Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-02-2013, 05:52 PM   #4846
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Oddometer: 374
Quote:
Originally Posted by aceonthebeach3 View Post
So it's that good? Has anybody ever rode one & not liked it? Anybody?
My BMW dealer told me he hated it.

Not liking the Multi as a ride is like saying Selma Hyak is not sexy. You might find somebody to agree, but you will have to do a lot of hunting in places you'd probably rather not frequent.

Whatever the Multi may or may not be purely as an adventure bike, it is one of the great rides of our time. It exudes competence, confidence and spirit in a way that makes its owners gush, and it gets better as it wears in; that is as you get to know it better. It's a splendid and versatile motorcycle.

Pampero screwed with this post 05-02-2013 at 05:59 PM
Pampero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 06:05 PM   #4847
rogerc
FJRider

Oddometer: 88
Eh?

Have 3200 miles on my 2013 MTS since 3/26/13. Yes, you are right it just gets better and better. Very confidence inspiring.
Can't really find any big fault with the bike. Got the smaller CalSci screen and it has helped the roar with the wind.
Just a real joy to ride. I am actually afraid at this rate I am going to wear it out before it is paid for
rogerc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:35 PM   #4848
cug

Oddometer: 4,178
Quote:
I did test ride one in 2010 when they just came to the US - like first week of them arriving here. Summary:

1) Didn't like the engine that much. Rough, really crappy low speed fueling.
2) Hit the centerstand with my foot the whole time.
3) Too locked into a single position in the seat.
4) Crappy luggage, you could see literally through the cracks ...

And some other little niggles here and there.

I found it very interesting that Ducati has addressed ALL of the above issues in the meantime. I have not ridden a Multi since, and especially not the 2013 as I fear I might like it much, much better than the badly set up 2010 model I rode back then.

That'll be something for next year when I'm due for a new bike. For now I'm happy with my Tiger that is fully set up for me (suspension, luggage, windshield, ...) and has one of the smoothest engines I have ever experienced.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 07:58 PM   #4849
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pampero View Post
My BMW dealer told me he hated it.

Not liking the Multi as a ride is like saying Selma Hyak is not sexy. You might find somebody to agree, but you will have to do a lot of hunting in places you'd probably rather not frequent.
LMAO...very funny
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:40 PM   #4850
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by cug View Post
I did test ride one in 2010 when they just came to the US - like first week of them arriving here. Summary:

1) Didn't like the engine that much. Rough, really crappy low speed fueling.
2) Hit the centerstand with my foot the whole time.
3) Too locked into a single position in the seat.
4) Crappy luggage, you could see literally through the cracks ...

And some other little niggles here and there.

I found it very interesting that Ducati has addressed ALL of the above issues in the meantime. I have not ridden a Multi since, and especially not the 2013 as I fear I might like it much, much better than the badly set up 2010 model I rode back then.

That'll be something for next year when I'm due for a new bike. For now I'm happy with my Tiger that is fully set up for me (suspension, luggage, windshield, ...) and has one of the smoothest engines I have ever experienced.
Thanks for the input but I must say the 2010 & 2013 should not even be
considered the same bike. But in all fairness I did ask if anybody has rode it & not liked it.
2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S touring, 2006 Yamaha R6 Track bike, 1999 Ducati 900 Super Sport, 1992 HD FLHS, 1997 HD Sportster 1200, 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, 2005 Honda Ruckus(scooter trash) being a inmate has perks=Dealer pricing on alien blood oh I meanAmsoilhttp://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motorcycle-oilThe link shows retail pricing so you can check vs my dealer price quotes..PM me
aceonthebeach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 08:48 PM   #4851
oalvarez
Resident Raggamuffin

Oddometer: 2,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Ain't that the truth. I just put down a deposit today for a Pikes Peak
Wooohoooo!

Congrats once again, EJ!

Enjoy,
past: Ducatis, Aprilias, Moto Guzzis, a Husky, and some BMWs as well.
oalvarez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 09:23 PM   #4852
EJ_92606
Rider

Oddometer: 1,755
Quote:
Originally Posted by oalvarez View Post
Wooohoooo!

Congrats once again, EJ!

Enjoy,
Thanks....can't wait

EJ_92606 screwed with this post 05-02-2013 at 11:12 PM
EJ_92606 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:43 PM   #4853
cug

Oddometer: 4,178
Quote:
Thanks for the input but I must say the 2010 & 2013 should not even be considered the same bike. But in all fairness I did ask if anybody has rode it & not liked it.
It's also really nitpicking. It was a "in comparison to" thing where I disliked things on the Multi. I like smooth engines that pull easily from low revs. A few weeks before I test rode the Multi I tested a Tiger 1050 - excellent engine, super smooth, more than enough power for me, good seating position.

The Multi still has the most perfect ergonomics of any bike I have sat on so far. So, I'm constantly sitting on one when I'm at a Ducati dealer, still thinking of getting one some day. May or may not actually do that, but it's certainly an option, especially now that my complaints were all addressed - I just have to figure out to what degree and be in the mood to actually buy a new bike.
cug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 12:12 AM   #4854
Tripletrouble
Farkle addict

Oddometer: 61
Ordered the SCU for the suspension from Ohlins yesterday. 250. Will be here next week
Tripletrouble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 02:23 AM   #4855
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tripletrouble View Post
Ordered the SCU for the suspension from Ohlins yesterday. 250. Will be here next week
Eager to get your impressions.
Old 05-03-2013, 02:23 AM   #4856
Pampero
Verbose Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJ_92606 View Post
Thanks....can't wait
Congrats!
Old 05-03-2013, 03:08 AM   #4857
dwike
like you stole it!

Oddometer: 21
No regrets, ever!

I bought my 2012 without a single test ride... Stupid? Perhaps... Regardless, after 7 months of all types of riding I have not had one single regret!!!! Yes I added the fatducs and many other non-original parts but that's all been sheer preference with the fatducs being the only "necessary" purchase. Not a single issue with the bike - runs perfectly smooth right off the bottom every time and it still scares the living you know what out of me on many occasions! I bought it because I plan on jumping on it in July and going coast to coast (my first big trip), and can't imagine doing it on anything more fun!

I know there are people here and there that have been dissatisfied with the bike, but personally i think MOST people love it and even those that dislike hate that they have issues because for the most part they still love most things about it!
dwike is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 05:04 PM   #4858
Motodisiac
Moto Terrorist

Oddometer: 3,451
Not going to happen, do not even think about it. The bike is going to blow you away.

D.

Quote:

Ducati Multistrada 1200 S - Adventure, Commuting, Track, Fun
CRF450X - Dirt Toy
Motodisiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 07:28 PM   #4859
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwike View Post
I bought my 2012 without a single test ride... Stupid? Perhaps... Regardless, after 7 months of all types of riding I have not had one single regret!!!! Yes I added the fatducs and many other non-original parts but that's all been sheer preference with the fatducs being the only "necessary" purchase. Not a single issue with the bike - runs perfectly smooth right off the bottom every time and it still scares the living you know what out of me on many occasions! I bought it because I plan on jumping on it in July and going coast to coast (my first big trip), and can't imagine doing it on anything more fun!

I know there are people here and there that have been dissatisfied with the bike, but personally i think MOST people love it and even those that dislike hate that they have issues because for the most part they still love most things about it!
Fat ducs?
2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S touring, 2006 Yamaha R6 Track bike, 1999 Ducati 900 Super Sport, 1992 HD FLHS, 1997 HD Sportster 1200, 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, 2005 Honda Ruckus(scooter trash) being a inmate has perks=Dealer pricing on alien blood oh I meanAmsoilhttp://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motorcycle-oilThe link shows retail pricing so you can check vs my dealer price quotes..PM me
aceonthebeach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2013, 08:11 PM   #4860
Dewtwo
old trail rider!

Oddometer: 51
Ace,
The Fat ducs help the 2010-2012 Multis run smoother at revs under 4K.
I have the other O2 tricker. They do the trick. But, you wouldn't have to worry about it if you buy a 2013.
Dewtwo is offline   Reply With Quote