Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-11-2009, 10:18 AM   #121
Law Dawg (ret)
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
...it's shipped by DHL air and you might have to pay Customs charges to DHL, depending on your US tax exempt allowance. I think it's $200 in the US.. It's 20 measly dollars in Canada and the taxman has his hand in my pocket.
Any USA inmates have any clue about this and what the cost is? SWAMBO is not going to be pleased at all (if it is $200) and it could set back near term farkeling.
Old 07-11-2009, 12:51 PM   #122
GB
Mod Squad

Oddometer: 55,550
What I meant is $200 is your US tax free allowance, so you pay the tax on the value above $200..

So for me in Canada, the total tax and DHL brokerage fee came to $42, $28 of which is DHL's brokerage fee.
Old 07-11-2009, 06:43 PM   #123
Law Dawg (ret)
Studly Adventurer

Duh...

Thanks again Gadget Boy. It sometimes helps if you do explanations in crayon...other times I am simply too thick to ken at all.
Old 07-20-2009, 03:00 PM   #124
Law Dawg (ret)
Studly Adventurer

Got em!

Crashbars and bashplate intact...looks and feels substantial. One problem is the crashbars came without installation instructions. Anyone have a lead on a PDF?
Old 07-20-2009, 04:09 PM   #125
GB
Mod Squad

Are you sure.. check the box, my instructions were well hidden in the box, or email Chris directly and i'm sure he'll email them to you.
Old 07-20-2009, 05:44 PM   #126
Law Dawg (ret)
Studly Adventurer

Yup...

Gave it the thrice over and tore everything apart at the garbage can. Plus I have about 30 years of findingsmallitemsfolkdon'twantmeto experience. ;-)
Old 07-20-2009, 06:12 PM   #127
PackMule
love what you do

Oddometer: 19,459
PM me your email.

Yes, I have a Dakar problem -- that there are 50 weeks of the year without Dakar!

They don't expect you to finish. That's why it's the Dakar. -- PPiA
PackMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:45 PM   #128
Dirt Diver
Dirty Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,060
Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky
Just done a little calculation. Shipping will be 59.99 for both items, which is a bit dearer than to the states unfortunately. Total comes to $845.32 AUD delivered at todays exchange rate.

Im going to take all orders through the webshop once ive posted the bars up and have all the shipping calculations sorted.

Hope this helps.

Chris
Can i get an update on this price?

I haven't ordered a F8 yet but I feel that it's not too far away!!
01 VFR800 Sold and missed.
Adventurers like it dirty!
Dirt Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2009, 07:52 PM   #129
Law Dawg (ret)
Studly Adventurer

Got both the crashbars and bashplate installed and they went on as if my personal bike was the test bed. Not one single hitch...I am very impressed. BTW Chris I read the disclaimer (winkwink) and should just say right here that these are very stylish bars and should look very good during and after a crash. :)

Many thanks to PackMule for his behind the scenes help.
Old 08-08-2009, 02:38 AM   #130
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Law Dawg
...these are very stylish bars and should look very good during and after a crash. :)...
Judge for yourself. 30mph get-off (for story & pictures click "Salop" in my sig-line).

Right side crash bar took impact of fall and scrape damage:

They got knocked out of line a little and the bracket holding the right-hand bar is bent:

Tyres are scuffed up a little, hand guards too but the only other damage was to the pillion pegs:

The bike itself is absolutely untouched!
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2009, 03:36 PM   #131
GB
Mod Squad

Thanks Wildman for offering yourself as the crash tester for these bars! Careless UK farmers Glad to see they saved the bike from serious damage. I'm very pleased with mine and aesthetically, they compliment the lines on the frame of the bike.
Old 08-09-2009, 05:12 AM   #132
Wildman
In my castle

Oddometer: 17,813
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gadget Boy
Thanks Wildman for offering yourself as the crash tester for these bars! Careless UK farmers Glad to see they saved the bike from serious damage. I'm very pleased with mine and aesthetically, they compliment the lines on the frame of the bike.
Thanks for not saying crash test "dummy"!
Ridden; GBR CYM DEU FRA ESP AND MCO ITA BEL SCT LUX CHE SMR LIE AUT NLD POL LTU LVA EST SWE FIN NOR DNK CZE SVK HUN ROU BGR GRC MKD SRB ALB MNE BIH HRV SVN MYS IRL BRA MAR PRT ARE USA ISL JPN MLT Planning; AUS TUR MDA UKR MEX BLR MNG RUS KAZ TJK KGZ SEN ZAF ZMB MWI NZL IND CPN
Wildman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2009, 07:31 PM   #133
rhicks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
Anyone know if there will be a US distributor or will the products only be available from overseas for the foreseeable future? I'll probably be ordering the bash and bars in November and if there is a US dealer then I'll order from them. Just another two of the "must haves" for the bike.

cheers,
Robert
rhicks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2009, 04:08 AM   #134
wonky OP
Team F5 !

Oddometer: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhicks
Anyone know if there will be a US distributor or will the products only be available from overseas for the foreseeable future? I'll probably be ordering the bash and bars in November and if there is a US dealer then I'll order from them. Just another two of the "must haves" for the bike.

cheers,
Robert
Been away from this thread for a while!

We have decided not to take on any dealers or distributors for one simple reason. if we do we would have to put our prices up considerably. Our products are not cheap to manufacture and we dont cut any corners. The direct distribution has been working well since we sorted our early packaging issues and this wouldnt be improved by having more links in the chain.

The one thing we are looking into is including foreign taxes in the price(ie we pay duty), so what you see is what you pay.
With this in mind, a PM from any of our customers detailing what you ordered, where you are and how much you paid in taxes and admin fees (seperately) would be enormously helpful. There shouldnt be much on them, but we would like to get a firm idea before we attempt to go down this route.

Thanks for your continued support and i hope your parts are doing the business 'in the field'

chris
The main thing I'm into is going about on a bike, taking random routes; I'm really into the idea of making up journeys, and just seeing where they take you, because they always end up taking you someplace freaky.
Tom Jenkinson (squarepusher)

KLIM in the UK
Giantloop in Europe
adventure-spec
F800GS Crashbars
Yamaha Tenere Parts
KTM 690 Adventure-Spec Parts
KTM LC8 Adventure and SE Skidplate
wonky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 08:29 PM   #135
rhicks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 298
Cheers Chris. When it comes time to order I know exactly where to look. The "one price" is a good idea and helps avoid any unexpected charges.