ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Ride reports
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 02-10-2009, 06:07 AM   #46
robszombie
Adventurer
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Damp damp Ireland
Oddometer: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by grom





This is Smolensk region of Russia, many villages here were destroyed during WWII. Some villages were abandoned during 90s. Roads are still shown on the maps but sometimes they are not passable.
Sorry, the video is quite long as it was made for local use.
But you have a chance to learn modern russian music

Great journey......
robszombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 04:31 PM   #47
neoned
master fabricator-
 
neoned's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2008
Location: EAST BOSTON, MA
Oddometer: 51
back to the top...

I'm diggin this cross cultural --unified single purpose--shared --


madness ------somebody please coordinate a collective land assault

some big bad ride where the food is good and the wine plenty



Oh thats Tuscany---takes the harsh out---never-mind...... shit

purpose just to drive this back up to the top...cause its fierce...riding

roll into boston, let me know...
__________________
prune juice and rum?--
neoned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:36 PM   #48
Gale B.T.
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jun 2005
Location: Pagosa Springs, CO.
Oddometer: 1,475
A money maker

Grom, first a great video, awesome riding, super tough riders, all that good stuff.

Now, make your self some money, get lots of recognition, just invite Ewan and Charlie , Long Way Around fame, to come ride with you and the others, no support, no film crew except what you had, how would that be????

You may have to pack them out on stretchers but they , if they survive, would have a real world experience to brag about, down right, real men , tough as hell riders.

ride safe, and WILD

gale, pagosa springs, co
Gale B.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 05:54 PM   #49
1reddawg
Beastly Adventurer
 
1reddawg's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Monteagle Tenn.
Oddometer: 2,246
GOT MORE!!!
__________________
Current ride
2012 BMW Triple Black GSA
1reddawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 06:30 PM   #50
GastonUSAChile
Studly Adventurer
 
GastonUSAChile's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2008
Location: Miami,USA
Oddometer: 771
You Have Said Free Of Freedom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motodisiac
Great video....
One day I will come back to my motherland to do a ride like this. One thing I miss about Russia and wasn't able to find here in the land of the free is freedom. The ability to do rides like this is amazing. This is why to me Baja has the same vibe as Russia, the feeling of freedom.

You just said what it is really truth . I am south american (from sudamerica not US). This country (USA) lives freedom like anywhere else in the world with some exemptions of course. But it is true, there is something in USA that make oppresive, it is the law for everything. You cannot do camping freely, you cannnot do a fire anywhere. If you are in the beach, they close at 5, after that save your butt. There always a bastard with a regulation in hand. I understand what is take care of everything but, we culturized people of the rest of the world , we know what it take care of the other.
There is a feeling of no freedom in US, iti is distortionated by all means.
I really know what do you mean . The title FREE FOR FREEDOM is just adequated .
__________________
SAmericaXplorer
Export/Import Adventure Logistics
Motorbikes & Overland Vehicles

US SHIPPING Now open: JUNE-JULY 2014 Share Container CHILE to MIAMI or HOUSTON
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=741582 www.samericaxplorer.net
GastonUSAChile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:00 PM   #51
Andres A
FINDING NEMO
 
Andres A's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: McAllen, TX, TAMAULIPAS Y PUNTOS CIRCUNVECINOS
Oddometer: 242
Great Video
__________________
KTM950 ADV
Andres A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:08 PM   #52
Andres A
FINDING NEMO
 
Andres A's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: McAllen, TX, TAMAULIPAS Y PUNTOS CIRCUNVECINOS
Oddometer: 242
Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonUSAChile
You just said what it is really truth . I am south american (from sudamerica not US). This country (USA) lives freedom like anywhere else in the world with some exemptions of course. But it is true, there is something in USA that make oppresive, it is the law for everything. You cannot do camping freely, you cannnot do a fire anywhere. If you are in the beach, they close at 5, after that save your butt. There always a bastard with a regulation in hand. I understand what is take care of everything but, we culturized people of the rest of the world , we know what it take care of the other.
There is a feeling of no freedom in US, iti is distortionated by all means.
I really know what do you mean . The title FREE FOR FREEDOM is just adequated .
Tienes razon mi estimado Gaston, sin embargo desafortunadamente en algunos lugares se confunde libertad con libertinaje y es cuando vienen los desmanes por alcohol, tiran basura y provocan incendios, el conocer USA y ver como cuidan y protegen las zonas naturales y sus parques y vida silvestre, comparado con otros paises de pronto te hacen pensar que vale la pena, tanta regulacion y leyes pero bueno como reza un dicho aqui en MEXICO, "ni tanto que queme al santo, ni tanto que no lo alumbre", como ves?

Saludos.

Andres A.
__________________
KTM950 ADV
Andres A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:39 PM   #53
Yellow Iron
Beastly Adventurer
 
Yellow Iron's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Mountain Corners North Jersey
Oddometer: 3,023
If you like Metal your my freind

Here you go the Russian version
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hcJkXfr0yyo


And the USA version

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PSPxTHP02Ww

use this as your background music
Yellow Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 07:43 PM   #54
Seca750RUS
Touring minimalist
 
Seca750RUS's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: State College, PA
Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by GastonUSAChile
There always a bastard with a regulation in hand.


Yes, this is true. But usually that bastard is looking out for your "own good", making sure you don't get hurt being stupid, and then sue their establishment.
Otherwise the disclaimer is "At Your Own Risk"

The one thing that has always bugged me about the US is that people sue each other for the smallest things, even if it's their own fault for getting in trouble.
But hey, other than that it's a swell place to live and ride!!
__________________
Your motorcycle is a tool. Learn how to use it.
Seca750RUS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2009, 09:05 PM   #55
RacerXS
Studly Adventurer
 
RacerXS's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2008
Location: Central, NJ
Oddometer: 814
It does not get anymore hard core than that.....WOW!

Pink Floyd sucks?
__________________
Matawan, NJ
--------------------------------
2012 BMW R1200GS Triple Black , 09' Husky TE450
OCCR
--------------------------------
RacerXS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 08:47 AM   #56
Andres A
FINDING NEMO
 
Andres A's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: McAllen, TX, TAMAULIPAS Y PUNTOS CIRCUNVECINOS
Oddometer: 242


Pink Floyd sucks?[/quote]
__________________
KTM950 ADV
Andres A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 09:03 AM   #57
Pate
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Pate's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2008
Location: Moscow, Russia
Oddometer: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andres A
Tienes razon mi estimado Gaston, sin embargo desafortunadamente en algunos lugares se confunde libertad con libertinaje y es cuando vienen los desmanes por alcohol, tiran basura y provocan incendios, el conocer USA y ver como cuidan y protegen las zonas naturales y sus parques y vida silvestre, comparado con otros paises de pronto te hacen pensar que vale la pena, tanta regulacion y leyes pero bueno como reza un dicho aqui en MEXICO, "ni tanto que queme al santo, ni tanto que no lo alumbre", como ves?

Saludos.

Andres A.
Yes,
In these woods anybody is not present.
It is possible to stand anywhere.
We always took away garbage with ourselves.
Garbage left on near gas stations.
For fire old places of fishermen were used only.
We do not cut live wood, it does not burn.
Always a lot of dead wood.
Pate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #58
olegmc66
old chevy
 
olegmc66's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: NC
Oddometer: 70
Yeah for some reason I have always felt closer to Russians than any other group, altho I know we did have the cold war and all that shit.
And you gotta love the strains of the national anthem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fRU_k4tjoU
Your video just goes to show that it is a great country and yeah freedom is a great thing there as here.
I think our governments get in the way of what could be a great friendship.
Long live Zhivago and Sharapova.
I would love to try this on a Yamaha WR250, after a month of drought!
Great video my brothers.

olegmc66 screwed with this post 02-11-2009 at 05:49 PM
olegmc66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 06:21 PM   #59
Stillupright
Make my day
 
Stillupright's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Bozeman, Montana
Oddometer: 298
Good Bump

Its nice someone bumped this into current postings. That video is quite amazing - I'd have to say fun. The terrain is like some parts of Alaska, muskeg with lots of surface water, birch trees, brush. Truly hard core. Nice music
__________________
2008 Versys
2012 WR450F
Stillupright is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2009, 05:04 AM   #60
basketcase
lifelong reject fixer
 
basketcase's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: Fading...
Oddometer: 1,411
Quote:
Originally Posted by olegmc66
Yeah for some reason I have always felt closer to Russians than any other group, altho I know we did have the cold war and all that shit.
And you gotta love the strains of the national anthem.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4fRU_k4tjoU
Your video just goes to show that it is a great country and yeah freedom is a great thing there as here.
I think our governments get in the way of what could be a great friendship.
Long live Zhivago and Sharapova.
I would love to try this on a Yamaha WR250, after a month of drought!
Great video my brothers.
Ditto on your comments. I visited Russia in 1995 and found the people to be wonderfully receiving.

And +1 on doing such a ride after a month of drought. Three years ago I was treated for Malaria after a trip to an oriental country and my system is not the same. I can handle cold, and I can handle wet, but being wet and cold at the same time will send me to the house. It would be healthier for me to deal with the dust than with the wet and cold muck.
__________________
'00 BMW R1100RT, Gone away: 5 previous BMW's, 3 Honda's, 2 Suzuki's
------------
"The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane." - Marcus Aurelius
basketcase is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 07:36 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014