Old 01-31-2013, 12:26 PM   #4396
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,491
Here we go.

D.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suruppak View Post
Motodisiac, would you posting a link to it? I can't find it from my phone.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:11 PM   #4397
jerdog53
Crop Dusting Everywhere

Oddometer: 3,955
Ok well I understand the cost and noise issues you all have talked about not to mention the tuning concerns mostly I was just curious.

"Shorter of breath and one day closer to death"
jerdog53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 06:26 PM   #4398
jimmex
Rider

Oddometer: 2,295
Quote:
Originally Posted by ten.98 View Post
I agree, it's a bit of an undertaking. This was my multi in the middle of its 15k service and they hadn't even gotten to the valves yet:

Deal killer for me.

Edit: no deal killer as I'm convinced this bike is the coolest ever.

jimmex screwed with this post 02-16-2013 at 10:04 PM
jimmex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 07:32 PM   #4399
Tubulchain
odaat, atgatt

Oddometer: 195
The full Termi exhaust was the best thing I did for this bike. Thing sounds awesome and its not too loud, not loud enough actually.

Whats the deal with all the talk about cost and economics?? It not an investment its a motorcycle! Must everything measure up to what Suze Orman thinks I should be doing with my cash? Even my Ducati motorcycle? This is exhausting.
Old 02-01-2013, 07:23 AM   #4400
M0t0Rider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 207
Ducati.....Making Mechanics out of Motorcycle riders for over 80yrs!
M0t0Rider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:40 AM   #4401
Rcadd1ct
Adventurer

Oddometer: 16
speaking of the termi.....

I am being told the termi is the way to go.

I like the carbon leo vince better.

From what I understand the tune does not need to be adjusted on a bike when exhaust is done just intake work.

I have the fat ducs on it now and the stock exhaust.

Not interested in making it louder, but weight savings and deeper would be nice.

Thoughts?
Rcadd1ct is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:52 AM   #4402
3B43
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
I'm seriously thinking of getting the LV system and have been told that remapping the ECU will make it runway better (Ducati expert). I want the change because I really want to clean up the bottom end, 'sound' and losing weight. I will be dyno'ing the bike before mods AND after.
3B43 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 10:01 PM   #4403
Suruppak
hack

Oddometer: 124
Thanks everyone for all of your opinions and insights. I have decided to go with the leftover 2011. The price was right for a leftover and I have seven years of warranty which helps my piece of mind. Now, anyone interested in a Griso or R80ST?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
1998 DR350SE - charbroiled
Suruppak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:17 AM   #4404
996DL
Buell me

Oddometer: 2,118
Congratulations Suruppak, a great choice IMO, but I can't see from your previous posts, what the spec level is for this 2011, Ohlins or not ?

You've certainly got a couple of extremely marketable bikes to offer for sale, if one has to go to facilitate this new addition. I think you'll dearly miss the Griso though...

996DL
996DL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 05:06 PM   #4405
Suruppak
hack

Oddometer: 124
It's the touring model, so it has the ohlins electronic adjustable suspension. I will miss the Griso! I wouldn't even be replacing it, but my shoulders are banged up and leaning forward at all hurts. The Griso is gorgeous to look at, the Multi not so much :-)

1998 DR350SE - charbroiled
Suruppak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 08:56 PM   #4406
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Suruppak View Post
It's the touring model, so it has the ohlins electronic adjustable suspension. I will miss the Griso! I wouldn't even be replacing it, but my shoulders are banged up and leaning forward at all hurts. The Griso is gorgeous to look at, the Multi not so much :-)

Let us know what you think of it's looks in six months.

Congrats.
Of the many Guzzis I think are attractive, the Griso is not at the head of the list.
De gustibus non est disputandem.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 11:11 AM   #4407
tonymorr
Malta,NY(Saratoga Spring)

Oddometer: 2,452
And now the wait for spring really begins. Does anyone know where I can find a support group?

tonymorr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 01:30 PM   #4408
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,965
Active suspension off-road

Hey gang, not sure if any of you other than myself and Oalvarez have been following the unfolding saga of the new '13 BMW GS and a potential issue with the active suspension causing tank slappers over rough roads, but since the '13 Ducs also have Sachs active suspension, I just wanted to give folks a heads up. I know I know, the GS is a VERY different bike from the MTS, but until they nail down the cause, if it IS related to the active suspension, all you '13 owners may want to be on the lookout for any odd behavior from the new Mutley when encountering corrugated (i.e. washboard) road surfaces. Let's hope this is isolated to the GS and not something inherent in Gen 1 motorcycle active suspension systems.

Ride safe everyone. Spring is coming.....yay!

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:52 PM   #4409
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 564
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sock Monkey View Post
Hey gang, not sure if any of you other than myself and Oalvarez have been following the unfolding saga of the new '13 BMW GS and a potential issue with the active suspension causing tank slappers over rough roads, but since the '13 Ducs also have Sachs active suspension, I just wanted to give folks a heads up. I know I know, the GS is a VERY different bike from the MTS, but until they nail down the cause, if it IS related to the active suspension, all you '13 owners may want to be on the lookout for any odd behavior from the new Mutley when encountering corrugated (i.e. washboard) road surfaces. Let's hope this is isolated to the GS and not something inherent in Gen 1 motorcycle active suspension systems.

Ride safe everyone. Spring is coming.....yay!

-SM
I have, including the speculation it might have had something to do with Kevin Ash's crash. I rode a '12 GS yesterday, street no dirt, a different beast from both, and was reminded how spectacularly comfortable and competent feeling they are. BMWs are usually the ultimate in stability, often trading responsiveness for it, so this is quite a conundrum.

I'm with you on the hope it's a unique problem. It may come to pass that our Ohlins bikes represent a certain "good old days" retrospective in the end. Oelvarez and others have mentioned that as a possibility if I recall, while I've been in the "what could possibly go wrong?" school.
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 02:58 PM   #4410
Sock Monkey
Corporate slave

Oddometer: 1,965
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
I have, including the speculation it might have had something to do with Kevin Ash's crash. I rode a '12 GS yesterday, street no dirt, a different beast from both, and was reminded how spectacularly comfortable and competent feeling they are. BMWs are usually the ultimate in stability, often trading responsiveness for it, so this is quite a conundrum.

I'm with you on the hope it's a unique problem. It may come to pass that our Ohlins bikes represent a certain "good old days" retrospective in the end. Oelvarez and others have mentioned that as a possibility if I recall, while I've been in the "what could possibly go wrong?" school.
I know. It would be horrible if that really was the cause of the crash.

I absolutely LOVED the chassis of my '07 GS. Granted, there wasn't a lot of feedback on what the front wheel was doing, but on long rides it was really nice. Very comfy, very well behaved, and I loved the "no dive" aspect of the telelever when clamping down on the front brakes. What I didn't like was the sub-standard shocks that were fitted as standard, as they were shot by 20k relatively easy miles, but I left that problem for the next owner to sort.

-SM
Sock Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote