Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-02-2012, 09:26 AM   #3871
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
"The new Multistrada 1200 is equipped with a larger windscreen (18 mm taller and 43 mm wider) to offer superior wind protection. Windscreen height can be adjusted within a 60 mm range through a mechanism designed for easy single-hand operation even with the gloves on."

The above quote was taken from the Ducati USA description of the GT, but maybe it's bigger on ALL of the '13's?

-SM
Ok my mistake when he said screen I thought he meant display screen not windscreen. Yes it has a different windscreen on all modes.
2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S touring, 2006 Yamaha R6 Track bike, 1999 Ducati 900 Super Sport, 1992 HD FLHS, 1997 HD Sportster 1200, 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, 2005 Honda Ruckus(scooter trash) being a inmate has perks=Dealer pricing on alien blood oh I meanAmsoilhttp://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motorcycle-oilThe link shows retail pricing so you can check vs my dealer price quotes..PM me
aceonthebeach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:30 AM   #3872
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,490
Quote:
"The new Multistrada 1200 is equipped with a larger windscreen (18 mm taller and 43 mm wider) to offer superior wind protection. Windscreen height can be adjusted within a 60 mm range through a mechanism designed for easy single-hand operation even with the gloves on."

The above quote was taken from the Ducati USA description of the GT, but maybe it's bigger on ALL of the '13's?

-SM
The three screens:

Seems the GTs may be smoked and possibly a bit taller.

Then again, perhaps they are just the same.

There is more on the 2013s at this thread. Wish we had more information.

Moronic screwed with this post 11-02-2012 at 09:39 AM
Moronic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 10:06 AM   #3873
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkishexpress View Post
With tax, title, and all the other fees it was $22K OTD. The MSRP for the GT is a little above that which means in about 8 months it will be the same price OTD.
Ah, OK. So, you're comparing apples to.....giraffes.

The GT with TTL + fees will be $25k+ OTD, so it's still only about a $1k difference if you buy the S Touring and add the GT bits later vs. buying the GT outright.

Either way, it's a killer setup and a rockin' Sport Touring rig.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 12:10 PM   #3874
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 560
Quote:
Ah, OK. So, you're comparing apples to.....giraffes.

The GT with TTL + fees will be $25k+ OTD, so it's still only about a $1k difference if you buy the S Touring and add the GT bits later vs. buying the GT outright.

Either way, it's a killer setup and a rockin' Sport Touring rig.

-SM
Unless we all misunderstand what comes in the GT package and you must have the GT badging, I think it is actually cheaper to buy an MTS Touring and add the accessories. Here's the math list to list on a 2013 using Pro Italia's online retail pricing for Ducati Accssories: (Tax, tags and fees extra)

'13 MTS Touring: 19995.00 (includes standard panniers, obviously)
Top Case: 658.00
73L Pan. Covers: 350.00
DP Crash Bars: 353.00
Supplementary Lights: (?) 300 (just guessin')
Total: $21648.00

----------vs---------------

'13 MTS GT: @21995.00

Did I miss anything?

And, you have both sets of pannier covers buying it that way (as a "T" and ordering the bits separately). I didn't include any difference in case there's a "better" screen on the GT but if there is, that leaves over $300 to buy it

Unless there's a lot more to the package than we know of now, you are better off buying an S Touring and putting the stuff on yourself. Top box and crash bars are an easy job for anybody with eight fingers and two thumbs, hardly worth $650 to have "factory mounted." The supplementary lights are the one wild card. I priced lights at $300. Do you even need them? Who knows?

You're good, Turkish Express! Unless I missed a major component, (always a possibility!) the GT package doesn't seem like that important an option set to me.

Pampero screwed with this post 11-02-2012 at 12:19 PM
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 02:39 PM   #3875
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
Unless we all misunderstand what comes in the GT package and you must have the GT badging, I think it is actually cheaper to buy an MTS Touring and add the accessories. Here's the math list to list on a 2013 using Pro Italia's online retail pricing for Ducati Accssories: (Tax, tags and fees extra)

'13 MTS Touring: 19995.00 (includes standard panniers, obviously)
Top Case: 658.00
73L Pan. Covers: 350.00
DP Crash Bars: 353.00
Supplementary Lights: (?) 300 (just guessin')
Total: $21648.00

----------vs---------------

'13 MTS GT: @21995.00

Did I miss anything?

And, you have both sets of pannier covers buying it that way (as a "T" and ordering the bits separately). I didn't include any difference in case there's a "better" screen on the GT but if there is, that leaves over $300 to buy it

Unless there's a lot more to the package than we know of now, you are better off buying an S Touring and putting the stuff on yourself. Top box and crash bars are an easy job for anybody with eight fingers and two thumbs, hardly worth $650 to have "factory mounted." The supplementary lights are the one wild card. I priced lights at $300. Do you even need them? Who knows?

You're good, Turkish Express! Unless I missed a major component, (always a possibility!) the GT package doesn't seem like that important an option set to me.
You're missing:
- 20mm bar risers
- comfort seats (both rider and passenger)
- pannier liners
- "oversize windscreen" (per Ducati USA website)
- and you're understating the cost of the LED aux lights by about half (don't go by what you can buy LED aux lights for from Twisted Throttle....these are DP bits and when heated grips from them are $300, you know LED aux lights are a LOT!)

So.....again, apples to apples, I think the GT comes in at $25 -26k (ish) OTD and the S Touring comes in around $23k (ish) OTD, then add the bits on. At worst it's a wash, at best the GT comes in a bit cheaper.

At the end of the day, no reason for anyone to be "pissed". Ducati didn't screw anyone with their pricing (well, unless you consider $26k for a motorcycle being "screwed"....which I can't argue with ).

-SM
Old 11-02-2012, 05:08 PM   #3876
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Quote:
You're missing:
- 20mm bar risers
- comfort seats (both rider and passenger)
- pannier liners
- "oversize windscreen" (per Ducati USA website)
- and you're understating the cost of the LED aux lights by about half (don't go by what you can buy LED aux lights for from Twisted Throttle....these are DP bits and when heated grips from them are $300, you know LED aux lights are a LOT!)

So.....again, apples to apples, I think the GT comes in at $25 -26k (ish) OTD and the S Touring comes in around $23k (ish) OTD, then add the bits on. At worst it's a wash, at best the GT comes in a bit cheaper.

At the end of the day, no reason for anyone to be "pissed". Ducati didn't screw anyone with their pricing (well, unless you consider $26k for a motorcycle being "screwed"....which I can't argue with ).

-SM
I'm not pissed, I'd just roll my own

I did miss the liners, and they are nice to have and something I'll be acquiring soon enough. Everyone's priorities are different, of course so for folks who want the full meal deal and have to have Ducat's lights.............but that's not me.
Old 11-02-2012, 07:45 PM   #3877
Twohondas
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,161
Are not the bags bigger toooo or do the different covers take care of that?
Twohondas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2012, 09:09 PM   #3878
Moronic
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,490
On the pricing, the impression I get is that Ducati is not offering much of a package deal with the GT or the new PP.

Rather, they are wanting to charge for the design and integration of the higher spec models.

On the GT's bags, I believe they are the same as on the Touring but with the bigger lids. However, the finish is new and designed to hide damage.

Is it just me, or has the S-Touring lost something aesthetically this year? Just the gold fork legs? The others have gained something? Just the silver paint and the way it works in the photos? Here's the red:

Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #3879
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moronic View Post
On the pricing, the impression I get is that Ducati is not offering much of a package deal with the GT or the new PP.

Rather, they are wanting to charge for the design and integration of the higher spec models.

You already know I agree with you about the pricing. If there's a notable package benefit, I don't see it, whereas I could actually see the benefit of having two sets of lids, blowing off the accessory lighting or buying my own, and using the money I saved to paint the fork legs gold

In reality, I've no doubt the new machines will be well received, and the Pikes Peak is still great looking, whereas between the GT and S Touring, I prefer the leaner look of the red bike. But that's going to go mano a mano depending on individual taste. I think the GT is a little chunkier looking (in the livery shown) which is fine if you like chunky looking. I suspect by the time you put crash bars and a top box on the S Touring and paint them the same color the differences will shrink.

Pampero screwed with this post 11-03-2012 at 02:22 PM
Old 11-03-2012, 02:13 PM   #3880
bingbong
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 758
Entertainment

Heres my entertainment for tonight, sat down with a beer and enjoy SHMBO thinks I've lost it.

Actually I was doing something. Took off the shit catcher and took off the top box mount. Then tried a soft tail bag for looks and function, good enough for a lock and a few other essentials.
Old 11-03-2012, 05:08 PM   #3881
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
I'm not pissed, I'd just roll my own
Not you, Turkish.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turkishexpress View Post
Sonnova! That really pisses me off. The GT has all the stuff I'd want from a MTS from the factory, yet I paid the same price for mine and then had to buy all the extras...

-SM
Old 11-04-2012, 05:17 AM   #3882
Paulvt1 OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 3,468
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingbong View Post
Heres my entertainment for tonight, sat down with a beer and enjoy SHMBO thinks I've lost it.

Actually I was doing something. Took off the shit catcher and took off the top box mount. Then tried a soft tail bag for looks and function, good enough for a lock and a few other essentials.
Oddly enough - i took the shit catcher off yesterday. Haven't managed any more miles since the first week. Really crap weather and work are combining to make running in a long winded affair.
Paulvt1 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:36 AM   #3883
tonymorr
Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer: 2,451
I was pretty set on my first Ducati being red but IDK the silver looks pretty good. I think it's because the muffler, and belly piece are silver too. Might get less tickets with silver!

tonymorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 06:46 AM   #3884
AceRph
Affluenza Free!

Oddometer: 24,486
DES error finally resolved - 2010 MTS-S Touring

6-21-12
Quote:
Originally Posted by AceRph View Post
08-21-2012
Quote:
Headed to Wilson's MC this AM. News at 11.
09-15-2012
Quote:
Well my friends, the new shock did not fix the problem. The mechanic now thinks it's the wiring. Not sure how that got missed but that's the way it goes sometimes.

Wilson's is being as accommodating as possible. So news as it develops.
09-20-2012
Quote:
The Duc mechanic told me he called a buddy mechanic. That guy said that he found a problem w/ the wiring in the dash that caused the error on a MTS that he fixed. .

The bike goes back tomorrow.
Gotta a call from Wilson's on Friday. The DES error was fixed. Final diagnosis, shock ECU was bad. I picked the bike up yesterday. It works!!

As a bonus, I had a tailwind most of the way home. The bike showed 49.8mpg average at 65mph. Going riding today.

Wilson's was great. I'll go back to them when the time comes for the 1st major service.

“We are turning into a nation of whimpering slaves to Fear—fear of war, fear of poverty, fear of random terrorism, fear of getting down-sized or fired because of the plunging economy, fear of getting evicted for bad debts or suddenly getting locked up in a military detention camp on vague charges of being a Terrorist sympathizer.” —”Extreme Behavior in Aspen,” February 3, 2003

"The State sees the spectre looming ahead of terrorism and anarchy, and this increases the risk of its over-reaction and a reduction in our freedom." - Stanley Kubrick
AceRph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2012, 07:20 AM   #3885
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Great to hear Ace! Glad you have your scoot back home.

-SM