ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-17-2008, 12:01 PM   #46
sproutxj
Bikeless..ok with it

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by L-Train
sorry about last weekend, super snow storm squashed my plans. if it was rainy......

how long you guys wanna go for? half day or full day are my general categories.
No worries, I was just giving you shit. I was thinking 1/2 day. Leave late morning back by 4-5pm.
sproutxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 12:45 PM   #47
Putts OP
Gettin' there.

Oddometer: 11,311
I'm in for a 1/2 day. No particular ideas, though. We might be able to get up into the area behind Pony, but it's a bit far away. I'm easy, whatever you guys are thinking is cool.
Old 10-17-2008, 02:23 PM   #48
icebox
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 988
Pony

Heard an unsustantiated report of over twenty inches up behind Pony last weekend. Snow that is
icebox is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2008, 03:57 PM   #49
Putts OP
Gettin' there.

Got a call from Brad and he'll be off line for the evening so he asked me to say :

Anybody who wants to go for a ride meet at Tyll's house (416 N 21 Ave, Bozeman-570-9841) tomorrow (Sat 10/18) at 11am.

We'll leave from here and follow the first inmate that leaves the driveway where ever he or she (friggen wishful thinking there) leads. We'll be back around 5ish.

See you then!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:23 PM   #50
MTDewX8
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 505
dam, I need to read more on what is going on. to bad I have plans this weekend. always worth a reason to come down and ride with the boys again.
Have fun
Old 10-17-2008, 09:32 PM   #51
sproutxj
Bikeless..ok with it

Oddometer: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by Putts
Got a call from Brad and he'll be off line for the evening so he asked me to say :

Anybody who wants to go for a ride meet at Tyll's house (416 N 21 Ave, Bozeman-570-9841) tomorrow (Sat 10/18) at 11am.

We'll leave from here and follow the first inmate that leaves the driveway where ever he or she (friggen wishful thinking there) leads. We'll be back around 5ish.

See you then!

sproutxj screwed with this post 10-18-2008 at 09:01 AM
sproutxj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2008, 10:51 AM   #52
L-Train
Dirt......Good.

Oddometer: 181
i missed the bus....

dammit, didn't check this thing till 11am. maybe next time.
L-Train is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2008, 11:45 AM   #53
Putts OP
Gettin' there.

We ended up just running up Olsen Creek and making a cup of coffee on the firing range.

But it was out and about on the bike for a couple of hours. Nuthin' wrong with that.
Old 10-21-2008, 06:50 PM   #54
MTDuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 368
Hey Bozones,

Missed my chance to meet up with some of you guys this year, looks like riding time is about over. Hope to change that in the spring.

I have a question I'm hoping to get some insight from locals. This fall I bought two Wee's in Iowa, flew out rode them home. One is for my wife but it may take her a while to get riding. Bikes are identical 2006's with about 3K a piece on them fully farkled (if thats possible). Actually, one is lowered for wifey.

I'm not a wrench guy. I will be learning as needs dictate but for now I'll be paying for maintenance, tire changes, any other issues. A few things I do pretty well, wrenching is not one of them.

My question: best motorcycle mechs around? Where do you take your bikes? If you have any insights I would appreciate your thoughts. Since its a small world, feel free to PM as well.

Hey, I'm up for beers and watching ADV movies this winter too if anyone is interested. Duke
MTDuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:39 PM   #55
Cheap Ryder
Ride for enlightenment

Oddometer: 550
Hello from Helena

Here are some of the tires I mounted this summer. Sort of a stick it on the wall sort of survey. Stop on by during the summer and I will show you how to mount and balance your own tires as I do them. Sometimes we have visitors from odd countries stop by here. It's only 6 months till spring.
Attached Images

Cheap Ryder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2008, 08:40 PM   #56
L-Train
Dirt......Good.

Planning Weekend Ride

Weather looks like it will be good, my buddy and I are planning a last-ride-of-the-season trip.

leave Sat AM
ride somewhere on as much dirt as possible.
camp out
ride sunday
end up back in Bozone sunday nite.

I am aiming either to head roughly southwest of bozeman, towards dillon...or to go north into the big belts and over to white sulphur etc.
I have been plotting some routes that are subject to snowline. bad 4wd dirt roads are about the worst I expect to encounter.

we both have KLRs so 200 miles between gas stops is possible.

anyone want to come along?

btw, you guys gotta read this trip report. It's the best one i have seen yet.
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=385475

as a result of that RR, I am packing ultralight-assault-mission-style. giddyup!
Old 10-21-2008, 08:52 PM   #57
MTDuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheap Ryder
Here are some of the tires I mounted this summer. Sort of a stick it on the wall sort of survey. Stop on by during the summer and I will show you how to mount and balance your own tires as I do them. Sometimes we have visitors from odd countries stop by here. It's only 6 months till spring.
Cheap,

I would very much enjoy learning how to do it. Its certainly worth some good beers, scotch, whatever. Will be very interested to connect in the spring as I need to get some more dirt oriented tires on my bike. Duke
Old 10-22-2008, 07:50 AM   #58
Stillupright
Make my day

Oddometer: 298
Quote:
Originally Posted by MTDuke
Hey Bozones,

Missed my chance to meet up with some of you guys this year, looks like riding time is about over. Hope to change that in the spring.

I have a question I'm hoping to get some insight from locals. This fall I bought two Wee's in Iowa, flew out rode them home. One is for my wife but it may take her a while to get riding. Bikes are identical 2006's with about 3K a piece on them fully farkled (if thats possible). Actually, one is lowered for wifey.

I'm not a wrench guy. I will be learning as needs dictate but for now I'll be paying for maintenance, tire changes, any other issues. A few things I do pretty well, wrenching is not one of them.

My question: best motorcycle mechs around? Where do you take your bikes? If you have any insights I would appreciate your thoughts. Since its a small world, feel free to PM as well.

Hey, I'm up for beers and watching ADV movies this winter too if anyone is interested. Duke
Hey Duke,

I don't have a Wee, but do have a Suzuk DRZ that I take to Summit Motorsports when I need service that I can't (or don't want to) perform myself. They have been good so far
Stillupright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2008, 12:52 PM   #59
MTDuke
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillupright
Hey Duke,

I don't have a Wee, but do have a Suzuk DRZ that I take to Summit Motorsports when I need service that I can't (or don't want to) perform myself. They have been good so far

Thanks. Summitt makes the most sense as they sell zukes, but, I have lived places where services like this were highly variable and personal experiences were important. Just wanted to make sure there were no horrer storries floating around. Duke
Old 10-23-2008, 01:07 PM   #60
L-Train
Dirt......Good.

Bike Shack

i go to Nate at the Bike Shack. He is super cool to deal with, and I think he runs a good operation.