User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-18-2010, 07:19 PM   #166
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,460
I owe you boys some serious

These things got their first major test aside from walking speed tipovers today as I threw the 800GS down the road (lost the front in some greasy snot mud). Came down hard on the left side. Bars are twisted in the triples (no busters yet) and the shifter was pretzled back into the peg, but zero damage to the expensive bits. Incredible.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2010, 12:54 PM   #167
wonky OP
Team F5 !

Oddometer: 478
hey nate,
glad to hear you walked away and wont be filling the coffers of BMW's spares department. Thats what we're here for! speak soon

chris
The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.
Tom Jenkinson (squarepusher)

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
KTM 690 Adventure-Spec Parts
KTM LC8 Adventure and SE Skidplate
wonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2010, 09:51 AM   #168
yns
cretan inside

Oddometer: 61
Hi all, this is my very first post in this forum. I write to publicly thank David from Adventure Spec.
Some time ago I emailed them to ask about shipping prices to Greece and he replied that a new shipping service was about to take place with much less money in case I wanted to wait for a couple of weeks (now tell me WHO tells this to a potential customer?). I thanked him and 2 weeks later I asked him again if the new service was available. He wrote back that it was ready and that the price was a bit more expensive from what he had told me before but he would make me the price he had told me at the first place!!
Just unbelievable! I only wish other online shops were like them.
The crash bars arrived in Greece 8 days after the order. Everything was in place. Every single piece was paper wrapped carefully and the bolts were in a plastic bag. Instructions were very detailed and easy to understand from a non native speaker. Installation took about 30 minutes and I did it alone. If I do this again it will be 15.
I'm very pleased with the look of the bars on the bike even if I was a bit worried when I ordered them because I thought that they would look huge.
To end this post I'll thank David again and I'll show you a pic with my new babe (her name is "Maya") with the Adventure-Spec bars on in combination with the BMW bashplate.

yns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2010, 09:19 AM   #169
Gumbeaux
The Chameleon

Oddometer: 795
Just received my bash plate after placing order last week.

This looks to be the highest quality motorcycle "farkle" I have ever bought. Hefty; nice welds; looks to line up and fit well (not installed yet).

Very impressed. I ordered other crash bars...but they may go back for some Adv Specs...
Old 05-31-2010, 03:46 AM   #170
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,381
Couldn't find a definite answer from anybody who has actually tried it: Does the Adv Spec bash plate work with the SW-Motech crash bars?

Tracker: https://share.delorme.com/LukasMatzinger
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 02:49 AM   #171
Lundie
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Adventure_spec still going????

Hi, I'm the very proud new owner of the unbeatable F800 GS and wanting to source a really good crash bar and bash plate...Can't seem to connect to the adventure_spec website. Are they still going? Thanks...and get that back wheel out!!!
Lundie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 09:30 AM   #172
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,460
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundie
Hi, I'm the very proud new owner of the unbeatable F800 GS and wanting to source a really good crash bar and bash plate...Can't seem to connect to the adventure_spec website. Are they still going? Thanks...and get that back wheel out!!!

It connects fine, here.

http://www.adventure-spec.com/

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2010, 11:49 AM   #173
GeckoRider
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 444
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM
Couldn't find a definite answer from anybody who has actually tried it: Does the Adv Spec bash plate work with the SW-Motech crash bars?
+1
Old 08-08-2010, 08:13 PM   #174
dukedar
60 easy payments!

Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lundie
Not working here for me right now
Old 08-09-2010, 11:56 AM   #175
wonky OP
Team F5 !

hey guys. Should be working fine

http://www.adventure-spec.com

direct link to the bars...

http://www.adventure-spec.com/shop/b.../prod_121.html

We're still going strong. In fact we've just finished building a whopping extension onto the warehouse, which is why we've been a bit quiet for a while

June

Today!

With regard to the bashplate questions our bashplate will NOT fit with SW-Motech bars. In fact to date we haven't found any bars other than our own that are compatible with the bashplate.

This may seem like a stupid thing, but we made the bashplate as soon as the bikes were released and only decided to do the bars when we realised the bashplate was incompatible with other brands

Anyway our bars are the mutts nuts!
The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
Old 08-09-2010, 03:04 PM   #176
Law Dawg (ret)
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky
With regard to the bashplate questions our bashplate will NOT fit with SW-Motech bars. In fact to date we haven't found any bars other than ohe bikes were released and only decided to do the bars when we realised the bashplate was incompatible with other brands

Anyway our bars are the mutts nuts!
What an interesting bit of A S history. Glad it turned out that way as the combination is bullet proof. Probably actually true...I'll not be testing that on my set anytime soon though. Pretty sure K-9 testicles don't measure up though.

Law Dawg (ret) screwed with this post 08-10-2010 at 03:24 PM
Law Dawg (ret) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 07:29 PM   #177
loph917
Beard Bros Racing

Oddometer: 4,552
holy shipment

placed ordered on the 10th. paid up morning of the 11th. crashbars and bashplate in my living room evening of the 12th. done like that. proper. will mount up tomorrow. cost of bars, plate and shipping is just slightly more than cost of one replacement plastic part (fairing) according to max's fiche. this type of plastic insurance is easy math.
loph917 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:15 AM   #178
davidlomax
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 198
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Heathen
I just bought a used 2010 F8 with AS crash bars and AS bash plate. I was looking closely at the bash plate and noticed the tab at the top with "GIT" stamped in it is touching the exhaust pipe and has actually wore a little grove in the pipe. Think I caught it in time, doesn't look like it wore all the way through. Has anyone had this problem? Do I just take a grinder to it and notch it out a bit...I'm a little surprised there isn't more clearance. Thanks.
Sounds like the bashplate has had a bang at some point. In normal trim there is plenty of clearance. You should be able to bend the tab forwards to clear the pipe, or as you suggest grind a little bit away to keep evrything happy.

Ride safe,

Dave (Adventue-Spec)
www.Adventure-Spec.com
davidlomax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 01:33 AM   #179
Ukekim
n00b

Oddometer: 7
Stock of Crash bars

When are the crash bars going to be back in stock?
Ukekim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:32 AM   #180
wonky OP
Team F5 !

They're in stock! Looks like the shop stock didn't get updated when we finished the last lot...

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts