess us MTS12 OWNERS shouldn't feel too privileged).

Later,
SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 12:41 AM   #3284
NMEXPAT
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
... My bike runs just fine down to 1200 or 1300rpm or so and pulls cleanly out of this range. That's what I expect from a modern engine in a "daily use bike".

Quote:

Sounds like you've been riding the wrong bikes...

From reading your posts, you're looking at the WRONG V twin. How about a HARLEY?

I hear they run awesome at 1.5k and 2k rpms.

To be completely serious, the MTS1200 was never intended to be a bike to lug around at low rpms. The basis for the engine was originally WSBK racing (tuned differently of course).

Yes, 1.5k and 2k rpms are now considered low and not midrange rpms. I've never had a problem with my 2010 MTS1200 at the low end. It pulls, it pulls hard and will lift the front wheel coming out of turns, all crossed up, even in urban mode. It's too much fun pretending to be Stoner coming out of corner all crossed up. I've yet to ride a bike that does this so easily and not wrapped up at 7k rpm.

If you're going to nit pick the MTS1200, try something a little more relevant like the electronic suspension, electronic key or warping gas tanks.

Have fun on your tiger!

NMEXPAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2012, 09:00 AM   #3285
cug
--

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Flame away, your trolling is getting old
That's coming from the right person. Pffff. And btw: if you can't deal with normal criticism, that's your problem. I don't give much about your opinion and your language shows what kind of guy you are - one I have no interest in communicating with anymore.