Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2012, 08:48 PM   #3571
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,544
Quote:
Originally Posted by Assfault View Post
DES error on my bike as well. Was in the shop exactly one full month. First thought it was the suspension ecu, then the other ecu, then the shock, then perhaps the wiring, ended up being the display dash. Me thinks they didn't have a clue, the shop or Ducati. Between this issue, the still noexistant rear brake after the replacement parts installed, and the clutch bleeding out overtime, this 20k bike is more problematic than my 1st gen Buell. That is saying alot, as that was the biggest POS ever produced. At least the Buell blew up and put itself out of its misery, lol.
The Duc mechanic told me he called a buddy mechanic. That guy said that he found a problem w/ the wiring in the dash that caused the error on a MTS that he fixed. .

The bike goes back tomorrow.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 08:57 PM   #3572
JNRobert
Breaking Wind

Oddometer: 9,633
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
I can see myself going for a 2013 Standard for the new motor and braking, and adding an Andreani fork kit and manual Ohlins TTX shock. (Or sticking with the Ducati I have, and adding something more explicitly tour-ey.)
I like the way you're thinking

It does sound like it's getting very complicated and personally, I'd be too much of a wuss to take the first year of the Skyhook (does sound awesome when an Italian says it though ).
Old 09-21-2012, 12:52 AM   #3573
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 769
If you've got a multi that is behaving and you like I don't see anything in the new one that would make it a must have. Except the new and improved engine, but we won't find that out until some real world tests come out. As for the Skyahooka suspensioni ....... I think they will be selling a lot of standard mutly's. That would definitely be my choice.
Old 09-21-2012, 01:39 AM   #3574
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JNRobert View Post

'Strada should be in road warriors, imho.
There is this thread, http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...556717&page=34
Shouldn't we all be united under one roof in road warriors?
Old 09-21-2012, 07:52 AM   #3575
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,489
It's odd. The one bit of tech that seems all mfgs are creaming over - elec suspension - is the one bit of tech i have no use for. Quick twiddle with the preload adjuster and i'm sorted.
I like ABS and TCS, but i really can't see why this stuff has caught on.

I will be interested in riding one to see if the motor feels as sweet as the one fitted to the Diavel.
Paulvt1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 11:57 AM   #3576
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

some more teaser info here
http://www.motorcyclenews.com/MCN/Ne...da-first-ride/
Old 09-22-2012, 05:14 PM   #3577
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,431
it sounds as though Ducati may have a small/large problem on their hands regarding porous heads and the coolant being used....

http://ashonbikes.com/content/andrea-forni-interview
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2012, 03:43 AM   #3578
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

It's good they have found the problem, and not denied there was a problem at all. Not that I know of any motorcycle manufacturers that would do such a thing........
Old 09-23-2012, 03:52 AM   #3579
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

I just re read that interview, am I right that Ducati have gone to a cheaper suspension set up with the S versions so that they can keep the price the same? Sure they 'say' it is an improvement, but I wonder..... And if it automatically adjusts to rider and road conditions, does it still need different riding modes?
Old 09-23-2012, 07:14 AM   #3580
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 4,210
820 Multistrada???....

Have a look fellows....

http://www.moto-station.com/article1...-a-milan-.html

can I be the first.....

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"

jerdog53 screwed with this post 09-23-2012 at 07:20 AM
jerdog53 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 05:49 AM   #3581
Tubulchain
odaat, atgatt

Oddometer: 206
2013 Model

Is anyone going to trade up to the 2013 who currently has a 2010-2012? I find no compelling reason to do so. I would like most of all better wind protection. No need to trade in the bike for that. Smoother engine... mine is fine. Better lights... aftermarket. Better seat... can prolly just buy the 2013 version and put it on mine.

Not sure the "skyhook" is anything more than Audi cracking the profitability whip on Ducati ditching high fixed cost of Ohlins and moving to a tech'd up suspension that is less costly to them.

I see Audi influence in this bike and I don't like that. New suspension seems like a cagers mentality.
Old 09-25-2012, 05:58 AM   #3582
Doug Pirahna
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tubulchain View Post
Is anyone going to trade up to the 2013 who currently has a 2010-2012? I find no compelling reason to do so. I would like most of all better wind protection. No need to trade in the bike for that. Smoother engine... mine is fine. Better lights... aftermarket. Better seat... can prolly just buy the 2013 version and put it on mine.

Not sure the "skyhook" is anything more than Audi cracking the profitability whip on Ducati ditching high fixed cost of Ohlins and moving to a tech'd up suspension that is less costly to them.

I see Audi influence in this bike and I don't like that. New suspension seems like a cagers mentality.
I'm not trading up from my 2010 just yet, but I have a standard ABS anyway. I really don't think Audi would have had any influence on the Skyhook system. They came into the picture too late and Ducati would have had to line up suppliers and do the engineering work well before Audi was involved.
Doug Pirahna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 07:18 AM   #3583
Lion BR
I'd rather be riding

Oddometer: 3,517
Quote:

What is the border line between a "cagers mentality" and a motorcycle mentality? I think you want the 2013 change that is more of a cager mentality: better wind protection.

And this bike evolutionary changes started before Audi came into the picture.

I'd rather be riding!

Lion BR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:06 AM   #3584
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,431
Quote:
Is anyone going to trade up to the 2013 who currently has a 2010-2012? I find no compelling reason to do so. I would like most of all better wind protection. No need to trade in the bike for that. .
i think you're absolutely right. even AshOnBikes says the wind protection is better but not a cure all. one could probably achieve the same or close to via larger/smaller screens like most of us already have on the current model.

i personally am not a fan of the new suspension in terms of how it is described. i still prefer to have more control over my motorcycle than less so, i don't want an ECU deciding my ride damping for me.

peace,
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 11:14 AM   #3585
Doug Pirahna
Adventurer

Oddometer: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
i personally am not a fan of the new suspension in terms of how it is described. i still prefer to have more control over my motorcycle than less so, i don't want an ECU deciding my ride damping for me.

peace,
You're so old school, with your being able to tell your servos and ECUs what damping ajustments to make!
Doug Pirahna is offline   Reply With Quote